Photo

It has been awhile...(2013 Starting Roster Discussion)

• Please log in to reply
235 replies to this topic

#21 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:41 AM

Maybe he'd want to play closer to home, maybe he's dreaming too of playing with another dude somehwere in the NHL and they'll sign together somewhere

I have to say one of my best friends is from Winnipeg.. .and I've never heard of anyone from Winnipeg that has the chance to leave and never come back and actually says "Nah, I'll stay in Winnipeg"

#22 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,064 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:10 AM

Zajac maintains an off-season home in Winnipeg but it's exactly that - off-season. I know Parise's going back home, but it would be x100 if Zajac went to Winnipeg.

And if Zajac wants to play with someone, the Devils have the money to bring that person here. Pretty sure New Jersey's got the edge on Winnipeg in that regard.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#23 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,095 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:07 PM

I have to say one of my best friends is from Winnipeg.. .and I've never heard of anyone from Winnipeg that has the chance to leave and never come back and actually says "Nah, I'll stay in Winnipeg"

I think a lot of people will be feeling the Parise sting for a long time. Very few players actually decide to 'go home'. And even fewer go home and have it work out for them. I expect the same reaction when Henrique becomes a UFA for the first time, and people fear that Toronto will sign him.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#24 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,486 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

I don't think we know anything about Zajac. I think if he became UFA when Atlanta first moved to Winnipeg that would of been his high point to move. Not everyone decides to go to their hometown club. Toronto apparently showed a lot of interest in Clarkson, but he stayed here. I see Zajac as a bit more loyal to the club than Parise. Parise just didn't want to go play in Minny, but he also wanted to play with Suter. I also think Zajac has been treated rather well by the Devils whereas there was some frustration in Parise with the coaching turnovers and what-not.

#25 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,064 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:31 PM

I don't think we know anything about Zajac. I think if he became UFA when Atlanta first moved to Winnipeg that would of been his high point to move. Not everyone decides to go to their hometown club. Toronto apparently showed a lot of interest in Clarkson, but he stayed here. I see Zajac as a bit more loyal to the club than Parise. Parise just didn't want to go play in Minny, but he also wanted to play with Suter. I also think Zajac has been treated rather well by the Devils whereas there was some frustration in Parise with the coaching turnovers and what-not.

Clarkson never went UFA. I don't know where this 'Clarkson to Toronto' stuff got started, but apparently it won't end until his career does.

Let's not forget that both of Zajac's professional hockey playing brothers are doing so in the Devils' organization. While neither is on an NHL contract and could be snapped up by another team at season's end, I imagine it's nice the family that all of them are playing within a 250 mile radius.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#26 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,095 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:43 PM

Clarkson never went UFA. I don't know where this 'Clarkson to Toronto' stuff got started, but apparently it won't end until his career does.

It came from the same place as the Parise to Minnesota came from. Marty to Montreal, Madden to Toronto, and every single UFA the Devils have ever had to the Rangers all came from there, too. It's all bull, but since Parise went to Minny and Rafalski went to Detroit, we're gonna have to hear it every time someone approaches free agency.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#27 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,873 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:56 PM

Didn't Kypreos start a rumor one time Clarkson wanted out?
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#28 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,405 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:52 PM

with free agency there's no ranking like that anymore, plenty of 2nd line center making realll good money

Except his free agency won't be a bonanza, with the cap coming down and such.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#29 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,873 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

edit, wrong forum

Edited by NJDevs4978, 02 January 2013 - 05:37 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#30 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,926 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:05 AM

Well now it's real-

Kovalchuk-Zajac-Butler
X (will be Henrique)-Elias-Zubrus
Tedenby?-Josefson-Clarkson
4th line

#31 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,026 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:09 AM

Holy sh!t, we can talk about this again. Thank God.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#32 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,026 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:41 AM

On that note, l eagerly look forward to what moves Lou might have up his sleeve. We'll be without Henrique to start the season, not sure about Volchenkov's status (I assume he's still injured). And didn't Larsson get hurt too? I need an injury update lol.

#33 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:54 AM

I hope Lou makes a deal before the season offically starts. Seeing someone like Grabner on this team would be amazing.

Fayne + a 2nd (maybe add in a prospect) should get it done

Kovalchuk-Zajac-Grabner
Elias-Henrique-Zubs
Butler-Josefson-Clarkson
CBGB

n2eg.jpg

#34 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,082 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:03 AM

Volch is good to go according to TG.

#35 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,026 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:16 AM

Volch is good to go according to TG.

Then I'm wondering if Lou will be dealing a d-man for a forward. I thought that might've been on hold if Volch was still gonna be out, but it kinda needs to happen given our lack of forward depth at the moment.

#36 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:53 AM

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice
So, Henrique is probably going to miss first week or two of the season.

Time to expect a lot of Sestito and Barch. Fantastic.

n2eg.jpg

#37 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,268 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:09 PM

I'd be pretty surprised if a move or two wasn't made, once things get set in motion.

rsz_2ru-uc9709.jpg

Rutgers:  The Birthplace of College Football

First B1G Season: 7-5

#38 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:14 PM

I have been MIA tell me more about Bobby Butler please

Thanks
DIE HARD DEVILS FAN SINCE '90

#39 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,323 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:19 PM

Henrique will be fine. If the season opens on the 19th, he'll be in the lineup by the 26th if not earier
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#40 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:22 PM

I have been MIA tell me more about Bobby Butler please

Thanks

A better skating Clarkson minus the grit. Also has more offensive awareness than Clarkie.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users