OPENING DAY BAR CRAWL

DaneykoIsGod

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone care to list their opinions on each of the bars on the bar crawl route -- favorite to least favorite?

Sounds like one of those places was not Devils fan-friendly. Which one was that?

Hell's Kitchen and Arena Lounge are already pretty well-known, so I won't harp on what's already common knowledge.

MMM Bello's is just a cool bar. It's right outside Newark Penn, has a really good house ale (MMM Bello's Ale ... it has a strong hop flavor, reminds me a bit of Sam Adams) and a ridiculous bottled beer selection. I think Jamie might have snapped a few photos of the chalkboards covering one wall with every beer they have. The food there is good, but on Saturday I went to Rio Criz, The Lunch Place next door for lunch. Their chorizo sandwich was unspeakably good.

Sagres is the one that came off as not being Devils fan friendly. It's just a small sidewalk bar with a small kitchen. Definitely not used to (and not prepared for) the bum rush we gave them. Probably not a bad place to stop with a much smaller group looking for drinks and food, preferably on a nice day considering how wide open the place is to the sidewalk.

Stadium Bar needs to take down the two Rangers pics they have. Other than that, it's a total sports bar. Pool table, jukebox, tons of sports photos of everyone from Ken Daneyko to Jack Lambert. Nothing special on the menu or on tap, no fancy seating or lighting or whatever. The way a good sports bar should be.

From MMMBellos:

Their well stocked supply:

DSCN4555.jpg

And the board of Imports.

DSCN4558.jpg

Andrew kept naming beers that weren't on the the boards and they actually had them. That was probably a highlight besides Arena Lounge and Hell's Kitchen.

Hell's Kitchen and Arena Lounge are already pretty well-known, so I won't harp on what's already common knowledge.

MMM Bello's is just a cool bar. It's right outside Newark Penn, has a really good house ale (MMM Bello's Ale ... it has a strong hop flavor, reminds me a bit of Sam Adams) and a ridiculous bottled beer selection. I think Jamie might have snapped a few photos of the chalkboards covering one wall with every beer they have. The food there is good, but on Saturday I went to Rio Criz, The Lunch Place next door for lunch. Their chorizo sandwich was unspeakably good.

Sagres is the one that came off as not being Devils fan friendly. It's just a small sidewalk bar with a small kitchen. Definitely not used to (and not prepared for) the bum rush we gave them. Probably not a bad place to stop with a much smaller group looking for drinks and food, preferably on a nice day considering how wide open the place is to the sidewalk.

Stadium Bar needs to take down the two Rangers pics they have. Other than that, it's a total sports bar. Pool table, jukebox, tons of sports photos of everyone from Ken Daneyko to Jack Lambert. Nothing special on the menu or on tap, no fancy seating or lighting or whatever. The way a good sports bar should be.

FYI, the idiot walking around reading and screaming at his phone over the Michigan game, his name was Joe.

I really liked MMM Bello's, cool spot to hang out without the big crowd. Hells and Arena are what we all know they are as staple places to go.

Stadium Bar, seems like a cool spot, but as a Devils fan that can see the Prudential Center from their window, it's really dis-respectful to have 2 ranger pics with the Stanley Cup on their walls. Worst part is the 2 owners kept saying " don't hate " every time I pointed out that they need to come down. Don't hate? How do you say that to a Devils fan that you are advertising to come to their bar as a Devils Bar. Makes no sense and I'm not going back till they are down.

Had fun, see you all next time.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

When to the Spot before the game. Free buffet, now doing every game. I sadly went with two flyers fans as I am go to college in central Pa... (BETWEEN PENS AND PHILLI FANS... TERRIBLE). Anyway, bar owner gave us free t bone steaks and 2 free shots a piece. Really cool people there. Beers were only 3 dollars for Bud bottles. Not bad for a nice bar. Also.. the Devils Dancers go there before the games so I drank with them while they sipped on Shirley Temples. I will upload the pictures soon once I can figure out how to download them from my phone!!

Edited by TheRadHeedan

• 2 weeks later...

When to the Spot before the game. Free buffet, now doing every game. I sadly went with two flyers fans as I am go to college in central Pa... (BETWEEN PENS AND PHILLI FANS... TERRIBLE). Anyway, bar owner gave us free t bone steaks and 2 free shots a piece. Really cool people there. Beers were only 3 dollars for Bud bottles. Not bad for a nice bar. Also.. the Devils Dancers go there before the games so I drank with them while they sipped on Shirley Temples. I will upload the pictures soon once I can figure out how to download them from my phone!!

The guy who owns The Spot, Russell, is the man! Nicest bar proprietor I've come across. If you make yourself a semi-regular there, you'll pretty much get adopted into the family (his mother is usually in the kitchen). Great people.