2011 NFL Thread

MadDog2020

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ricky signed a 2-year deal with Baltimore. Good fit- with both McGahee and McClain gone, Ricky should be a nice complement to Rice. I wish him nothing but the best, one of my all-time favorite Fins.

Really? He looks a little slow these days. I hope he helps.

Really? He looks a little slow these days. I hope he helps.

Ricky can still move. He rushed for over 1,000 yards just 2 years ago, and surely would've done better last year if he got more carries and our o-line didn't blow at run blocking. I think Ricky will do fine there.

Ricky can still move. He rushed for over 1,000 yards just 2 years ago, and surely would've done better last year if he got more carries and our o-line didn't blow at run blocking. I think Ricky will do fine there.

We have a pretty good O-Line and a punishing FB to help pave the way. I hope he can spell Rice as I am concerned about him wearing down towards the end of the season.

I hope the Chargers move to LA. I have an acquaintance that is one of those pick random teams from different cities and then shove it in your face fans. We all can't stand this guy most of the time so it would be awesome to see him lose his random team.

Either they or the Raiders make the most sense all around. You wouldn't have to do any re-alignment, and there already are pre-existing huge fanbases for both teams in LA. If its Buffalo or Jacksonville, it becomes a bit more complicated. In the end, my money's on the Raiders. I've also heard the Rams are a possibility to go back as well.

Edited by MadDog2020

Steve Smith from the Giants signed with Philly. The Giants are getting stripped like a stolen car. I have no idea what they're doing. The fact Philly signed him hurts them even more.

fvck Steve Smith. Enjoy that championship-allergic city.

Steve Smith from the Giants signed with Philly. The Giants are getting stripped like a stolen car. I have no idea what they're doing. The fact Philly signed him hurts them even more.

Isn't he still out post surgery? That is why the Giants didn't re-sign him.

Either they or the Raiders make the most sense all around. You wouldn't have to do any re-alignment, and there already are pre-existing huge fanbases for both teams in LA. If its Buffalo or Jacksonville, it becomes a bit more complicated. In the end, my money's on the Raiders. I've also heard the Rams are a possibility to go back as well.

The Vikings have also been a popular name, but supposedly these three teams have leases that are far too difficult to deal with to get them to LA. It sounds like the door is wide open for Oakland or SD to move though.

Yeah, I heard he won't even be ready to practice til October

Apparently the Eagles feel he's only going to miss a couple of games. So someone's doctors are gonna be way off :P And fwiw the Giants use the same HSS doctors as the Mets do, and they've been cursed with injuries and re-injuries...

I actually feel for Coughlin, the Giants really aren't giving him a fair chance to have a good season with his job on the line, maybe last year as a coach. It's like they've turned into the Mets and the Eagles the Phillies.

Edited by NJDevs4978

preseason or not it was nice to see some football last night. It was even nicer to see someone on the sidelines not afraid to take a little risk in a meaningless game. Bum jr would've went for the tie...and with his luck Buehler would've missed it and we would've lost...haha!

Hines Ward is a fvcking douche. I can't stand that guy.

No argument here.

preseason or not it was nice to see some football last night. It was even nicer to see someone on the sidelines not afraid to take a little risk in a meaningless game. Bum jr would've went for the tie...and with his luck Buehler would've missed it and we would've lost...haha!

Agreed. I dropped all my sports packages after the finals. Fortunately, ESPN is on basic. Even though two crappy teams played, it was great to sit and watch sports again.

I'm very upset by this trade of Lee Evans to the Ravens for a 4th Round Pick.....the Ravens have actually stepped out of the dark ages of wide receivers and actually have someone who can hit home runs and stretch the defense down the field, I'm going to have to actually work to mock them this year it seems :P

I'm very upset by this trade of Lee Evans to the Ravens for a 4th Round Pick.....the Ravens have actually stepped out of the dark ages of wide receivers and actually have someone who can hit home runs and stretch the defense down the field, I'm going to have to actually work to mock them this year it seems :P

Good luck with your endeavors. I love this trade.

Good luck with your endeavors. I love this trade.

This trade is good for the Ravens and a step towards offensive enlightenment in Baltimore...hence why I am upset by this....read the post next time oh Manta-Vision! B )

I enjoy Manta's views as much as the next guy, but do you ever lay off? Honestly, it's like you have a crush on the dude. Zoikes, scoob.

Also, the trade is great. Lee Evans is going to give Joe Flacco quite a target. I'm still confused by the Mason move, though. you don't have to be a Raven fan to see how much he meant to that recieving corps. Quietly one of the better recievers in the AFC over the past few years.

Wait...like you should talk on here.....seriously :unsure::blink:

I said it's a good fraking move, what the hell else do you want???

I enjoy Manta's views as much as the next guy, but do you ever lay off? Honestly, it's like you have a crush on the dude. Zoikes, scoob.

Also, the trade is great. Lee Evans is going to give Joe Flacco quite a target. I'm still confused by the Mason move, though. you don't have to be a Raven fan to see how much he meant to that recieving corps. Quietly one of the better recievers in the AFC over the past few years.

Kid, your starting to grow on me.

I am mere a victim of the "Crasher Crush". He can't really write anything or participate in any activities without paying homage to me. He named his "Fantasty" team after me last year. :dance:

But in regards to the trade, we really didn't need him last season as our receiver corp was very strong, but because we are a designed more for the run and Flacco is still learning how to read defenses we haven't been able to play to our receiver strength. After losing Mason (which still baffles me), getting Evans was a great move by Ozzie.