2012 Miami Dolphins Thread

Hi, I'm VALUE!

Tannehill's numbers aren't pretty, but he's had moments and he's getting valuable experience. He's learning. Overall, if you're a Dolphin fan, you've got to consider this a pretty positive year...just take a look at life in Jetland, to see how a season can go truly and horribly wrong.
. 18-26 253 1 TD 1 INT today. Not too bad. Not great, but not bad for a rookie against that defense. He made a horrible decision on the pick that was negated on the roughing the passer call, so Tannehill dodged a bullet on that one. He recovered from a lackluster 1st half to have a good second half and lead the team from behind to win the game. It's huge because that is Tannehill's first 4th quarter comeback, and it came at a time when people had started the whispers about his ability to get it done in crunch time. Plus 189 on the ground today- funny how passing lanes open up when you run the ball effectively.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I meant his overall numbers aren't pretty. Today's numbers weren't too bad.

He managed to win the game on a stupid roughing the passer play. I am unimpressed.

. No offense, but this is one of the absolute dumbest things I have ever read on this board. The kid leads not one, but TWO drives to bring them from behind against a top 10 defense (also, this was the first win for the Dolphins when trailing by 7+ in the 4th quarter since 2005, after 49 consecutive losses, so there's also that), and you're unimpressed eh? I have no idea what to tell you brother. You must not understand what a process developing a young QB is, and what a huge step in that process a win like this signifies. But make no mistake, it's big and you should not underestimate how big it is.

. No offense, but this is one of the absolute dumbest things I have ever read on this board. The kid leads not one, but TWO drives to bring them from behind against a top 10 defense (also, this was the first win for the Dolphins when trailing by 7+ in the 4th quarter since 2005, after 49 consecutive losses, so there's also that), and you're unimpressed eh? I have no idea what to tell you brother. You must not understand what a process developing a young QB is, and what a huge step in that process a win like this signifies. But make no mistake, it's big and you should not underestimate how big it is.

The fact is, one of those drives actually did end in an interception, and was called back for a penalty that had nothing to do with the outcome of the particular play.

Agreed 100%...you look at a day like this and hope it's a step forward and a sign of things to come.

The fact is, one of those drives actually did end in an interception, and was called back for a penalty that had nothing to do with the outcome of the particular play.

. The fact is that was the drive before Washington returned the ensuing kickoff for the go-ahead TD (the one that tied it at 14). He led the drive with the tying TD to Clay right after that, and then the drive for the winning FG. If you're gonna get on the kid, at least make sure you know what he did and didn't do in the game.

. The fact is that was the drive before Washington returned the ensuing kickoff for the go-ahead TD (the one that tied it at 14). He led the drive with the tying TD to Clay right after that, and then the drive for the winning FG. If you're gonna get on the kid, at least make sure you know what he did and didn't do in the game.

That was my mistake.

Damn, that was one hell of an effort by the Dolphins. They made the Patriots fight for damned near every yard they got. Their defense really impressed me...Dolphins are definitely not that far away.

Question, do you foresee a scenario in the next 3 years where the Phins offense will be able to move the ball even remotely as well as the patriots do?
. Sure, if we get Tannehill some weaponry and he improves his accuracy. His ball placement was not good today. It happens to all QB's, Brady missed some throws too. But if Tannehill hits one of those throws to Hartline, it's a different ballgame. We also beat ourselves with some dumb mistakes (Wilson's roughing the kicker penalty was a killer, the Fields bobbled punt), but the refs also missed a blatant facemask on Tannehill on the drive after the Reshad Jones pick. We wound up kicking a FG there, but if that's called, it's 1st down inside the 20 with a chance to tie the game. Who knows how things go if that happens? Anyway, good effort overall, but you can't give the Patriots gifts and win when you're as limited as the Dolphins offensively. Now we go to SF with them coming off a loss. Yay.

Damn, that was one hell of an effort by the Dolphins. They made the Patriots fight for damned near every yard they got. Their defense really impressed me...Dolphins are definitely not that far away.
. I was very happy with our defense today for the most part. The last drive pissed me off though, having Wake and Odrick on the sideline there makes no sense to me (my only beef with Philbin today). The Pats ran 8+ minutes off the clock and made us burn timeouts. Tough way to end the day, but it was a great overall effort. If we executed better on the other side of the ball, we could've pulled this one out.

I was very happy with our defense today for the most part. The last drive pissed me off though, having Wake and Odrick on the sideline there makes no sense to me (my only beef with Philbin today). The Pats ran 8+ minutes off the clock and made us burn timeouts. Tough way to end the day, but it was a great overall effort. If we executed better on the other side of the ball, we could've pulled this one out.

I think the Pats would've found a way to pull it out, and the Dolphins didn't execute on offense as well as they needed to, but they did something teams have not able to do much of this season: make the Patriots' offense work to score points...they were getting frustrated at times. Brady is so good at not throwing picks because he usually only throws them under two circumstances: if he's getting a bit greedy, or if he's getting shut down and trying to make something happen. He rarely throws one because he misread a defense and got tricked. On the ball that was picked, he was clearly trying to force something...like I said, he doesn't do that unless he's starting to get frustrated, which gives you an idea of what the Dolphins were doing to him.

If the Dolphins can play as well on D next season, AND Tannehill can make major strides, the Dolphins could win 8 games or more next season. They have a shot to be the 2nd-best team in the AFC East next season.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Tannehill has to be the worst QB of the 2012 draft. Of all the young QBs in the league only Gabbert and Lindley (if you want to include him) are worse.

Absolutely zero big play ability.

Amazingly he has ZERO playmaking offensive players around him....what a fascinating coincidence :doh1:

Matt Moore managed well enough with virtually the same offense last year.

Tannehill is not good.

Funny I don't see Brandon Marshall out there this year and Reggie Bush went into the sh!tter

this offense is not good

Brandon Marshall would not make a difference. Maybe Reggie Bush is no good this year because defenses have no respect for Tannehill.

Yeah 91 catches, 1182 yards, 8 TD...he's trash....what are the Bears thinking!?!?!?!