Devils Fan Club

gordienumber9

OK so who joined the fan club? Joe and I joined the other night and I found out the Ottawa-Montreal trip is on my 21st birthday. I'm really excited about it. Except it kinda sucks I can't legally drink in the US on the day I turn 21 but the trip more then makes up for it. Whos going?

OK so who joined the fan club? Joe and I joined the other night and I found out the Ottawa-Montreal trip is on my 21st birthday. I'm really excited about it. Except it kinda sucks I can't legally drink in the US on the day I turn 21 but the trip more then makes up for it. Whos going?

Offtopic but just noticed this

"My sperm is the John Madden of baby makeing."

:lol:

I've been a member for years. The trips are a lot of fun, but some of the people on them aren't. Basically think of the fan club like any other fan club. For example, some people like Star Trek, but then are the Star Trek fans who attend conventions etc...Most of the fan club members are older and have been there since day 1. That being the case, they think the world and the Devils owe them something and at the meetings when any member of management speaks, all they do is complain about everything that inconveniences THEM. I, myself, would have liked to hear Lou talk about hockey or his tenure as coach at the meeting last month, but almost all of the questions were from crotchety ol' men and women complaining about Newark, and what would they get for having to go to a new arena.

Anyway....the worst part of the trips are you're stuck with these people on the bus, but it's not that bad. They can be easily blocked out, and the whole road trip experience greatly outweighs the little annoyances of travelling with a bunch of people who need to experience life outside the Devils. Honestly, they are all very nice people, just a few of them are a little "off" in my mind. Oh yeah, I turned 21 in Toronto 9 years ago. Went to the Loose Moose, it was kind of funny celebrating that milestone in Canada, where turning 21 is meaningless.

I've always preferred making my own road trips to be honest

you can find a better hotel... trains or planes over buses.... or drive yourself and you're not tied to the mob's schedule and can free lance on your own.... and I find cost per person is very smiliar :)

I always felt the meetings were way too formal and serious and they took the thing a little too serious and like it was something more relevant then a hockey fan club

the only thing I stayed a member for was the meeting with Lou once a year, then class and life got in the way!

Im not a member anymore because what Skeeter and Crasher posted is so true. I can't stand to be bothered with those people and they haven't even been having the Devils dinner for the last few years either so that's another reason I didn't join.

Damn! The dinner was why I joined! I wanted to pinch Marty's ass so bad. :evilcry: Oh well. I'm still looking foward to the road trips. Thanks for the heads up skeeter, I kind of figured that was how it's gonna be with thsoe old crothcey people...grr. I'm in it for the experience. A good pair of head phones and Joe's portable DVD player will take care of them.

And here we thought you had no class or life :P

Thank you :)

I take pride in being the biggest classless ass you can find :evil:

but the life stuff kinda just happened (hence why recaps have been a pain in the ass to write, not me giving up on them just cause the team is losing :P)

I was a member for years. Only went to the dinners. (Well I did attend a few meetings early on.) When the lockout came I said I was going to renew when they came back. When they came back, I got the application but never sent it in. I couldn't find the time. I still haven't found the time. I don't know if that's a good thing or bad.

• 1 month later...

Well I have to agree with those of you who posted about the old crotchety people on the trips. My friend and I just got back from the trip to Boston. We were the youngest ones there. Most of the members didn't even talk to us. The city itself was great and so was the game with the exception of some very obnoxious Bruins fans that antagonized us pretty much the whole game. We actually made the mistake of trying to switch our seats on the bus back only to have some grouchy old man say you have to stay in the seat you had. There was a whopping 22 people on the bus. We only wanted to move because the window was squeeking the entire ride up there. Are you kidding me with this garbage. Now I know why there are no young people on these things. :angry:

Well I have to agree with those of you who posted about the old crotchety people on the trips. My friend and I just got back from the trip to Boston. We were the youngest ones there. Most of the members didn't even talk to us. The city itself was great and so was the game with the exception of some very obnoxious Bruins fans that antagonized us pretty much the whole game. We actually made the mistake of trying to switch our seats on the bus back only to have some grouchy old man say you have to stay in the seat you had. There was a whopping 22 people on the bus. We only wanted to move because the window was squeeking the entire ride up there. Are you kidding me with this garbage. Now I know why there are no young people on these things. :angry:

and also to be honest for the same cost .... OR LESS... you can get a whole better trip AND experience (I remember we went up the same weekend the DFC went to Montreal, we saw lower at a better and closer hotel, taking the train as opposed to the bus and you have the freedom to roam the city at will and not be tied to a group schedule, and not have to worry about fighting into some dopey old clique...

BTW, welcome to the boards .... go introduce yourself dammit!!! :P