GDT-April Fools Edition- Devils vs Sabres-7pm

Renato Rodrigues

btw Leino, who scored in the shootout today...has 0 goals on the year

So did JJ and he had 0 until yesterday. What's your point?

At least Josefson has been looking good. Silver lining! Lmao what jjoke.

Anecdote time: When I was a younger I read this kids' horror book about a girls' basketball team. One day on her way home from school, the main character, Samantha, runs into an old woman in need of help finding her way. Samantha gladly assists her and the old lady rewards her with 3 wishes. Now, Samantha it just so happens, is a terrible basketball player and probably the worst on the the school team. It's not that she is particularly awful at the game, she's just a bit clumsy and has a confidence problem. Anyway, Samantha ends up wishing to be the best player on the basketball team. The next day, all of her teammates begin to lose their skill and/or fall ill. See, what happened is that rather than Samantha's skills improving, those of her teammates deteriorated. Thus, Samantha seemed like the best player on the team.

Edited by Neb00rs

I'm still curious about the depths we can reach here- maybe we can lose to an EMERGENCY back-up next. I mean if we had to face that 43-year old dude who EB'd for Minnesota last night, who'd be confident we'd be able to get more than 3 pucks by him?

Looking at stats...

Buffalo, the team with the worse record in the NHL, has a longer winning streak this season than the Devils. lol

The Devils didn't beat this team once in regulation in three tries this year. They scored a total of 4 goals against them, 3 in 9 periods of regulation hockey. Let that marinate for a minute or two and then ask yourself if we deserve to make the playoffs.

Looking at stats...

Buffalo, the team with the worse record in the NHL, has a longer winning streak this season than the Devils. lol

It's a good thing the media pays little to no attention to the Devils, because the more you look, the more you're going to see a lot of things about the Devils and laugh. Then wonder how jobs can survive because of it. 

It's great they've decided to step it up with plenty of time left

If you don't expect the team to make the playoffs, it's a lot easier to be happy with their slight improvement. "Time left" is an issue you are dealing with, not me.

Just chew on this for a while. NHL skaters (and Mike Sislo) had 42 attempts to score 1 on 1 breakaways goals against a mix of starting, backup, and AHL goaltenders. In those 42 attempts they scored only 3 times

How would an ECHL or high school team fare? I would think better

yes, definitely better

Edited by '7'

Just chew on this for a while. NHL skaters (and Mike Sislo) had 42 attempts to score 1 on 1 breakaways goals against a mix of starting, backup, and AHL goaltenders. In those 42 attempts they scored only 3 times

How would an ECHL or high school team fare? I would think better

yes, definitely better

The problem that people are overlooking, to a lesser extent, is that various Devils shooters over the course of this embarrassment have taken terrible attempts. IMO, this is something that is overlooked in the futility rather then the results. There's just some players who just look clueless, uninterested and beaten as soon as they move the puck from center ice.

This is Deboer hockey. They always play like frightened turtles and choke all the time in every way

the culture of choking has to end. Deboer has to go

I want Deboer gone..I've had it. Timid, stubborn, doesn't say sh!t to the refs

Edited by devlman

Only thing worse than these clowns in the shootout is having to listen to Chico still calling the games

Nice to see Jagr step up and actually go in the SO, use to make fun of him for not sacking up when he was a Ranger for always taking a pass. Considering the garbage they roll out tike after time he needs to go at least he has somewhat of a clue.

This is Deboer hockey. They always play like frightened turtles and choke all the time in every way

the culture of choking has to end. Deboer has to go

b4vX7i3.jpg

fvck PDB and his acceptance of losing.. And fvck Lou too.. This sh!t never would have stood years back. Status Quo my ass.

I'm on the fence with Deboer. Look at his history of coaching, yes there are chokes and roster mismanagements but for the six years of coaching he only had a talented team one time and they made the Cup Final. The other five seasons he had a lousy group and yet he managed to make them competitive, even somehow getting that Panthers team to 96 points that one season and he somehow managed to get this group within 3 pts of the playoffs. Imagine if the PLAYERS were at least mediocre at the shootout, they would be in the playoffs. What other coach that's available would be able to get this group of players in this position? Not a lot. I love his system for this group of players, I'm afraid of what might happen if that system goes away. If we had more talent on offense then I would agree about a change, but not with this group of forwards. I'll take Deboer back for another year.

I want Deboer gone..I've had it. Timid, stubborn, doesn't say sh!t to the refs

No....did you forget about the bench minors he took last season and the season finale where Rooney threw him out of the game? He always mouths off at the refs when needed.