The Official 2014 Trade Deadline Thread

Derlique

With the trade deadline happening in a little over a week, I thought it'd be a good time to start a trade deadline thread.  This should be devoted to rumors (credible sources like McKenzie, Lebrun, Dreger, etc) and trade happenings. Try to avoid guys like Єklund (2.3% accurate) and fourthperiod.

Edited by SMantzas

Apparently Dreger also mentioned in a radio interview tonight that Kesler was close going to Pittsburgh right before the roster freeze.

It would be nice if we had a couple generational players that other players would want to play with so those "generational players" could win them a Stanley Cup.

Apparently Dreger also mentioned in a radio interview tonight that Kesler was close going to Pittsburgh right before the roster freeze.

How is this possible? They would use Kesler as a 3C?

I guess they could always shift him as a winger. It'd probably cost something like Maatta to get it done

It would be nice if we had a couple generational players that other players would want to play with so those "generational players" could win them a Stanley Cup.

I'd be interested to know what Pittsburgh would've been sending back. Kesler wouldn't come cheap. What his contract status? If he's under contract for a while, that would be an expensive get.

I'd be interested to know what Pittsburgh would've been sending back. Kesler wouldn't come cheap. What his contract status? If he's under contract for a while, that would be an expensive get.

He has a very favorable deal. $5 million AAV, under contract for two more years. So you have to give up a top flight prospect at least to get him.

Apparently he's having an MRI on his finger, so that might nix any deals if the results aren't good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He has a very favorable deal. $5 million AAV, under contract for two more years. So you have to give up a top flight prospect at least to get him.

Apparently he's having an MRI on his finger, so that might nix any deals if the results aren't good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah I'd be starting the conversation with Olli Maata then, and ending the conversation very quickly if Pittsburgh refused to include him.