2012 Jets Thread

Beezer34

Jenkins is out for the season. :doh1:

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Kris Jenkins' season is over. You have to wonder about his career as well.

The New York Jets' nose tackle tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee Monday night against the Baltimore Ravens. It's the same knee that required reconstructive surgery last October, putting Jenkins' career in jeopardy.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5571834&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

Jenkins is out for the season. :doh1:

There were two instances during yesterday's game of me actually yelling "NOOOO!"

One was one of those penalties for an automatic first down when the Ravens had third and long inside of their own 5.

The other was when I saw Jenkins lying on the field. He was supposed to be a big piece to putting this team over the top. Now his career is likely over. Sad, sad, sad

Maybe he'll be good 3 years from now. Unfortunately the Jets as constructed are a super bowl caliber team today with one MAJOR hole at QB. Investing for the future means sacrificing today, and if Sanchez keeps this up, his terrible play is going to the story of the season.

He needs to improve quickly, or fans and players are going to turn on him.

I think that you have to fault Rex for this. He's convinced everyone that this is it, this will be our big season, and in so doing, heaped tons and tons of pressure on Sanchez. If we're going to be developing a quarterback, then we'd probably be better served having a poor season so that we can pick up another difference-making piece in the draft. I hear we may be in need of some big defensive linemen.

I think its a combination of Schottenheimer and Sanchez that are at fault. Sanchez seems to be a good passer when he is on the run and I just dont get why Schottenheimer keeps calling plays where he has to throw in the pocket

Its called pass protection. When he is on the run that means: he has held onto the ball too long and the protection has broken down. He is more likely to have an interception while "on the run" because its a moving target and the D can adjust an only has too cover half the field.

What he needs to do is make his read much faster, what Schott needs to do is keep the D off balance with his play calling for Sanchez to have more time which is what they did in the playoffs.

Without Jones and Faneca expect more third and longs for Sanchez, unless Schott gives him more variety to work with in terms of the pass/run mix.

Sanchez will be a very good QB, but every QB looks out of sorts playing the Ravens D.

Edited by MantaRay

when i saw the jets pick sanchez, i had doubt of him as a draft pick. if you think about it, he only played one year of college ball and i guess one can make the case that he hasnt been proven

If anything, that should prove why its silly to say Sanchez will never be good.

Bottom line is that Sanchez was all hype coming out of USC, and he really *ISN'T* that good. The weakest link on the Jets by far.

----------------------------------------------------------------

..he will NEVER be a good qb. hes played nearly 50 games!!! and he only has 19 wins, 59 td , and 50 interceptions!?!?!?! this is year 4 already!!!! WHAT THE F*CK ARE WE WAITNG FOR?!? how much time does he need???

its clear the organization is just trying to push a circle shaped peg into a square hole. with all thwe weapons we have, its disgraceful he hasnt developed yet. we are going nowhere with eli. its time we cut our loses and either draft or trade a qb next year. i am done with this f*cking team. DONE!!!!!!!!!

-An actual Giants fan rant (buddy of mine) after the Green Bay game.. September 17th, 2007..

..needless to say, he has since changed his tune. :thumbsup:

Edited by Beezer34

..he will NEVER be a good qb. hes played nearly 50 games!!! and he only has 19 wins, 59 td , and 50 interceptions!?!?!?! this is year 4 already!!!! WHAT THE F*CK ARE WE WAITNG FOR?!? how much time does he need???

its clear the organization is just trying to push a circle shaped peg into a square hole. with all thwe weapons we have, its disgraceful he hasnt developed yet. we are going nowhere with eli. its time we cut our loses and either draft or trade a qb next year. i am done with this f*cking team. DONE!!!!!!!!!

-An actual Giants fan rant (buddy of mine) after the Green Bay game.. September 17th, 2007..

You can compare Eli and "Sanchize" AFTER and only AFTER he has some Super Bowl bling....

I understand that, however it seems that he is alluding to the fact that Sanchez will one day progress to where Eli is. I say, not happening...

Yeah like Super Bowl rings are the be-all-end-all showing of great QB's. Please.

Dan Marino never won a Super Bowl. I guess hes terrible.

Edited by nmigliore

Yeah like Super Bowl rings are the be-all-end-all showing of great QB's. Please.

Didn't say that either. Stop being a bitter Jets fan and putting words in my mouth. It is very obvious that Sanchez is NOWHERE near Eli right now. (my prediction is that he never will be, but we will see in time)

EDIT: He may reach that level in time, but for now...he has a long way to go.

Edited by ThreeCups

Didn't say that either. Stop being a bitter Jets fan and putting words in my mouth. It is very obvious that Sanchez is NOWHERE near Eli right now. (my prediction is that he never will be, but we will see in time)

EDIT: He may reach that level in time, but for now...he has a long way to go.

Then why did you say: "You can compare Eli and "Sanchize" AFTER and only AFTER he has some Super Bowl bling.... ". How/why is having a Super Bowl ring relevant to this discussion?

And nobody is saying he'll become the next great thing. Nobody knows that. Beezer is just pointing out Eli, like other quarterbacks in the past as well, wasn't all that good to start his career. Its that simple. Nobody is saying he'll be Eli Manning.

Edited by nmigliore

Then why did you say: "You can compare Eli and "Sanchize" AFTER and only AFTER he has some Super Bowl bling.... ". How/why is having a Super Bowl ring relevant to this discussion?

I just told you. Making the comparison at any level is inferring that one day Sanchez will be as good or better. It is possible, but highly unlikely if you ask me.

EDIT: I don't dislike Sanchez. But people think he is going to be some savior, and I just don't see it. I also like to see the Jets take their lumps now because of all the trash they talked/chest pounding that went on in the media and on Hard Knocks. Rex made sure the Jets have a huge bullseye on their back each and every week

Edited by ThreeCups

And nobody is saying he'll become the next great thing. Nobody knows that. Beezer is just pointing out Eli, like other quarterbacks in the past as well, wasn't all that good to start his career. Its that simple. Nobody is saying he'll be Eli Manning.

Well that is how I took it. Yes it is too early to officially declare him a bust or anything like that.

Making the comparison at any level is inferring that one day Sanchez will be as good or better.

I completely disagree with this, but whatever. If it bothers you that much, I'm sure there are many other examples of QB's, ones even older than Sanchez was, struggling/being mediocre the first few years of their careers.

EDIT: I don't dislike Sanchez. But people think he is going to be some savior, and I just don't see it.

I have no idea what Sanchez will become. Nobody does. But what I do know is that its completely unfair to write him off as junk less than 1.5 years into his pro career, which is what I believe Beezer truly is alluding to.

I also like to see the Jets take their lumps now because of all the trash they talked/chest pounding that went on in the media and on Hard Knocks. Rex made sure the Jets have a huge bullseye on their back each and every week

Who cares. Rex is having fun and the players are having fun. I've never been big on trash talk ever, but if the players and coaches are enjoying themselves and its working (it worked pretty well last year, no?), who cares.

Edited by nmigliore

EXCELLENT POST.

i just double checked his stats toi make sure they were accurate. i had no idea eli mannnings numbers were that low for his nfl career going into the 07 season.

u brought back memories though. no wonder g-men fans wanted another qb

I like to see the Jets take their lumps now because of all the trash they talked/chest pounding that went on in the media and on Hard Knocks. Rex made sure the Jets have a huge bullseye on their back each and every week..

..I absolutely can't wait until Sunday, when Peyton beats the ever loving sh!t out of Big Blue.. and all you fvckers can go back into your holes with tails between your legs.

You would think after last season (jumping to a 5-0 start against cream-puff's.. only to win 2 out of your last 11 games, when you started playing REAL teams) you'd know better. But I guess beating the Carolina Panthers after giving up 4 turnovers, has convinced the Giants faithful that they are going to the Superbowl.

-Because since Sunday.. you fairies have done alot of chirping.

Who cares. Rex is having fun and the players are having fun. I've never been big on trash talk ever, but if the players and coaches are enjoying themselves and its working (it worked pretty well last year, no?), who cares.

But we went 8-8 last year...as if we're the only team that got a break from another team resting players down the stretch :rolleyes:

Not to mention when the Bears make a Super Bowl Shuffle video, the Ravens talk smack before they win or the Cowboys talk smack before they win (funny how some of the most bitter anti-Jet people are Cowboy fans) nobody cares but when we do it it's the worst thing in the world.

Agreed. Last year he could rely on a strong ground game, this year they don't have that. He has the potential to be a very, very good QB.

Schottenhiemer calls games like his old man- Sanchez needs to be allowed to throw the ball. They don't believe in him enough to let him do that. It's affected his confidence in himself, which is plain to see. I can only hope it continues.

Edited by MadDog2020