KEEP THE FAITH

ghdi

Yankee fans hate this, but right now, I'm taking it to heart.

The Boston Red Sox trailed their long-time rivals, the New York Yankees, 3-0 in the 2004 American League Championship series, hitting rock bottom with a 19-8 loss in Game 3 at Fenway Park. Cue the comeback. David Ortiz hit a Game 4 walk-off homerun in extra innings, before knocking in the winning run – again in extra innings – in Game 5. The Red Sox tied the series and won Game 7 by a score of 10-3 at Yankee Stadium in New York. The Red Sox went on to the win the World Series – the franchise’s first since 1918 – with a 4-0 sweep of the St. Louis Cardinals.

Recent hockey version:

The 2010 Philadelphia Flyers not only trailed the Boston Bruins 3-0 in the Eastern Conference semifinal, but fell behind by the same score in the first period of Game 7. Danny Briere tied the game in the second period, and Simon Gagne’s third period power play goal stood as the winner, as the Flyers won the game and the series 4-3. The Flyers advanced to the Stanley Cup final, where they lost in six games to the Chicago Blackhawks.

Classic comebacks

Two words describe the 1942 Toronto Maple Leafs’ historical comeback: Impeccable timing. The Leafs fell behind the Detroit Red Wings 3-0 in the Stanley Cup final, but took the next four games to win the championship, becoming the first NHL team to win a series after losing the first three games. The 1975 New York Islanders became the second NHL team accomplish the feat, doing so against the Pittsburgh Penguins in the quarter-finals.

And of course, never forget, Philly. 2000. 3-1. This franchise has been there before.

Is it likely? No. Its unlikely. Is it possible? Of course. fvck being down on ourselves. My head is up until the Kings get the 4th win.

in all honesty, it probably wont happen. but all they have to do is play period by period. Marty is playing some of the best hockey of his career. Capitalize on your PP chances (Oates i'm looking at you). Petey D has what it takes to wake these boys up and we've seen it before. We won 4 straight against the FLYERS and 3 straight against the Rags. Win the next 12 periods. It's that simple.

I would be inclined to agree with you guys, but this team is physically and mentally drained. Unless they can do a lot of cocaine, meth and red bull in the next day they're done.

Gotta get some of that good Kovy sh!t. Ask Ryan Carter.

I would be inclined to agree with you guys, but this team is physically and mentally drained. Unless they can do a lot of cocaine, meth and red bull in the next day they're done.

How do you know? Are you there at the practices and in the locker room? Also can you stop making negative posts in positivity threads?

Well, they are in LA so there's no shortage of coke. :P

Besides being a die-hard Devils fan, I am a die-hard Yankees fan. When the Devils lost tonight, the first thought I had was, "Well, it would be nice to be on the right side of a 0-3 series comeback after experiencing the hell that was 2004." Even the way the Kings ran up the score in the 3rd reminded me of the Yankees in Game 3 of the 2004 ALCS. I remember feeling like the Yankees were invincible after that game - I learned the hard way I was wrong. The Kings aren't invincible. The Devils can do this. Take it one shift at a time, one period at a time, and one game at a time. This team has proven to us this year that we can never count them out, so why start now? Go Devils!

Sorry, I can't see it happening. Being a realist doesn't make you a bad fan, but I just can't see it happening.

This. The past is the past and just because it's been done before, doesn't mean it will happen now. NOTHING from the first 3 games have shown me that we deserve lord stanley.

Sorry, I can't see it happening. Being a realist doesn't make you a bad fan, but I just can't see it happening.

This. The past is the past and just because it's been done before, doesn't mean it will happen now. NOTHING from the first 3 games have shown me that we deserve lord stanley.

I just want them to win the next game. If they do that, we move to the Rock and then we'll see what happens. It's kinda hard to expect a miracle and I'd lie if I said I see us coming back in this one, but the pressure is sort of off now: anything good that happens to us in this series will be a pleasant surprise.

ok.. this doesn't happen often, but I had a dream last night that the Devils won the next game and turned the series around. The last time I had a dream like this was when the Eagles knocked out the Giants a few years ago in the playoffs and that came true..

Again, i'm no Nostradamus but usually when I have these kind of dreams...well, shiit happens :giggle:

At this point its hard to keep faith, the game plan was from the start "shoot high" man I havent seen anyone hit the net up high yet... everyone keeps thinking they can just squeeze one down low? seriously Quick all he does is live on those pads, South street is closed yet no one can raise the puck..

keep faith? how when they cant raise the puck

but hey LGD.. 1 game at a time

Devils in 7

From your keyboard to God's monitor. I just love how all of the Rags fans I know have come out from the caves they live in to talk trash today. It's amazing how dumb they are considering we eliminated those overachieving a-holes like 10 days ago. An epic comeback from this massive hole would be a fitting end to this season. I'm holding out hope that this team can do it, but the odds are almost 0%.