NFL Off Season 2015 - Coaches, Caps, and Combines OH MY!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wheels just keep on rolling.  Say goodbye to:

Marc Trestman & Phil Emery

Mike Smith

Living to coach another day:

Joe Philbin (though his DC better get canned)

Mike Pettine and Ray Farmer

Also, Jim Harbaugh is expected to announce his signing of the Michigan deal within the next 24-48 hours, which probably infuriates Raider Nation.

Edited by Hi, I'm VALUE!

Lots of openings for Rex if he decides not to take a year off.  Atlanta seems like it would be a perfect fit.  His new QB would clearly have a way of not coming through in big games (Matty Ice...what a joke), but he's light-years ahead of what he had to work with previously.   

Emery fully deserves his firing...anyone who would sign the second coming of Jeff George to a mega-contract needs to go.  Cutler will always be a loser...but to his credit, he'll be a wealthy loser.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Kind of surprised the Giants retained Coughlin after 3 straight disasters and at 69 years of age by the time next season starts. Other than Odell Beckham, that team needs a lot of work and I can't see them making much of a dent next year in a division that will be dominated by either philly or dallas, two franchises head and shoulders above NYG.

Rex has a ton of options, he can be a top flight DC somewhere or perhaps roll into the Atlanta job. It would be mighty tempting for him to actually have a QB and offense he can trust.

The Dolphins are a 7-9/8-8 team under Philbin and that will continue

The Bears need to make a full court press for Cowher. He would be perfect there. Open the vaults and just throw money at the guy. The perfect personality for that city and team. They need a dose of heavy jawed toughness

Pettine is another coward and loser, but he wasn't getting canned after year one. But you'll never win with that slimy clown

Edited by '7'

What is wrong with Pettine? Aside from the fact he jumped a sinking ship in NY?

For one thing cause he's a rat that constantly fed dirt to Manish Mehta, to the extent that Mike Francesa even outed him on the air and claimed it was an open secret that Pettine was Mehta's 'anonymous' source on multiple stories. 

And there's also this:

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2014/06/mike_pettine_suggests_patriots_got_jets_playbook_via_nick_saban_rex_ryan.html

If this is how someone treats their friends I wouldn't want to be on his bad side.

For one thing cause he's a rat that constantly fed dirt to Manish Mehta, to the extent that Mike Francesa even outed him on the air and claimed it was an open secret that Pettine was Mehta's 'anonymous' source on multiple stories. 

And there's also this:

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2014/06/mike_pettine_suggests_patriots_got_jets_playbook_via_nick_saban_rex_ryan.html

If this is how someone treats their friends I wouldn't want to be on his bad side.

Wait, so your blaming Pettine because Rex is a moron? 

NFL assistant Coaches leaking to the press anonymously is pretty common in the NFL (its having a writer that doesn't call attention to it that keeps them anonymous).   If you see things are going wrong and no one in management seems to be listening or paying attention I could see why you would try to force the issue from the outside.

Bottomline:  Rex kind of crashed and burned without any help.

Rumor has it that Kubiak and DeCosta are targets for the Bears' jobs of Coach and GM, respectively. Ravens staff about to get raided?

infinite-yes-daniel-bryan.gif

I believe it about Kubiak, but Eric DeCosta is the 'GM in waiting'. They pay him like a GM. He isn't going to be allowed to leave. But it would be great if he left and went to the NFC. fvck Baltimore. I can't stand them.

Wait, so your blaming Pettine because Rex is a moron? 

NFL assistant Coaches leaking to the press anonymously is pretty common in the NFL (its having a writer that doesn't call attention to it that keeps them anonymous).   If you see things are going wrong and no one in management seems to be listening or paying attention I could see why you would try to force the issue from the outside.

Bottomline:  Rex kind of crashed and burned without any help.

Rex was more "done in" than crashed and burn. Anybody could see that. He was handed the worst QB play in the league since he entered the league, and this year he wasn't even given any defensive personnel as the GM left us with the largest cap space in the league

Rex was more "done in" than crashed and burn. Anybody could see that. He was handed the worst QB play in the league since he entered the league, and this year he wasn't even given any defensive personnel as the GM left us with the largest cap space in the league

I agree to an extent, but Rex was just as done in as Sanchez was.    The thing is Rex is just as bad as his Dad in alienating or ignoring the offensive side of the ball.   He is not a head coach, he is more suited as a Defensive Coordinator.  As head coach you are responsible for the entire team, meaning he has to be more vociferous in getting the talent he needs from the GM.   Rex was far too passive in dealing with both Tannenbaum and Idzik (although Idzik seemed like an ass to work "with".).    I love John Harbaugh because he knows what he needs and works with Ozzie Newsome to get it done.

Rumor has it that Kubiak and DeCosta are targets for the Bears' jobs of Coach and GM, respectively.  Ravens staff about to get raided?  

infinite-yes-daniel-bryan.gif

Damn it people.  Stay away from our coaching staff.    I like what Kubiak has brought to the table in Baltimore.   If we bolster our OL a tad more and get that backup RB, we will be a contender again.

I agree to an extent, but Rex was just as done in as Sanchez was.    The thing is Rex is just as bad as his Dad in alienating or ignoring the offensive side of the ball.   He is not a head coach, he is more suited as a Defensive Coordinator.  As head coach you are responsible for the entire team, meaning he has to be more vociferous in getting the talent he needs from the GM.   Rex was far too passive in dealing with both Tannenbaum and Idzik (although Idzik seemed like an ass to work "with".).    I love John Harbaugh because he knows what he needs and works with Ozzie Newsome to get it done.

While none of us really know the inner workings of what went on, you're probably not wrong. I think he's great in motivating the whole team (the Jets never quit on him) however you're right in that he is too in the dark regarding what was going on on the other side of the ball. This is something he needs to learn going forward. I

Coaches do have a shelf life and a certain amount of time that players will buy into them....I do fully believe Rex's was up with the Jets....that's all, it was time to move on.....however if he goes to San Fran....that's gonna be a mess...that team needs discipline and an ass kicker....and Rex for all his talk and Harbaugh-like bravado ....he NEVER came down hard on his players, that's a scary mix in San Fran....

plus it would be hard for any head to say no to having Matt Ryan as your QB for your tenure.....

:lol: plunder them Ravens away NFL!!!

Where the hell are the Jets regarding Mike Shanahan? 62 years old, 2 Super Bowl titles and many playoff appearances. Even took the skins to the playoffs even though that situation eventually crumbled (not all on him, partially) The guy will build us an offense, and you know he will be super motivated after what happened in Washington.

No, we gotta be hot on Doug Marrone. Meanwhile Mike Holmgren is consulting for us...TRY TO HIRE FREAKIN HOLMGREN.

It's Casserly and Ron Wolf consulting for us, I don't remember hearing about Holmgren (except that teams have contacted him about HC vacancies) though Wolf and Holmgren are close for obvious reasons.

I'd be fine with either of those guys so long as they were only a coach and not the total czar...hell if you brought in Shanahan you could even justify trading for Cutler since they worked well together in Denver.

This from someone who appears to be a legitimate reporter. So maybe the Dolphins aren't as much of a mess in the front office as some other teams.

@ByTimGraham: Power jockeys in Bills front office spoke ill of Polian in Marrone's presence. Marrone told Polian on way out. Polian told Pegula yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk