What hasn't Lou asked the league for LTIR on Mogs?

msweet

He has to have a big trade in the works.

Otherwise he's screwed and about 5 Devils were idiots for not signing with another team or going to arbitration.

It just doesn't make sense for him not to ask the league for that LTIR exemption from day 1.

He has to have a paln, and it has got to happen soon?

... and Zajac, Oduya and Clarkson still around must say something.

Bye, Bye Raffi?

Bye, Bye Marshall?

Bye, Bye Brylin?

... and Rassmussen? Where does he fit?... I guess LaCatoure is Lowell bound.

I asked this question in another thread and got no real answer other than the one I came up with, that Lou intentionally didn't want to have the cap issues solved before the preseason ended because he was using the cap issues as an excuse to motivate everyone in camp. That's the only real logic I can come up with. Lou DID tell the league of Mogilny's condition, it's only a matter of time that he asks for the LTI you would think.

I don't think he intends to make a big trade, if he did why even go through the charade of telling the league about Mogilny and preparing an argument about Malakhov being in breach of contract. Plus why would he wait until the last minute to do so (make a big trade), when his leverage decreases daily?

BTW even if nobody gets traded Oduya could be around, without Matvichuk there is an opening for the last defensive spot. Zajac's here obviously as a potential answer at second-line center since the team currently has none. Clarkson could be a replacement for Marshall, I'll buy that although I haven't heard of this guy until about a week ago :P

EDIT: That all said we're all giving ourselves headaches trying to guess what the hell Lou's thinking. None of us really knows, that's part of Lou's charm really :lol:

Edited by Hasan4978

I think that he's waiting to see what other teams are offering him. As dire as reporters make it out to be, like Lou will trade Gomer of Gio for a bag of pucks, a salary dump is A.) a favor from one GM to another that can be called in later, and B.) an easy way to pick up talent, but also a competition between prospective trade partners, because they don't want their peers to succeed almost as much as they themselves want to.

In Lou we trust. :koolaid:

I have no idea whats going on....I heard Paul Martin say that Lou told him he would be signed and ready to play by Thursday night's game against the Flyers. It's now Sunday and nothing is resolved. I'm getting a little nervous.

Lou was also spotted earlier in the week at the NHL offices in Manhattan. What the hell was he doing there if he wasn't filing for LTIR for Mogilny?? I also have heard that Glen Sather is not only upset that Lou might be let off the hook on Mogilny but he also plans to fight it if the Devils are granted LTIR.

I've got a strange feeling

but before..

How much was the salary of Zherdev ?

According to TSN, $1.75 million a year. (3 years, $7.5M)

(EDIT: Stupid not-seeing-the-7-in-1.75. Stupid not checking the numbers after typing. :doh1:)

Edited by RowdyFan42

As for why Lou hasn't asked for LTIR yet, if that's the case... I wonder if he was waiting to see the Malakhov deal finalized before making that request. Now that it's gone through, even if he can't clear Mogilny the Devils don't have to post signs for a fire sale. If the Malakhov deal never materialized, Lou's playing with a totally different hand o' cards.