Brad Richards Skating for Sandy

Satans Hockey

Nice to see the players doing something good for the community. Lots of folks on Staten Island really got hit hard here.

http://www.silive.com/rangers/index.ssf/2012/11/brad_richards_rangers_set_to_skate_for_staten_island_after_superstorm_sandy.html#incart_river

Center Brad Richards has organized a benefit skate to help in the relief efforts on Staten Island after Superstorm Sandy. Richards, who signed with the Rangers last offseason, and led them to the No. 1 seed in the Eastern Conference last postseason, has partnered with a high school team to organize “Skating for Sandy.”

Defensemen Steve Eminger, Dan Girardi and Marc Staal will join forwards Carl Hagelin, Brian Boyle, Ryan Callahan, Marian Gaborik and Richards at the Staten Island Skating Pavilion.

Response from the Staten Island community has been good. The event will, in fact, feature two afternoon sessions, one at 3:30 and one at 4:40 p.m.

Where are our players? There's a charity game down in AC and rangers and flyers players are participating. Even the morristown game has none of our players. Just wondering where they are...
. I don't know, its a good question. I know Janssen is doing a charity game in St. Louis to raise money for Sandy victims. Coach DeBoer and his wife Sue deserve a lot of credit for the game at Mennen tonight. They made this happen. Thanks for helping out our community coach!

Right now it is mostly flyers players with a few rags players in there. No devils at any of these charity games outside janssen

Yup just re-read the quote lol.. Hopefully some Devils join up

@TGfireandice: Devils' players have been asked to participate in Operation Hat Trick charity game in Atlantic City. Who will play still to be determined.

Disappointed no devils arent in this. They are "Jerseys team". If i owned the Devils, I'd be asking or paying them to do charity work, handing out supplys, raising money etc, to make the team more likeable (that sound kinda evil, like taking advantage of the situation but it 'd be a win win for everyone.) In a lockout when your team cant fill a stadium, its a great oppurtunity to gain interest in hte team (still sounds evil but you see what i mean).

Disappointed no devils arent in this. They are "Jerseys team". If i owned the Devils, I'd be asking or paying them to do charity work, handing out supplys, raising money etc, to make the team more likeable (that sound kinda evil, like taking advantage of the situation but it 'd be a win win for everyone.) In a lockout when your team cant fill a stadium, its a great oppurtunity to gain interest in hte team (still sounds evil but you see what i mean).

Well since they are being locked out I'm pretty sure the teams can't make them do stuff like that, the players have to take it upon themselves, which hopefully some of our guys who aren't currently playing on a different team will do.

Edited by devilsfan26
  • Like 1

Not to start a debate, but this might be the function of Lou's vision for the Devils and it has never involved much community work and philanthropy. He has always had the team focused on hockey and nothing else. You don't see the Devils players doing much of anything during the season like a lot of other teams who make it a point of emphasis.

So not too shocked by this.

Not to start a debate, but this might be the function of Lou's vision for the Devils and it has never involved much community work and philanthropy. He has always had the team focused on hockey and nothing else. You don't see the Devils players doing much of anything during the season like a lot of other teams who make it a point of emphasis.

So not too shocked by this.

There's a lockout. It would be incumbent on a Devils player to do something like this on his own.

There's a lockout. It would be incumbent on a Devils player to do something like this on his own.

I get that. I am saying that if the Devils made this kind of stuff mandatory for the players during the years or looked to work with them for their charities, you might see them being more active now. Kind of like the parent who makes their kids give 10% of their allowance or birthday money to charity or help with other causes when they are younger, and that kid goes on to take part in all sorts of charitable causes in high school and university. It's about instilling values. Sometimes you forget how friggen young these players are when they become professional.

Where are our players? There's a charity game down in AC and rangers and flyers players are participating. Even the morristown game has none of our players. Just wondering where they are...

What players? Lol Kovy Elias Clarkson Volchenkov Zidlicky are overseas, Bernier is in Montreal, Zajac in Winnipeg, Janssen in St. Louis, half our team in in the AHL. Brodeur Hedberg Tallinder Greene and Harrold can play, hopefully some of these guys will make the trip to NJ and participate.

Edited by Zubie#8

Clarkson is no longer playing overseas and Elias isn't playing there either, Elias is probably in NJ. But most of the team is not in NJ - if I had to guess, the players in NJ are Brodeur, Hedberg, Elias, Greene, Carter, S. Gionta, Tallinder, Harrold, Fayne. Many of these guys came up in other organizations, Elias has done charity work before, and the other guys aren't exactly names. Plus they could be doing charity work without publicity.

Yup, cause Devils players NEVER visit area Hospitals every single year. Clarkies Kids doesn't exist, Clarkson isn't playing in the charity game. Janssen isn't playing/played in one either. Oh never mind Alstead Farms where Alumni do things every year...that doesn't happen either. Just because they aren't jumping at a charity event right this second doesn't mean our teams doesn't support or do things for Jersey. You do realize many were/still are suffering the same after effects all of the fans are.

Edited by Coorslight

I'm just going to the AC charity game because its for charity.. Hopefully more Devils can make it (the other Goalie spot is still available, Marty!!) but I'm sure they'd go if they could.. I'm sure Clarky has asked around

I would absolutely love to go if I could, working retail that is impossible with lovely holiday madness happening. Clarkson is the Devils NHLPA 1st rep so I'm sure he's in the ear of the players, so we'll see what happens. Regardless. It could be all Flyers and Rangers players...that should make 0 difference. This is a CHARITY event for NJ/NY/PA in the rebuild after Sandy. Let's let the bias BS go by the wayside. Seriously if anyone can and would be willing to attend if it was all Devils players, and they don't because it's Rangers/Flyers players mostly....get over yourselves and your self consumed priorities.