The Official 2014 Trade Deadline Thread

Derlique

I've gotta be honest, I'm not sure what would be more upsetting to me - a Brodeur trade or a Brodeur extension.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I'd rather see the trade. I don't want to do another season of Brodeur playing like garbage and our own fans gleefully tearing him up every night. 

I can't buy that. Dreger's good with info, but I can't name 3 teams that would make sense, let alone 8 or 9.

He didn't say 8-9 teams are interested.  He said Brodeur provided a list of 8 or 9 teams he would go to.  I just don't see where there's a deal here, at all.

Marty has been a master with the media all season. For weeks he keeps being asked about deals, and he keeps talking about it, but not once has he made it seem like he is the one pushing the buttons. When the reality is Lou would never in a million years ask Marty to waive his NTC. Marty is the one who wants out, yet he continues to make it seem like he is unaware what will happen or what Lou will do.

He didn't say 8-9 teams are interested. He said Brodeur provided a list of 8 or 9 teams he would go to. I just don't see where there's a deal here, at all.

Ah that's different then. Yeah I don't see a deal either. There's really nowhere for him to go.

I could see Marty going to CHI, DAL, ANA or MTL.

Chicago is right up against the cap.  They'd have to clear out a bunch of space just to slide half of Brodeur's contract in.  I think it's unlikely

Dallas has Lehtonen, he is their starter.

Anaheim - this is a possibility but their owner likes money and Brodeur is still owed another $650,000 and that's even if NJ picks up half the deal.

Montreal - don't see it, they have the cap room but Price is their guy, why would you bring that distraction on to your team?

I don't see Lou doing much of anything tomorrow. Like Tri has said we don't have the pieces. You could move Fayne, but I don't think you're getting something that can help now. Same thing goes for Zids and Volchenkov. You'd have to move a roster player and a prospect, but still that and 25 cents will get you a bag of chips.

Hey by the way, I didn't see these trades discussed in here yet..

[CHI/PHX]David Rundblad and Mathieu Brisebois for 2014 2nd rounder

I wonder what the hell happened to Runblad..Sens fans had him pegged as the next coming of Christ a few years ago, seems to just be a trade piece now. 

[PHX/WSH] M. Erat+J. Mitchell to Coyotes for R. Klesla+C. Brown+4th Round Pick.

Thankfully that puts Erat off the market (theoretically).  One less Lou-type player (read:  useless forward) that could be added. 

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice

Brodeur: "This is who I am. I’m a Devil and I’m always going to be a Devil regardless happens tomorrow.”

He had a lot of good quotes in that interview. It was pretty touching how he talked about wanting to prove to himself that he can still play the game, how he loves playing the game, and how he "worked on his game with his goalie coach." Just the idea of the greatest goalie ever working on his game to get better is pretty humbling. He could easily just say, "Yeah, I have all the records, I don't need to work on my game or tell the media that I'm doing so."

You can see it in his eyes that he knows his time is running out and it's kind of hard to watch. I can only imagine doing something everyday for 37 years and then suddenly be on the verge of not having it to do anymore. Must be incredibly difficult to cope with.

I may get sh!t f

He had a lot of good quotes in that interview. It was pretty touching how he talked about wanting to prove to himself that he can still play the game, how he loves playing the game, and how he "worked on his game with his goalie coach." Just the idea of the greatest goalie ever working on his game to get better is pretty humbling. He could easily just say, "Yeah, I have all the records, I don't need to work on my game or tell the media that I'm doing so."

You can see it in his eyes that he knows his time is running out and it's kind of hard to watch. I can only imagine doing something everyday for 37 years and then suddenly be on the verge of not having it to do anymore. Must be incredibly difficult to cope with.

I may get sh!t for this but I'd put Marty at third behind Hasek and Roy in the past 30 years