Jagr traded to Florida

Marshall

I feel like Lou is reading this message board.  Everyone is very happy with him now lol.

My thoughts:  A 2nd is more than we could have hoped for, and kinda sad for Jagr because I don't think the Panthers are going to make the playoffs, but I have a lot of respect for him as a player after his time with us -- a lot more than I had for him before he joined us.

Guess I'll be the contrarian and say I was hoping for a prospect who could play relatively soon.  For some reason I had it my head that he could be part of a deal to St. Louis for a player like Barbashev, but what do I know.

Still, if Florida ends up missing the playoffs the second rounder is something like number 45, so perhaps there's some flexibility to move up in the first round to get a Marner or Strome.

I don't see that this is abandoning the playoff aspirations per se (thought it's not helping them either), as I really don't think this move helps Florida all that much.  Jagr isn't going to be the piece that sends any team from bubble to playoffs.  He's a nice depth piece at this stage in his career, but that's it.

Makes it obvious we aren't fooling ourselves with #TeamMiracle any more -- trading him to someone between us and the playoffs. Suck on that, SD.

I'm excited, I'll be pulling for the Cats to make the playoffs as I'd love to go see some playoff hockey.

I understand that cause of locale but man I'd rather have them miss and get another top 50 pick.

Makes it obvious we aren't fooling ourselves with #TeamMiracle any more -- trading him to someone between us and the playoffs. Suck on that, SD.

I'm excited, I'll be pulling for the Cats to make the playoffs as I'd love to go see some playoff hockey.

I gave him credits right away for the trade. But yeah poke at me like an a$$hole. 

I've been very pessimistic that Lou wouldn't know when to sell but this is an absolutely great trade. I was hoping for a late 3rd. Getting a mid second this year and a 3rd next year is fantastic.

Hopefully he can still move Zidlicky for at least a 2nd.  I keep seeing it referenced here that Zidlicky is doubtful to waive his no trade. Has he actually been documented as saying that?  Does Jagr moving on help change his mind now that it appears we won't be doing everything possible to slip into the playoffs?         

Hopefully he can still move Zidlicky for at least a 2nd.  I keep seeing it referenced here that Zidlicky is doubtful to waive his no trade. Has he actually been documented as saying that?  Does Jagr moving on help change his mind now that it appears we won't be doing everything possible to slip into the playoffs?         

Thing is with this perspective, is you're assuming that it matters that much to Zidlicky. He may be content where he is and not want to move just to win. 

Apparently, he was quoted or it was rumored or something or another that he wasn't interested in waiving it. I don't think there is a direct quote, but Im not sure. There is reasoning behind some stating it though.

Lou said the offer from Florida was too good to pass up. So its possible that he simply accepted a deal that any GM in his situation would have took anyway. Let's not assume too quickly that he's in God mode with that "steal" lol

It's definitely a step in the right direction though curious to see  how the rest is gonna pan out.

hoping things go well for Jagr in florida but i really hope they miss the playoffs

Edited by SterioDesign