Something about this board doesnt agree with IE11

Blown01NJ

Internet explorer.

And it's awful, slow, and a memory hog.  Still.  

Deny it and I assume you're over 60 years old.

Is being stupid painful?

Tell us more about the 'memory hog' that is IE 

http://blog.mid.as/2013/11/13/best-web-browser-internet-explorer-11-firefox-25-opera-17-safari-5/

http://www.digitaltrends.com/web/the-best-browser-internet-explorer-vs-chrome-vs-firefox-vs-safari/

"

Memory Usage

With five tabs opened to the same sites, my PC recorded the following memory use:

• IE11: 168Mb
  • Firefox 26: 225Mb
  • Chrome 30: 401Mb

It’s possible Windows 8 has other background processes running which aid IE11, but I couldn’t find any obvious candidates. Firefox is a little hungrier and Chrome is a resource glutton which also started around twenty sub-processes!"

http://www.sitepoint.com/internet-explorer-11-review/

Edited by Blown01NJ

IE has gotten better with 10 and 11, not a real fan of chrome. I mainly use firefox though. I'm used to it and since I do some web designing, I like using the integrated tools. IE has the "F12 developer tools" but it does work the same way. One FF feature I like is to be able to right click on something, select "inspect element" and see the styling information if I'm not sure how it was done.

The CKeditor is having issues reading the IE11 browser agent, I am researching if there is a patch. I can confirm the same issues.The CKeditor is having issues reading the IE11 browser agent, I am researching if there is a patch. I can confirm the same issues.The CKeditor is having issues reading the IE11 browser agent, I am researching if there is a patch. I can confirm the same issues.The CKeditor is having issues reading the IE11 browser agent, I am researching if there is a patch. I can confirm the same issues.The CKeditor is having issues reading the IE11 browser agent, I am researching if there is a patch. I can confirm the same issues.The CKeditor is having issues reading the IE11 browser agent, I am researching if there is a patch. I can confirm the same issues.

Testing. Testing.

Works good. That was rather painless to fix.

IE11 should be okay now.

I have to say while browsing with IE11 today it was pretty snappy. I didn't even realize windows7 had updated to it.

The CKeditor is having issues reading the IE11 browser agent, I am researching if there is a patch. I can confirm the same issues.The CKeditor is having issues reading the IE11 browser agent, I am researching if there is a patch. I can confirm the same issues.The CKeditor is having issues reading the IE11 browser agent, I am researching if there is a patch. I can confirm the same issues.The CKeditor is having issues reading the IE11 browser agent, I am researching if there is a patch. I can confirm the same issues.The CKeditor is having issues reading the IE11 browser agent, I am researching if there is a patch. I can confirm the same issues.The CKeditor is having issues reading the IE11 browser agent, I am researching if there is a patch. I can confirm the same issues.

Testing. Testing.

Works good. That was rather painless to fix.

IE11 should be okay now.

I have to say while browsing with IE11 today it was pretty snappy. I didn't even realize windows7 had updated to it.

:thumbsup:

I'm still waiting to retrieve this patch through gopher, the BBS I use is pretty good though and they just recently upgraded all the lines from 2400 to 14400 baud; so once it's here I'll get it in just under 45 minutes... It's amazing!

Until then I'll be in a MUD

I have Firefox 25, Chrome 31, and IE 11 on my main home machine, and IE11 is easily my favorite. It's the most stable, uses the least memory, and is the fastest. If that should change in a week or three i will rely more heavily on one of the others, but I use all three and like speed and stability. Firefox is a memory hog to epic proportions, I honestly can't see how anyone who has used both in the last year can prefer FireFox.

I have Firefox 25, Chrome 31, and IE 11 on my main home machine, and IE11 is easily my favorite. It's the most stable, uses the least memory, and is the fastest. If that should change in a week or three i will rely more heavily on one of the others, but I use all three and like speed and stability. Firefox is a memory hog to epic proportions, I honestly can't see how anyone who has used both in the last year can prefer FireFox.

But but but , IE is a memory hog!!

LOL, yep, those were two of my favorites. I think I still have my original console laying around somewhere in the basement.

I loved that thing as a kid and had it for a few years before we got the original NES.  I also loved Frog Bog, Dragon Fire (for some reason) and Beauty and the Beast.

I loved that thing as a kid and had it for a few years before we got the original NES.  I also loved Frog Bog, Dragon Fire (for some reason) and Beauty and the Beast.

I had Frog Bog too as well as a few others. The sports games were pretty good for the times, hockey, football, baseball, soccer etc. ... Hell, I even had Intellivoice, LOL.

The main problem with Intellivision was the controllers were a bitch to master on certain games -- they had too many buttons on them and the disc had too many positions to control.

Also even though Intellivision's graphics were better, Atari had the way cooler games.

Edited by 95Crash

I had Frog Bog too as well as a few others. The sports games were pretty good for the times, hockey, football, baseball, soccer etc. ... Hell, I even had Intellivoice, LOL.

The main problem with Intellivision was the controllers were a bitch to master on certain games -- they had too many buttons on them and the disc had too many positions to control.

Also even though Intellivision's graphics were better, Atari had the way cooler games.

The controllers were awkward and the fact that the cords were short and were like telephone cords meant you had to sit pretty close to the tv.  Not only that but for some of the more complicated games you pretty much needed those little plastic inserts for the controllers so you could see what button did what, but of course those were the first things you would lose unless you kept pretty good track of them.  Plus the placement of the main action button on the side made it feel almost like today if you would play a game using an iphone controller, but the main action button being the sleep button on the top.

Despite its faults I was always an Intellivision guy and never got into Atari.  As much as the Intellivision's controllers were a bitch, I still liked them over any joystick controller.