Later Round Picks - Devils Draft

thelastonealive

4 23 114 NJD SETH HELGESON Oct 8, 1990 FARIBAULT, MN US 6' 5" 220 USHL SIOUX CITY D

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/1067..._seth_helgeson/

Wow, were certainly adding size. 6'3"-6'4"-and now 6'5" Maybe Lou is changing his philosophy and getting some beef ?

Seems like the Devils are looking to develop some young Defenseman and possibly move back to the style of play they had with #3 and #4.. Hey, it worked then so maybe it can work too especially if we also have our good goal scorers up front..

No goalie as of yet so I'm guessing the Devils are waiting to either draft a goalie with their first pick in the next 2 years OR trade for one who's already made it in the leage

Seems like the Devils are looking to develop some young Defenseman and possibly move back to the style of play they had with #3 and #4.. Hey, it worked then so maybe it can work too especially if we also have our good goal scorers up front..

No goalie as of yet so I'm guessing the Devils are waiting to either draft a goalie with their first pick in the next 2 years OR trade for one who's already made it in the leage

they've already got jeff frazee. drafting a goalie in the first round is often bad news - no one did it this year, iirc.

olivier roy seems to still be on the board - or am i wrong about this

also as a sidenote it looks like randy velischek's son was drafted - good for him.

Edited by Triumph

they've already got jeff frazee. drafting a goalie in the first round is often bad news - no one did it this year, iirc.

also as a sidenote it looks like randy velischek's son was drafted - good for him.

He's decent but I wouldn't consider him a lock for the future.. Just saying another option might be nice

Roy just went to the oilers at 133

http://ajhl.ca/news/2009/02/18/oilers-pres...o-north-dakota/

Derek is a quiet, sincere, dedicated team player, who has matured into one of the best power forwards in Canadian Junior ‘A’ hockey. His continued development will most assuredly see him playing at the highest level of hockey.
Edited by aylbert

color me unimpresed, stats-wise, but at least he's going to north dakota - sounds like a late bloomer.

Well... I dont find it shocking that a 5th rounder is a project.

Boom or bust power forward... I'll take a gamble in the 5th.

Edited by aylbert

You said it.. This kid has his own page on hockeyfights.com!!

http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/4430

He had 10 this past regular season and 29 the season before that!! Not even counting playoffs lol

Edited by Colin226

Sounds a little like Barry, eh?

If by that you mean Tallackson? Not really, Barry was highly touted at the start of his draft year, holding the #9 north american skater to start the year. Barry came out of the USNDP and had been looked at as an elite talent with big time consistency issues. His attitude caused whatever lack of success hes had, not the talent level.

If you are talking about the quiet reserved type personality, off ice sounds close, I just hope it doesnt carry onto the ice with him.