The Official 2014 Trade Deadline Thread

Derlique

I like this. Everyone is focused on the Marty thing, and maybe Lou pulls something else out of nowhere.

More like the Marty thing distracts us from Lou leaving Larsson in the AHL the rest of the year and makes us feel better about claiming Gomez as our big addition.

per Kypreos 

#Devils will try and move Brodeur. He told his GM last nite he wants out. Lou told him not great market but he'd try his best to do it.

I can't imagine a scenario in which Kypreos gets that sort of insider information. Really, Kypreos, you somehow know that Lou told Brodeur in some closed office last night that it's not a great market out there???

Edited by DJ Eco

Just remember, Brodeur has given a list of 8 teams he wants to go too. I imagine they are good teams. He says he doesn't need to be a starter but wants to play more. So Brodeur needs a situation where he gets in more than 30/63 games (his current games started to Devils games played) on a good team?

You can only laugh.

Maybe Marty needs to go somewhere else to be reminded how good he had it here. No other team is going to give him legacy games.

Maybe Marty needs to go somewhere else to be reminded how good he had it here. No other team is going to give him legacy games.

Then it'll have to be next year.  No one wants him.  You can basically tell by the fact that there has been zero mention of him drawing any interest from any other team besides Minnesota, and that ship has sailed.  Just go look at the fairly reliable twitter sources.  They seem to pick up on the smallest of chatter and even preliminary discussions between teams.  I have yet to read a tweet from any of them that Brodeur is on any other team's radar.

I can't imagine a scenario in which Kypreos gets that sort of insider information. Really, Kypreos, you somehow know that Lou told Brodeur in some closed office last night that it's not a great market out there???

Clearly Marty is leaking like crazy, trying to pressure Lou into a trade.

gotta feel like marty's list is half "play more on a good team" and half "okay here's my shot at a 4th cup." i just cant see seven or eight teams willing to give this guy legitimate playing time. it's not like his last few starts have been a highlight reel of what he can do - last night he was fine enough but damn did it look like he had no idea where the puck was 85% of the time. i love marty but he's delusional if he thinks he has a good stretch left in him. i hate the circus this is creating. just give us our crappy defenseman acquisition and scott gomez and let's be done with this deadline.

Im not a big stats/numbers guy (especially with Marty still able to win games) but how can he not realize hes just a backup now? Hes making a mistake by wanting to be traded. Just come back next year as back up, get 700 wins and ride off into the sunset...

Because he's been the best at what he has done for, well, his whole life...that leads to a pretty huge ego and also some of these  blinders.jpg (blinders).

Edited by mrthemike

If he got the news from Brodeur's agent, sure.

I could see the logic of Brodeur wanting a trade just to prepare himself for not being here next year, to get used to the idea that he won't get to tell the coach what games he wants to play and so forth.  But again I can't find an interested team.  MAYBE Tampa, if they dealt us Lindback and NJ picked up half Brodeur's salary and threw something in.

I could see the logic of Brodeur wanting a trade just to prepare himself for not being here next year, to get used to the idea that he won't get to tell the coach what games he wants to play and so forth. But again I can't find an interested team. MAYBE Tampa, if they dealt us Lindback and NJ picked up half Brodeur's salary and threw something in.

also if he can go somewhere to get more playing time this season to prove he deserves a decent contract for next year. Starting 5 of the final 25 here isn't going to garner him much interest in the ufa market in July. If he can get ten starts somewhere else and put up decent numbers maybe he fools someone into thinking he can carry a larger load next year.

also if he can go somewhere to get more playing time this season to prove he deserves a decent contract for next year. Starting 5 of the final 25 here isn't going to garner him much interest in the ufa market in July. If he can get ten starts somewhere else and put up decent numbers maybe he fools someone into thinking he can carry a larger load next year.

No good team, or team on the cusp, will play a guy with a .899 save percentage in 10 of their last 19 or 20 games.

This whole Marty situation is just so odd.  This whole year he has been clamoring on about how he wants to play more, but now he just wants to move on.  As evidenced in the past, he'll get his 4 or 5 starts here.  Does he honestly think he is going to get more time elsewhere and for a contender at that? He seems a bit too eager to move on.  There has to be some hard feelings towards Lou for not letting him know about the Schneider trade

This whole Marty situation is just so odd.  This whole year he has been clamoring on about how he wants to play more, but now he just wants to move on.  As evidenced in the past, he'll get his 4 or 5 starts here.  Does he honestly think he is going to get more time elsewhere and for a contender at that? He seems a bit too eager to move on.  There has to be some hard feelings towards Lou for not letting him know about the Schneider trade

I think he honestly does.  The greats have a hard time knowing when they're done..he's one of the worst goalies in the league this season statistically, but I'm sure he believes that's only because he wasn't given enough of a chance.

Bleh Marty...can't you just bow out gracefully..I'm foreseeing an ugly retirement situation here.

Rather than all this talk about us losing a player who is essentially our backup goaltender (Albeit one who is a legend of the game and our franchise) it would be nice to see the Devils mentioned pursuing some options to make the team better at forward.

:hail:          thank you.

I just don't see where all this "I want to play more" stuff is coming from? He's a .899 save percentage goalie that's started 30 out of the Devils 62 games this year. Brodeur is acting like he's gotten 10 starts. "I need to play more, I want to play" 

HE'S PLAYED!