Devils Re-Sign Clarkson

elias2600

OMG

:cheers:

I love that boy. :wub:

now STOP SHAVING YOUR LEGS NANCY! :evil:

Man I'm in some kind of mood today :giggle:

Don't get me wrong PK, you're a lock to win the Smilie award. But at this point you're just running up the score. :P

I have no problem with the $$ It's a vote of confidence with something to live up to. I think it's fair and what's required to keep forward momentum.

Well said. Great way to look at it.

Edited by ben00rs

IMO, this is a good contract. It comes with some higher expectations for him, but I think Clarkson (along with only a few others, Parise, etc.) represents the REAL future of the Devils. He's a player that plays with respect, determination, grit, and a little bit of skill (though it's sometimes hard to see it... :whistling: ). I'm glad to see him locked up nad I'd love to see him a Devil for a while.

I'm in the too much money camp. Clarkson's a good player, but not worth this kind of money. I was hoping 1.75 - 2.00, and I thought that would be a nice contract for him. I'll be interested to see if Clarkson plays with the same type of heart he did in the past after landing this contract. If he slips, even a notch, this board will be bitching about this contract next year.

I hate this deal. This is Lou falling in love with a guy who drinks the Kool-Aid. Forget that he loves the organization, wants to spend the rest of his career here and is a great human being. I just don't think he is that good. He has no hockey IQ. He has two moves that he constantly uses (toe drag and wrap-around). He does not use his teammates at all, which is the most frustrating part of his game. He hasn't really grown as a player either. He still takes dumb penalties.

I'm not trying to sound like a Clarkson hater, but he is certainly the most frustrating Devils player to watch on a nightly basis.

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/comments/clarkson_happy_to_re-sign_with_the_devils_for_three_years_8_million/

Comments from Clarkson on Fire and Ice

“I’ve very excited and happy about the way things went and looking forward to the season,” he said. “My agent and Mr. Lamoriello have been talking for a while.”
“I’ve enjoyed wearing the Devils’ jersey and to be able to come back for three more years is exciting,” he said. “Me and my girlfriend really like being there. It’s the place that gave me my first opportunity. I’m happy to go back for three years.”

Also says that his leg was not 100% after coming back from the injury, so that could explain his performance during the playoffs.

Edited by mmajeski06

i think it was pretty obviously that his leg was never 100%. hell, he massively rushed back the first time and screwed it up again -- not surprising that it was still giving him trouble the second time around.

Well for 2.66M his leg better be fvcking made of steel by the time October rolls around.

I hate this deal. This is Lou falling in love with a guy who drinks the Kool-Aid. Forget that he loves the organization, wants to spend the rest of his career here and is a great human being. I just don't think he is that good. He has no hockey IQ. He has two moves that he constantly uses (toe drag and wrap-around). He does not use his teammates at all, which is the most frustrating part of his game. He hasn't really grown as a player either. He still takes dumb penalties.

I'm not trying to sound like a Clarkson hater, but he is certainly the most frustrating Devils player to watch on a nightly basis.

Nah -- it's good you wrote this! It's a danger and I see your point. But... I disagree about the kool aid. It's not Lou's kool aid this guy drinks... It's hockey's. His wellspring comes from the game and -- you can't let go of a guy like that -- either 1) you do NOT want to have him succeed away from you 2) Even more with a guy like this - you don't want to see him fail away from you.

He has his faults - but they're pretty obvious, and easy to fix even if it is a little project work. Projects make it all worth it is the thing of it. Sure they fail sometimes but this is just a wonderful wonderful project of a player and you just can't let it go to waste. that's how I feel and I've never made a secret of it. Under paying - some assclown team like the Flyers will offer him -- something stupid -- and he's done, they kill him. and it's somethign you'd look back on and think what a shame - what a real shame for the spirit of hockey. You know? :noclue: You see that or you dont. Of course I think if you don't you're a goofus :evil: but you know -- you have your point and I just can't be that spartan when it comes to the game of hockey -- the game comes before the team even for me.

Edited by Pepperkorn

I'm glad we were able resign Clarkson. I felt he was a must sign.

Mike