All Jersey Talk

mmajeski06

Were the fonts they used on the jerseys last season the exact same ones as the ones used in the early 90's? Where can I get a pic of the fonts to send off with the jersey?

Mike

I'm pretty sure they just used the same fonts on the current home and away jerseys. If you want pictures you can check google images or getty images.

Hey does anyone know the difference between layered and reverse kiss-cut style when sending a jersey to be customized? Exclusive Pro says this on their website:

PLEASE DECLARE IF YOU WANT JERSEYS/KITS COMPLETED IN A LAYERED OR REVERSE KISS CUT STYLE.

Not exactly sure what that means.

Thanks!

Layered is what the Devils (and most teams) use, where the innermost color is the top layer of the number. I'm not sure what the difference between kiss cut and reverse kiss cut is, or if they're the same thing, but that is referring to what some teams (Penguins) have, where it's not a simple stacking of twill on top of each other, and one of the borders is the top layer, or something like that.

If it's a Devils jersey (or probably most other currently worn NHL jerseys) you don't even have to specify, they know what to do.

I want to get my Devils retro jersey customized by Exclusive Pro. Does anyone know if I need to send them a separate box for them to ship it back to me?

Nah you don't have to. They usually send it back in some kind of heavy duty plastic bag.

I admit I don't know tons about jerseys, but I was in Monkey Sports recently and they had Rebook Premier jerseys for about 90 bucks, which seemed reasonable to me (same as a lot of Internet sites, anyway). But the Xmas tree jerseys from Reebok were $299. Is that normal? I would have thought 300 would have bought a 'same as the players wear' jersey with name and number stitched on. They did look awesome, no doubt, but the price tag was a stunner.

Thanks Devilsfan26 for the tip.

I have another question. I'm looking at a CCM Red Jersey on ebay, but it already has letters and number sewn into it. If I buy the jersey, can I have the letters and numbers replaced or would it look bad?

Mike

Thanks Devilsfan26 for the tip.

I have another question. I'm looking at a CCM Red Jersey on ebay, but it already has letters and number sewn into it. If I buy the jersey, can I have the letters and numbers replaced or would it look bad?

Mike

I've had Exclusive Pro do that a few times, I think it's another $30. However, if it's a factory-customized jersey, meaning it was customized by CCM and was purchased new in a store already customized, then it is all permanently glued on and not even Exclusive Pro can remove it. Authentics were never made already customized so you won't have to worry about that with them, only the replicas.

Never mind, someone grabbed it before I could. Here's another I was looking at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120675502370&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

What do you think? Fake?

Mike

Never mind, someone grabbed it before I could. Here's another I was looking at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120675502370&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

What do you think? Fake?

Mike

Nah that's not fake, you won't really find fake Starter jerseys. It's when you're looking for a Reebok Edge jersey you have to be very careful. That jersey is legit, it just has the same incorrect font that all Devils jerseys factory-customized by Starter had.

For your reference, here's my vintage red/green Authentic CCM Ultrafil Brodeur #29 a jersey contact of mine in Canada had made for me around 5-6 years ago. I provided the jersey and he took care of the rest.

2719525550102523534S600x600Q85.jpg

2291995900102523534S500x500Q85.jpg

Thanks so much for the refrence photos. I had found the 75th anniversery patch on ebay and was set to pick it up until a quick visit to the NHL Shop showed all they had was small and medium. Urggggg! I called and a rep claimed there was no timetable on when they would be getting anymore of the jerseys in in my size (XL). I'm hoping they will get more in before 3/18 so I can buy it and have it customized by then.

Mike

Nah that's not fake, you won't really find fake Starter jerseys. It's when you're looking for a Reebok Edge jersey you have to be very careful. That jersey is legit, it just has the same incorrect font that all Devils jerseys factory-customized by Starter had.

And the ones that come straight from the factory can't be corrected, yes?

Mike

Edited by yankeesjetsfan

For your reference, here's my vintage red/green Authentic CCM Ultrafil Brodeur #29 a jersey contact of mine in Canada had made for me around 5-6 years ago. I provided the jersey and he took care of the rest.

2719525550102523534S600x600Q85.jpg

2291995900102523534S500x500Q85.jpg

prob my most fav jersey you have, No other Brodeur jersey can top this one unless its his GW his rookie year

Did Mitchell & Ness make a Devils throwback? I seen this one and thought about bidding on it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Authentic-New-Jersey-Devils-Mitchell-Ness-Throwback-48L-/320648551286?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item4aa8249b76

Mike

And the ones that come straight from the factory can't be corrected, yes?

I know the CCM ones can't, not sure about Starter but I would assume it's the same.

Did Mitchell & Ness make a Devils throwback? I seen this one and thought about bidding on it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Authentic-New-Jersey-Devils-Mitchell-Ness-Throwback-48L-/320648551286?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item4aa8249b76

Mike

They did but I heard it was only for a very short time because the Devils made them stop or something like that, but some did get out there before that happened.

• 2 weeks later...

I keep checking nhl.com shop for the ccm throwbacks and they still don't have them in an xl. I'm really hoping they get some in before the 18th. I want to be able to use that 100 gift card my friend gave me for xmas on it.

Mike

Is there a place that does the name right? I had gotten a Langs jersey 2 years ago and everything was great, cost about $150 (was an online site recommended on here, forget which one.) anyway, it was all great except you could tell the nameplate was off. The letters were too narrow compared to the jerseys the players actually wear. Does that happen even if you order at the NHL.com shop? or does the nameplate look right. just don't want to spend the money on say a kovy jersey and have people be able to tell it's off.

Is there a place that does the name right? I had gotten a Langs jersey 2 years ago and everything was great, cost about $150 (was an online site recommended on here, forget which one.) anyway, it was all great except you could tell the nameplate was off. The letters were too narrow compared to the jerseys the players actually wear. Does that happen even if you order at the NHL.com shop? or does the nameplate look right. just don't want to spend the money on say a kovy jersey and have people be able to tell it's off.

Again I recommended going through Ron at Sports Express. Ive gotten a few jerseys done by him, bringing the jersey to him and him sending it out. Cost 80 or so and its stitched just like the players wear. I wouldnt go anywhere else.

Exclusive Pro

These guys do the jerseys the Devils wear on the ice so you are guaranteed to get the right font.

Should cost around $50-60.

NHL.com is awful, don't even consider them.

Edited by devilsfan26

Again I recommended going through Ron at Sports Express. Ive gotten a few jerseys done by him, bringing the jersey to him and him sending it out. Cost 80 or so and its stitched just like the players wear. I wouldnt go anywhere else.

Where does he send them to? You could probably just send it to them on your own and save money by cutting out the middleman.

Where do everyone get the throwback Kovy knockoffs from? I am talking about the ones that are cut like the Reebok Edge and not the CCM style. Last night I must have seen at least a couple of dozen people with those. I heard from a few people they are quite cheap to get.

Thanks.

Where do everyone get the throwback Kovy knockoffs from? I am talking about the ones that are cut like the Reebok Edge and not the CCM style. Last night I must have seen at least a couple of dozen people with those. I heard from a few people they are quite cheap to get.

Thanks.

Mine is a retro authentic that I got from icejerseys.com. Rebbok made a small amount and although its expensive its my favorite authentic jersey to wear to games. All other Edge Retros that you see are mostly fake from ebay.

Mine is a retro authentic that I got from icejerseys.com. Rebbok made a small amount and although its expensive its my favorite authentic jersey to wear to games. All other Edge Retros that you see are mostly fake from ebay.

Well yeah the retro authentics are a good $250 and in my post I said I know the ones I see are knockoffs. I didn't see any of the knockoffs on ebay so it must be some site that is selling them. I hear they are about $30-$60. If anyone knows the site please let me know.

Well yeah the retro authentics are a good $250 and in my post I said I know the ones I see are knockoffs. I didn't see any of the knockoffs on ebay so it must be some site that is selling them. I hear they are about $30-$60. If anyone knows the site please let me know.

I just did a bit of googling and found these two sites.

http://www.mynhls.com/reebok-new-jersey-devils-17-ilya-kovalchuk-red-home-throwback-nhl-hockey-jerseys-p-1252.html

http://www.bbeststore.com/show_prod.asp?productId=3010

Hope that helps at all.

Give me $250 then.

No thanks. If you want to wear a sh!tty looking jersey that's your call, all I'm saying is that the difference is so drastic that it's worth the money to get a real one. Even a replica from NHL.com or the Devils Den (which you can find for like $100 on these boards) is still better than those foreign knockoffs.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.