Rumor: Devils Ice Personnel Told to Have Ice Ready in 2 Weeks

msweet

That would be awesome if it turns out to be true. Watch its only cause disney on ice is coming through the area. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Also, what does FWIW stand for? Always wondered that

Disney on Ice just came through Prudential actually.

FWIW, is, in this instance, For What It's Worth, I believe.

Edited by Devils731

With the part of the season that's been amputated by these talks, what's currently listed as the Devils home opener is 12/8 against the Penguins. This strikes me as a "As of now, the plan is to be ready by December 8th, and until the league tells us otherwise, we'll be ready on December 8th."

Here's hoping I'm wrong and it's actually something more concrete.

That would be awesome if it turns out to be true. Watch its only cause disney on ice is coming through the area. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Also, what does FWIW stand for? Always wondered that

Ice is different for NHL skating than it is for figure skating, I think.

It's probably premature to know whether this is true or not true before tonight at the very least, unless the owners are going to bring something major to the meeting that will get the ball rolling, or they've been told the players will do the same.

DIG: They will redo the whole schedule when the season gets going.

Which makes sense, otherwise the schedule would be unbalanced and such.

Looking at '95, that lockout ended on January 11 and the season began on January 20. That makes me think that expecting the season to begin in two weeks when a resolution hasn't been reached yet is probably a little too optimistic. But who knows, maybe this is them getting the ball rolling behind the scenes so there won't be such a lag between resolution and puck-drop? :noclue:

For whatever it's worth, ran into Lou Lamoriello at EWR when coming back from St. Louis yesterday. Told him we were big fans and that we miss hockey. His response was, "We all do!"

Interpret that as you will.

You got more out of him than most Devils beat writers have gotten in years.