2013-14 Albany Devils and ECHL Thread

thefiestygoat

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is playing the same game, he opens up the ice quite a bit for his linemates. Albany being on the PK 11 times today he didn't get much icetime but when he did he made a lot of nice plays. He maybe ready mid season next season.

Is Larsson still looking dominant out there?

Albany lost to Hershey 4-3 (SO). Scoring for the Devils was Sislo (Timmins, McPherson), Sestito (Pelley), and Pelley (SH, McPherson). Tedenby had the lone shootout goal for the Devils. Wedgewood stopped 32 of 35 shots including 1 of 4 in the shootout. The Devils were outshot 35-28 and went 0/4 on the PP and 9/11 on the PK. Pelley was 2nd star. Albany dressed 7 D with Burlon being the healthy scratch. Here is the gamesheet.

Stats:
Scott Wedgewood: 16 GP 7-6-2, 2.73 GAA, .893 SV%
Mike Sislo: 30 GP 11-12-23, +9, 14 PIM, 15.71 SH%, 2.33 SH/GP
Scott Timmins: 26 GP 9-14-23, +9, 10 PIM, 15.78 SH%, 2.19 SH/GP
Corbin McPherson: 36 GP 0-7-7, +11, 29 PIM, 0.80 SH/GP

Pelley in for Zajac today, god he sucks.

I assume Zajac being out may have to do with the 3 in 3 all on the road? Maybe he was banged up a bit?

Wedgewood finally playing like a top prospect, amazing in this game. Hige 5 on 3 kill going on.

Wedgewood sucks...that is all.

What did/didn't you like about the way he played? Are his problems correctable with coaching or would you write him off?

McPherson is +11 and had 2 helpers last night.  Not saying he's next B. Orr but maybe he's a bit of a surprise?  I'm sure Caruso/Wedge will be looking a film this morning.

6'4, 210 lbs, Devils love their big D. Happy to see they've kept him around on an AHL deal after his college days. Haven't seen him play but I remember reading in the past that he was pretty athletic, a nice project type of a player.

AHL
Albany lost to Binghamton 5-2. Scoring for the Devils was Matteau (Demkov, Tedenby) and Timmins (Urbom, Boucher). Kinkaid stopped 35 of 40 shots and picked up a 10 minute misconduct penalty. K. Zajac was scratched due to his minor injury, Hrabarenka and Scarlett were healthy scratches on D. The Devils were outshot 40-29 and went 0/3 on the PP allowing a SHG and 4/5 on the PK. Here is the gamesheet.

Stats:
Stefan Matteau: 34 GP 7-9-16, +1, 46 PIM, 13.72 SH%, 1.5 SH/GP
Artem Demkov: 20 GP 6-5-11, +8, 4 PIM, 14.28 SH%, 2.1 SH/GP
Scott Timmins: 27 GP 10-15-25, +9, 10 PIM, 16.94 SH%, 2.18 SH/GP
Keith Kinkaid: 25 GP 16-8-1, 2.28 GAA, .914 SV%, 4 SO

ECHL
Elmira lost to Fort Wayne 4-3
Maxime Clermont: DNP (Injured)
Riley Boychuk: Assist, -1
Harry Young: -1, 7 PIM (Fighting, Removing Helmet)

Well his .889 sv% projects to about .855 at the NHL level, if NJ can limit the opposing team to 15 shots a game and get some goal support they maybe able to run with Anthony over Cory.

Marty had an .884 save% for Utica in '92-'93. 

Not saying that Wedge is going to be anything great (and Lout clearly knew it too, hence the trade for Schneider), just saying this is a really bad way of trying to project what a goalie's save% will be in the NHL.

Marty had an .884 save% for Utica in '92-'93. 

Not saying that Wedge is going to be anything great (and Lout clearly knew it too, hence the trade for Schneider), just saying this is a really bad way of trying to project what a goalie's save% will be in the NHL.

Find me one other example like this where a player's SV% jumped .030 going from the AHL to the NHL.  92-93 was a weird year.

Find me one other example like this where a player's SV% jumped .030 going from the AHL to the NHL.  92-93 was a weird year.

Where did I say or even imply anything about a goalie's NHL save% jumping .030 from his AHL save% being some kind of standard event?  I didn't, you just wanted to go into contrary mode.  I said Jason's thinking that he can subtract .034 from a goalie's AHL save% and just assume that will project to be his NHL save% is off-base.   

Where did I say or even imply anything about a goalie's NHL save% jumping .030 from his AHL save% being some kind of standard event?  I didn't, you just wanted to go into contrary mode.  I said Jason's thinking that he can subtract .034 from a goalie's AHL save% and just assume that will project to be his NHL save% is off-base.   

Since when did Anthony Brodeur play in the AHL, you should probably read my post first. I was projecting Anthony Brodeur's sv% in the NHL.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac

Since when did Anthony Brodeur play in the AHL, you should probably read my post first. I was projecting Anthony Brodeur's sv% in the NHL.

My fault, I was looking at the post above yours, and for some reason thought you were talking about Wedge, even though your post clearly says Anthony.  My mistake, sorry about that.

Geez, .855 in the NHL might be pretty generous for Anthony.  He'd probably have a tough time being a .890ish guy in the AHL.   

AHL
Albany lost to Adirondack 2-1 for their 3rd loss in a row. The lone Devils goal came from Sislo (PP, Larsson, Boucher). Wedgewood stopped 20 of 22 shots to earn 3rd star. The Devils outshot the Phantoms 28-22 and went 1/3 on the PP and 3/3 on the PK. Burlon and Scarlett were the 2 healthy D scratches. Here is the gamesheet.

ECHL
Elmira lost to Fort Wayne 4-0
Riley Boychuk: E, 2 PIM (Elbowing), 3 Shots
Harry Young: E, 10 PIM (Misconduct), 1 Shot Edited by thefiestygoat

AHL
Albany lost to Binghamton 6-3 for their 4th straight loss, this one coming against Maxime Clermont's ECHL G partner in Elmira. Scoring for the Devils was Hoeffel (Pelley, Larsson), Larsson (PP, Scarlett, Whitney), and Kelly (Sislo, Scarlett). Kinkaid started but was pulled after making no saves on 3 shots in 9:21. Wedgewood stopped 13 of 15 in 49:35. The Devils outshot the Senators 36-19 and went 1/5 on the PP and 2/3 on the PK. Larsson was 3rd star. Here is the gamesheet.

Stats:
Keith Kinkaid: 26 GP 16-8-1, 2.39 GAA, .910 SV%, 4 SO
Scott Wedgewood: 18 GP 7-8-2, 2.68 GAA, .893 SV%, 1 SO
Adam Larsson: 9 GP 1-6-7, +1, 6 PIM, 7.14 SH%, 1.55 SH/GP
Reece Scarlett: 37 GP 4-11-15, +9, 16 PIM, 8.51 SH%, 1.27 SH/GP
Mike Sislo: 33 GP 12-13-25, +8, 16 PIM, 15.18 SH%, 2.39 SH/GP

ECHL
Elmira defeated Fort Wayne 4-1
Riley Boychuk: E, 10 PIM (Misconduct)
Harry Young: Assist, +1, 2 PIM (Elbowing)