GDT: Colorado @ New Jersey - 3/15/2012

NJCroMag

My completely unprofessional and merely observational opinion on Larsson is that he's just playing scared out there.

I think since Subban rang his bell (in combination with some other pretty big hits this year), he's just had some fear knocked into him

My completely unprofessional and merely observational opinion on Larsson is that he's just playing scared out there.

I think since Subban rang his bell (in combination with some other pretty big hits this year), he's just had some fear knocked into him

That's kinda my feeling too.

I remember one play tonight where it was either a 2 on 2 or 1 on 2 rush by the avs and larsson is defending his player coming across the blue line and volchenkov on the other side comes skating across and makes the defensive play for larsson right in front of him. It is like he was really trying to take the pressure off the kid.

Edited by DevsMan84

Couldn't watch the game due to work so I.can't really form an opinion but that's a big 2 points right there.

Not happy we technically got shut out again but we had a lot of shots on goal so I guess they put forth a better effort this game.

Zac didn't seem too happy on the radio interview.

It makes me really happy that Brodeur is playing like this. I'm guessing we owe this game to him. I haven't seen highlights.

Edited by ScoreMoreThan3

most definitely, but if you keep him in he can erase all of that in the playoffs, its a tough call for sure.

Couldn't watch the game due to work so I.can't really form an opinion but that's a big 2 points right there.

It makes me really happy that Brodeur is playing like this. I'm guessing we owe this game to him. I haven't seen highlights.

11o'clock msg+

Edited by lazer

This should have been an easy win, the Avs were exhausted. I'll take the 2 points, but the Pens wont be that easy on them

And we're not exhausted after playing nine games in fifteen days? (and four in six with the fourth being a bit of a trap game) Besides they needed the game more, I'm fine with the result today.

Edited by NJDevs4978

His save% is also up to .908...he has a shot to reach his career .913 mark...I remember when it was .883 on the season. I'm so happy for him, in that he's finishing up so strongly. I never wanted to see him leaving the game in embarrassment...he'll probably finish the season with 30-33 wins. Considering where he and the Devils were after the first third of the season or so, that's beyond terrific.

It's funny, Brodeur started to say he'd probably be back next year right when he started to turn it around, and I was like, oh man, what is this guy thinking? This could easily be a fluke. But it seems like he had some sort of revelation about his game and since then he's been the old Brodeur. I'm still worried about a possible Roloson-ing if he did come back - they've got to get him a better backup than Hedberg - but barring a meltdown in the playoffs, I'm mildly comfortable with the notion of Brodeur returning. And I would've never believed that 2 months ago.

It's funny, Brodeur started to say he'd probably be back next year right when he started to turn it around, and I was like, oh man, what is this guy thinking? This could easily be a fluke. But it seems like he had some sort of revelation about his game and since then he's been the old Brodeur. I'm still worried about a possible Roloson-ing if he did come back - they've got to get him a better backup than Hedberg - but barring a meltdown in the playoffs, I'm mildly comfortable with the notion of Brodeur returning. And I would've never believed that 2 months ago.

I'm on the fence about Brodeur coming back. I've said it before, but being that there's never been a player with a career workload like Marty's, it's so hard predict how good he'll be. Yeah, back in December, I felt sad for the very first time watching Brodeur. It would be easy to say that I knew Marty would turn it around eventually, because of his unbelievable track record, but I had no idea if he would ever get it going again...at his age, how could anyone know what he's going to do? All I want for him is to go out on top, or as close to it as possible. If he continues what he's done during this resurgence, and finishes the season with, say, 34 wins and a .910 save% or something like that, I think he can leave the game with his head held very high, regardless of what may happen in the playoffs. There's a part of me that would like to see him call it quits right there, rather than risking coming back nest season, starting slow, and possibly never recovering. But like you say, at least you feel better about him taking that chance that you did two months ago.

Good win, but worried about the Pens game now.

Meh, it'd be nice if the Devils won the game for sure, but it's not like they need to. All a loss would do is pretty much make getting the fourth seed extremely difficult, but if you're in the "6th seed or bust" camp (like me), then that doesn't even matter. If anything, it'd be funny to see the Rangers not win the Atlantic after looking like a shoo-in for the #1 seed for a few months.

I saw this on Mile High Hockey, a part of the SB Nation.

"With the game heading to overtime, both goalies had played up to their Hall of Fame resume's, Giguere stopped all 28 shots he faced thru regulation and Brodeur stopped all 25 he faced."

My reaction was, WTF?!?! J.S.G. Hall of Fame? I don't think so.

Marty looks very butterfly-ish lately (ok his right side does) his strength and flexibility may hold up another year. and he's always been technical

we had the shots last night just no finishing, hopefully the percentages even out over these next three games. if offensive board work were a sport we'd be champions

A-train was smahing people behind the net last night and taking their pucks away.

clarksons being met at the blueline now, better keep your head up! luckily he has a granite jaw

landeskog looked way better in the buff game

larsson looks tentative

"With the game heading to overtime, both goalies had played up to their Hall of Fame resume's, Giguere stopped all 28 shots he faced thru regulation and Brodeur stopped all 25 he faced."

[spits coffee all over PC monitor]

This...this cannot possibly be real.

I mean...can it???

Edited by NJCroMag

glad they came out with the win last night. I really love Zidlicky taking chances and sneaking behind the defense when the puck is deep in the corner. Just need the other guys to recognize him streaking in and get him the puck.

Henrique really is parise v2.0 with his play making ability and scoring touch. He has such a great all around game, that when he covered for Zidlicky he looked like a natural defenseman.

Larsson does look scared, and that giveaway in the last 5 secs of OT was a bit scary, before Greene blocked the shot.

My reaction was, WTF?!?! J.S.G. Hall of Fame? I don't think so.

Lol While reading, I was thinking this before I even saw it.

He's good but doesn't belong in the same room as Brodeur.

Bruins are 12-16-1 in their last 29 GP...I knew they'd been struggling, but that is BAD. And that's not a small sample either.

I think the NHL network just said Thomas has a .733% over his last couple of games? I could be wrong.

Another thing. Even though Bryz has been playing well..I think Brodeur now has a better GAA than him as well. (off topic but thought I should share)

Larsson had a better game tonight but boy does he still look lost out there many times.. I know he is a young rookie and all but he was not like this before his injury.

I honestly don't think it has to do with him being young because look at the rookie we played against last night and look at the the young D man in Ottawa. They're around the same age and doing fine.

Larrson just might be a sketchy player.

Hopefully he can clean it up over the years.

11o'clock msg+

Crap. Missed it but it's saying it's on today at 3pm I think the same channel?

RANDOM FUN FACTS:

14. The Eisenhower interstate system requires that one mile in every five must be straight. These straight sections are usable as airstrips in times of war or other emergencies.

This just isn't true... I'm all for more EISENHOWER factoids, but let us keep the truth paramount in our discussions.

http://geography.about.com/library/faq/blqzinterstaterunways.htm

Marty on the win:

Brodeur notched his NHL record 118th career shutout, but said he would have been steaming if he didn’t win. “If I would have lost this, I would have been, ‘That’s awful, to have a shutout and lose,’ ” Brodeur said. “When you shut down a team you should have a win, not a loss.”

Link