N.F.L Week 8

CRASHER

If you lived in Pittsburgh you would... Being a Dolphins fan who grew up in North Jersey surrounded by Jet fans- and having to listen to their sh!t whenever the Fins would lose to them- I gloat WHENEVER we beat them.

I can understand totally living in enemy territory and how it adds to the enjoyment of the wins......

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ 34 years old, who the hell would've\could've predicted Darren Sharper to have this type of year?! He's got 7 INT's.. in 7 Games.. with 3 TD's to go along. He's already got as many TD's as his previous 4 seasons combined! And he's #1 in the league in interceptions. (tied with Byrd, who's 11 years younger) Just 2 more picks, he ties a career high... at 34 years of age.

@ 34 years old, who the hell would've\could've predicted Darren Sharper to have this type of year?! He's got 7 INT's.. in 7 Games.. with 3 TD's to go along. He's already got as many TD's as his previous 4 seasons combined! And he's #1 in the league in interceptions. (tied with Byrd, who's 11 years younger) Just 2 more picks, he ties a career high... at 34 years of age.

New Orleans is REALLY starting to get that "team of destiny" look.

nfl_a_favre01_580.jpg

Despite the easy schedule. Despite playing indoors. Despite having Peterson. Despite the mediocre Division. (and Conference for that matter) If Brett Favre can win the Superbowl this season... moveover, just get to the Superbowl, (which would be his third trip their) he will cement his legacy. Dude's got all the records, with one Championship already in the bag.

Still wondering where the vaunted GB defense is this year.... Aaron Rodgers basically has to win games by himself as the O-line and the Defense are MIA.

I have to acknowledge that Favre is a great fit for the Vikings, but I am still not convinced they are even making it out of the first round playoffs. Peterson is still the star of that team, with much more support around him.

I wouldn't call the Cowboy fans bandwagon fans at all... That franchise hasn't won a playoff game since 1996. And there are some pretty damn dedicated Cowboy fans here like Crash and UDX right off the top of my head... They are NOT band-wagon fans at all.

:thumbsup:

amazing how they love to point out our post-season fails any chance they get

but yet we're STILL "frontrunners" and they ain't said jack since having their sh!t pushed in by better teams... oh, what three weeks in a row???

And San Diego's next for ya... good luck with that one kids!!! (no I am not looking forward to that game on my birthday either :P )

:thumbsup:

amazing how they love to point out our post-season fails any chance they get

but yet we're STILL "frontrunners" and they ain't said jack since having their sh!t pushed in by better teams... oh, what three weeks in a row???

And San Diego's next for ya... good luck with that one kids!!! (no I am not looking forward to that game on my birthday either :P )

I think most of the distain for the Cowboys is based on a dislike for Jerry Jones which just rubs football people the wrong way.

I think most of the distain for the Cowboys is based on a dislike for Jerry Jones which just rubs football people the wrong way.

Jones is the main reason I have no love for the Cowboys. He needs to back off and let a credible football person run that franchise. This of course will never happen, as we saw what happened when he tried that with Parcells, but the Cowboys won't win again IMO until he checks his ego and let's someone who knows what the fvck they're doing run the ship. I'm sure the Cowboy fans would agree.

See personally I can't see why people don't hate Dan Snyder more.... he's not only an idiot who does the same thing... but he's ruining a storied franchise!! Say what you want about JJ, and you will....you do think deep down he's really doing what is best for the Dallas Cowboys, you can NOT say the same for Snyder... or Al Davis... or the idiot in charge in Cleveland!

See personally I can't see why people don't hate Dan Snyder more.... he's not only an idiot who does the same thing... but he's ruining a storied franchise!! Say what you want about JJ, and you will....you do think deep down he's really doing what is best for the Dallas Cowboys, you can NOT say the same for Snyder... or Al Davis... or the idiot in charge in Cleveland!

Al Davis has forgotten more about football (i know... lol ) than jones will ever know.

Al Davis has forgotten more about football (i know... lol ) than jones will ever know.

And this explains his world-beating teams that have been on the field since the Tampa Bay beatdown in the Super Bowl

.... the problem is Al Davis forgot EVERYTHING about football :P

And this explains his world-beating teams that have been on the field since the Tampa Bay beatdown in the Super Bowl

.... the problem is Al Davis forgot EVERYTHING about football :P

Ya think?

edit: Raiders football can best be compared to the Blackhawks and what "dollar bill" Wirtz came to be as owner. It will take his death to bring the franchise back from the dead. Listen, i understand what is happening with the team, but my age and loyalty and gratitude for everything Davis did for Oakland and the American Football League helps me get through this part. I will forever be grateful for the history of Raider football that Davis brought and I also didn't mind the thumb in the eye he gave to pete rozelle. Without Davis the NFL would look vastly different then it does today. I look forward to better Raider football but right now I'll just sit back and reflect on our past greatness. That and laughing at romo.

Edited by Guest

I think most Football fans hate Snyder, but he is more in the background and not on a self promotional mode like Jones is on a daily basis. When you owner is the one doing the interviews and updating the press on injury reports...something is wrong.

Al Davis is a joke. If I were a Raider fan I would hire someone to put him in a "Home" and have him sign away his ownership under the influence of some of his geriatric pharma products.

I think most Football fans hate Snyder, but he is more in the background and not on a self promotional mode like Jones is on a daily basis. When you owner is the one doing the interviews and updating the press on injury reports...something is wrong.

Al Davis is a joke. If I were a Raider fan I would hire someone to put him in a "Home" and have him sign away his ownership under the influence of some of his geriatric pharma products.

And art modell is loved by everyone in cleveland... i wonder who they think is the real "joke"? So where you always a "baltimore" fan or did you root for the browns before they moved?

Edited by Guest

by large majority, and in all obviousness, any franchise that has had a drought of winning season or hit a bit of hardship that doesn't seem self correcting is going to have a fan base that wants answers and usually puts the blame squarely on management...it all just depends on who that management is...if a team, such as the Cowboys, have an owner who is prominent and in the spot light then he'll get the blame...On the other hand, take a look at the Rams and I'm sure you'd get fans that would blame players and coaches first simply because the higher ups don't seem to be in the forefront of decisions that are effecting the teams play...

That being said, Jerry will always be Jerry but Cowboys fans can always say that he, at the very very least, puts his money where his mouth is...and we even have some hope as his son, Stephen, seems to have his head on straight (after all apparently he was the motivating factor in giving T.O. the boot)...You take the good with the bad and any owner who is directly responsible for putting 3 Super Bowl trophies in the trophy case is ok by me.....sure he had his bumps mid 90's to mid 2000's but he, and his son, do seem to be doing some correcting so moving in a positive direction is always a good thing...

And art modell is loved by everyone in cleveland... i wonder who they think is the real "joke"? So where you always a "baltimore" fan or did you root for the browns before they moved?

Art Modell was shafted by the city Government who build new stadiums for the lesser sports in the market, while the Browns were this biggest thing in the city playing in a dilapidated stadium that was a health risk. Modell is not the villian in Cleveland.

I rooted for Baltimore after they drafted Ray Lewis. Until then I was a Rams fan till they moved to St. Louis.

Art Modell was shafted by the city Government who build new stadiums for the lesser sports in the market, while the Browns were this biggest thing in the city playing in a dilapidated stadium that was a health risk. Modell is not the villian in Cleveland.

I rooted for Baltimore after they drafted Ray Lewis. Until then I was a Rams fan till they moved to St. Louis.

Yeah I remember the hassle with the old stadium. Thats funny I used to be a rams fan also and stopped for the same exact reason! All because rosenbloom couldn't "swim".

Yeah I remember the hassle with the old stadium. Thats funny I used to be a rams fan also and stopped for the same exact reason! All because rosenbloom couldn't "swim".

That's great. There aren't so many LA RAMS fans left. I still have my Jackie Slater jersey!!!!

That's great. There aren't so many LA RAMS fans left. I still have my Jackie Slater jersey!!!!

The LA Rams were the first team I rooted for as a kid growing up in Cali and I hated "the Bitch" for gutting the team before she eventually moved it away. Even tho I still had the Raiders to root for since the AFL days, the Rams were my favorite. Deacon Jones to Jerome Bettis I watched em all and it was bitter sweet when the rams beat the titans for their first super bowl... now i don't give a rats ass about em, screw em. Here is hoping the Raiders move to LA when AD kicks the bucket, sooner than later I hope! So there you go crasher now you know why I hate the f'in cowboys so much.. it was those yearly battles that rams had against them... I still hate staubach to this day!!

Edited by Guest

The LA Rams were the first team I rooted for as a kid growing up in Cali and I hated "the Bitch" for gutting the team before she eventually moved it away. Even tho I still had the Raiders to root for since the AFL days, the Rams were my favorite. Deacon Jones to Jerome Bettis I watched em all and it was bitter sweet when the rams beat the titans for their first super bowl... now i don't give a rats ass about em, screw em. Here is hoping the Raiders move to LA when AD kicks the bucket, sooner than later I hope! So there you go crasher now you know why I hate the f'in cowboys so much.. it was those yearly battles that rams had against them... I still hate staubach to this day!!

Your killing me with nostalgia. My brother is a Steeler fan I still have pain from watching that Superbowl get away from us in the 4th Quarter against Bradshaw & Co.

I hope AD kicks soon and they DO move back to LA. It would be best for the league if both these things happened.

Your killing me with nostalgia. My brother is a Steeler fan I still have pain from watching that Superbowl get away from us in the 4th Quarter against Bradshaw & Co.

I hope AD kicks soon and they DO move back to LA. It would be best for the league if both these things happened.

Yup Ferragamo beat out Pat Haden for QB in the middle of the season then beat the cowboys and bucs in the playoffs only to get swamped by Bradshaw and Swann in SB 14! Preston Dennard, Billy Waddy and Ron Jessie couldn't outcatch Lynn Swann that day, dammit! Then "the bitch" took it all away! Hows that for nostalgia?

edit: btw did you see that Cullen Bryant just died the other day? Not a bad RB from Colorado.. RIP

Edited by Guest