OFFICIAL!! Devils Trade for Kovalchuk

brickwall30

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not happy we had to give up Bergie but C'est la vie! Oduya was a horrible contract!

Oduya really didn't look good this year. That contract got high praise in July, and now it looks ridiculous. Unless he picks his game back up, of course. Either way, I haven't been this excited to go to a regular season game since 552.

ahah that would be funny, yeah there probably will be other people doing the same maybe even some getting a brand new Kovy jersey. Ahh Rupp is and was one of my favorites mainly for fighting :P . I think I am only 1 out of 3 who have a Rupp jersey.

wow, a rupp jersey... well, he did score a cup winning goal.

I think you'll be seeing a lot more Sykora 17's getting converted tonight though.

LOL im just fvcking around with you guys.. :uni: I mean I am a die hard leaf fan but also a Huge Devils fan sine Marty has come into the league, at the time Potvin and Marty were my two favorites.. now its just Marty, since my leafs suck balls I always watch the Devils every game in the Playoffs.

I lurk here from time to time.. yesterday I found out the news late while at the gym.. I put up my hands and screamed "yeaahhhhh" across the whole gym.. it was funny.

I just wanted to come in here and see the excitement throught the forum and as expected this is a fun place atm.

anyways.. since my Leafs are out of the playoffs Its all Devils now so with two solid lines now this should make things very interesting in a long playoff run I hope.. take some pressure of Marty with some offensive players.

:gd:

I must admitt when i sit in a chat room and watch the devils id rather do it with Leafs fans because you guys are more fun oppose to Flyers,Rangers or Pens fans

Ilya...."I'll always live in Atlanta. My kids go to school there, we won't sell my house."

"It was emotional telling the players goodbye, they all were there, it was hard."

"I was a teenager coming to Atlanta, lots of good times."

"I wish the team well, I have already looked at the schedule to go back on April 6"

"I hope we play Atlanta in the first round of the playoffs."

"I was a Thrasher for 8 years, it was good, I thank them for everything."

Interesting interview on NHL on the Fly. Atlanta fans speculating that his agent (who's from NJ) has more to do with his move/situation than Kovalchuk himself does...

Ilya...."I'll always live in Atlanta. My kids go to school there, we won't sell my house."

"It was emotional telling the players goodbye, they all were there, it was hard."

"I was a teenager coming to Atlanta, lots of good times."

"I wish the team well, I have already looked at the schedule to go back on April 6"

"I hope we play Atlanta in the first round of the playoffs."

"I was a Thrasher for 8 years, it was good, I thank them for everything."

Interesting interview on NHL on the Fly. Atlanta fans speculating that his agent (who's from NJ) has more to do with his move/situation than Kovalchuk himself does...

Nice quotes from the guy. Very classy not to blast the place on your way out. But there's no way he rejects $70M over seven years or $101M over 12 if he wanted to stay a Thrasher.

What? How can anyone think that after he rejects a massive contract offer and says when coming to NJ "this is my first time playing with a world-class organization."

i think it's still a strong possibility. obviously the thrashers aren't a world-class organization, but they pay the bills. i doubt very much he will always live in atlanta if he does go elsewhere, whether it be russia or the NHL, but who knows.

Edited by Triumph

general consensus with Thrasher fans is that he'll return to Atlanta after the summer

That is what we call WISHFUL THINKING. No way he ever wants to play for Atlanta. If he did, he would not have REJECTED a 12 year/$101 million deal! He wanted outta there and to play for a contending team. The Thrashers will not be for many years/ever....

i think it's still a strong possibility. obviously the thrashers aren't a world-class organization, but they pay the bills. i doubt very much he will always live in atlanta if he does go elsewhere, whether it be russia or the NHL, but who knows.

he's not signing with the Thrashers, but if he does, I won't mind them giving the first round pick back at the draft.