Flyer fans

cheardjr

From my perspective the devils fans were worse. 2 devils fans were in row 8 and kept running down to row 2 of the next section to taunt and flip off 4 flyer fans (who were philly cops because I was talking to them at uberburger before the game). Then after the game one of the devils fansgrabbed one of them by his shirt and ripped it as he went down the escalator. And in section 232 there were 3 devils fans that flipped off every flyer fan that was leaving. There was a flyer girl who got kicked out for telling a mother "shut the fvck up and suck my dick" after the mom yelled at her for flashing everyone aafter the second flyer goal

lol. Was the girl at least decent looking?

I had a pathetic incident walking out of the arena after Game 3: Group of Flyers fans talking crap down the stairs saying how all Devils fans are "Jersey mutants" so I yelled "gotta love sweeping generalizations" Tool: "Oh yea well you're from jersey" Me: "again, love the sweeping generalizations, is that how they teach geography in Pennsyltucky?" Tool's friend: "you're a jerk" Me: "oh my god... he called me a jerk, whatever will i do with myself. Oh wow, you burned me" and it progresed from there to the laughs of both our fans and philly fans minus this kid's group who were really close to punching me.

last night, however, i had the coolest family next to me in 104. we were tossing light barbs back and forth. I jokingly asked the one guy if he was going to stand and cheer after every Brygalov save because he's not used to seeing it. they all laughed. Had a bunch of conversations with them and even quipped, "man, its nice to know some Flyers fans have a sense of humor."

There was a row of juiceboxes who i'd swear were the same clowns from Game 3 in 103 taunting a bunch of people in the section. I really loved how the one said "Why's it so quiet in here" literally right before Sykora's goal.

The problem isn't with the few of them that are respectful and there just to cheer for their team. The problem is the drunk 20-28 year old wearing a brand new knockoff Giroux jersey and skinny jeans that won't shut the f up the whole game about how NJ is the armpit of America (gee, I haven't heard that before), is generally obnoxious, talks sh!t directly to you when they score a goal, then cries like a bitch when you give it right back to them. I'm not getting into any fights at a sporting event unless a punch is thrown at me first, but I have no problem making that guy's experience as miserable as possible while he at the Rock.

Maybe it's just what I've experienced at most games I've been to vs. this team, but from my perspective, 90% of the Flyers fans at our games are just like I described above.

Payback's a bitch. Our arena is way to comfortable for opposing fans (like the 1 or 2 idiots that will wear a Rangers jersey to a Devils-Flyers playoff game at the Rock). If they weren't obnoxious from the start, then I'd leave them alone. But they're generally a bunch of drunken douches simply looking for a fight. In that sense, then I say its fine to verbally abuse these idiots till they go home and cry themselves to sleep. But like I said and you edited out of my comment, I never can justify physical confrontations between fans unless you are defending yourself.

I totally agree agree. We've had to endure way too much abuse from Flyers fans in our own building for years. Even in game 3 they were out of line, screaming at girls in our section that they hope they "die of breast cancer". Last year and the Flyers series of 2010 was the worst!!

That being said, I'm not picking fights and wouldn't waste my arm on a fist-fight over a GAME. But I have zero sympathy for anyone in orange that shows up to our building drunk and out of line and gets abused; it's in 90% of the cases warranted. Even real Flyer fans themselves admit that it's almost never a group of respectable families of fans that show up at our arena.

Yo how come every time I hear a story it's never about a devils fan about to kill a flyers fan. I think it's time to man up an hold down the fort because it really sounds like some of our fans are getting their asses kicked

Yo how come every time I hear a story it's never about a devils fan about to kill a flyers fan. I think it's time to man up an hold down the fort because it really sounds like some of our fans are getting their asses kicked

Cause as Flyers fans showed at the Winter Classic, their tactics include: group assaults and jumping from behind

From my observation, that's not the case at all. I used to see Flyers fans get the sh!t kicked out of them all the time at the Meadowlands for being douchebags. Saw one guy wearing a LeClair jersey get rolled down a flight of stairs once. Flyer fans don't really fight fair though, the mark of a true pansy. They're big fans of the sucker punch. They also talk sh!t at girls, which, again, is the mark of an absolute fairy.

Cuz this is a Devils board. Im sure it happens and there are stories, but you wont hear em here.

I don't mind the really drunk Devils fans starting trouble. I'm playing Devil's advocate (hehe) here, but if we can't go to Wells Fargo Center without getting beer or lit cigarettes thrown at us or getting jumped in the parking lot, I don't want Flyers coming into our building and getting a free pass either. All the Philthy kids who snatch up expensive resale tickets on Ticketmaster and StubHub are coming because they've been to The Rock before and completely enjoyed themselves at our expense.

If some drunk obnoxious over-the-top fools in Devils gear can make their experience a living hell, then I'm a happy camper. I don't want them coming back, I don't want them telling their friends to come with them next time. I don't want them to come in droves on their booze bus from Philly looking for trouble.

Let the a$$holes Devils do their thing. Whatever polite respectful classy fans we've had during the regular season were NOT working for us.

+1

To those complaining about Devils fans: This time of year, and we haven't been here in years, always brings out the small minority of trashy Devils fans who aren't even real fans but just want to come to the games to yell at others, get drunk and scream - I sat next to one too. It however, does not make up even a moderately sized portion of our fan base. A larger but still small portion of our fans are classless enough to scream at Flyers fans who quietly walk out of the building or back to their cars after a Devils win - it's always been like that. Overall we have a really classy fanbase compared to others. Of course every team is going to have a certain number of "Flyer-type fans," the question is whether it defines your fanbase or not.

Edited by ben00rs

To those complaining about Devils fans: This time of year, and we haven't been here in years, always brings out the small minority of trashy Devils fans who aren't even real fans but just want to come to the games to yell at others, get drunk and scream - I sat next to one too. It however, does not make up even a moderately sized portion of our fan base. A larger but still small portion of our fans are classless enough to scream at Flyers fans who quietly walk out of the building or back to their cars after a Devils win - it's always been like that. Overall we have a really classy fanbase compared to others. Of course every team is going to have a certain number of "Flyer-type fans," the question is whether it defines your fanbase or not.

This is certainly true. I just hope it doesn't spread. I really do pride myself with the fact that I think we are one of the classiest fan bases in the league.

I guess I am a lurker on these boards but after tonight's game I have to post. I have tickets in the lower black seats at prudential center row 2 by the flyers we have had the seats for years including in the old stadium. Most games are quite with rival teams we get some banter or chanting this Includes many flyers fans in the past.. Tonight we got attacked by 3 drunk violent fans unprovoked and witnessed 4 other Philly fans all men walking up from section 7 attack 3 young women trying to punch them and then 2 young men trying to fight anyone on their way out. How does the NHL not report on this? I have witnessed 17 years of devils hockey and never seen such a violent disrespectful group of fans. I have a video I will post a link Tom it is on YouTube It's the three guys who attacked us and then attacked the women after the video.

Can you post a link to the video?

but if we can't go to Wells Fargo Center without getting beer or lit cigarettes thrown at us or getting jumped in the parking lot, I don't want Flyers coming into our building and getting a free pass either.

The hell? I think people who live closer to Philly should make the effort to go tomorrow but lit cigarettes? Unprovoked?

How do you know they arent 'real devils fans'? Because theyre drunk and making it tough for the visiting Flyer fans by giving them some schtick on the way out? And, on top of that, that makes them classless? Gimme a break with the generaliaztions.

How do you know they arent 'real devils fans'? Because theyre drunk and making it tough for the visiting Flyer fans by giving them some schtick on the way out? And, on top of that, that makes them classless? Gimme a break with the generaliaztions.

Because they don't show up much at all during the regular season or early playoffs. They also, from my experience, don't know much about the team at all. Then there's of course the fact that I personally don't consider them true fans when they act like that. From Lou down there is a philosophy that this team has and the way they act goes against it.

Because they don't show up much at all during the regular season or early playoffs. They also, from my experience, don't know much about the team at all. Then there's of course the fact that I personally don't consider them true fans when they act like that. From Lou down there is a philosophy that this team has and the way they act goes against it.

Maybe you are describing some hyper-beligerent, violent fans who cant name anyone on the team besides Brodeur...but I rarely come across those types. Most of the fans I saw at the Pru were loud, into the game, and having a great time (with a side of giving some banter to the Flyer fans) - which has made for a great atmosphere and unpleasant evening for Flyer fans.

Maybe you are describing some hyper-beligerent, violent fans who cant name anyone on the team besides Brodeur...but I rarely come across those types. Most of the fans I saw at the Pru were loud, into the game, and having a great time (with a side of giving some banter to the Flyer fans) - which has made for a great atmosphere and unpleasant evening for Flyer fans.

This is exactly what I was saying. I don't mean this rudely but you may want to go back and re-read my posts.

Edited by ben00rs

Nothing wrong with a little banter...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Co4oTl87Yk

I love that show, it's hilarious. I really don't know what I'd do without HBO.

On topic though, there's def nothing wrong with some back and forth, so long as you don't get too heated or start getting personal with the attacks. Keep the jokes, insults, etc. either about the teams or the city/state they play in and it's all good imo.

Couple observations from game 4:

1. Flyers fans seemed pretty tame, probably because they were getting their assess handed to them so badly

2. "Cheese steaks and fat chicks!" seemed to be the chant of the night

3. Sometime during the 3rd period during a TV timeout, they began a montage of Rocky training. My Dad and I were like "Ugh..does Devils pr know this is a Philly thing.." when suddenly, they cut to all the clips of Rocky getting his ass beat in the various movies. I was DYING, it was hilariously well done

Edited by Devilsfan118

Flyers fans are dumping their tickets for tonight. Instead of crying about their big bad mean fans, get even. Tickets on stubhub now down to $63 each (cheapest). Round up some people, buy some tickets and take a ride down the turnpike. Hit Tony Lukes or Jims for a feast. Cheerleaders for pre and post game entertainment and then drive home.

3. Sometime during the 3rd period during a TV timeout, they began a montage of Rocky training. My Dad and I were like "Ugh..does Devils pr know this is a Philly thing.." when suddenly, they cut to all the clips of Rocky getting his ass beat in the various movies. I was DYING, it was hilariously well done

Giants do this when they play the Eagles, too. Problem is, Rocky always wins in the end.