Parise: Money matters, but Cup chances are key to new deal

Rock

I didn't see where it says that Kovalchuk is overrated because of his contract? Can you show me where that is or were you speculating (giving an opinion)?

thats my opinion

it doen't even explain. literally 0 words

He is only overrated because he signed one of the most ridiculous contracts ever. this does not take away from his talent, because he is simply nasty on the ice. he is so fvcking talented its amazing he gets hated on as much as he does. the contract is crazy, we all know that. but dont talk about the guy like he is not brilliant because in doing so, THAT is the mistake

+1

If Kovy was making $4 million per season, he would be considered a godsend and extremely underrated. If you look at this list, it really should be called, "The craziest contracts in the NHL" because it is all about the money being paid to these players. Are they kidding? Igina, Kessler, Pronger (when healthy), and Ovechkin may have huge contracts, but they are not overrated and any team in the NHL would love to have those players in their lineup.

+1

If Kovy was making $4 million per season, he would be considered a godsend and extremely underrated. If you look at this list, it really should be called, "The craziest contracts in the NHL" because it is all about the money being paid to these players. Are they kidding? Igina, Kessler, Pronger (when healthy), and Ovechkin may have huge contracts, but they are not overrated and any team in the NHL would love to have those players in their lineup.

exactly, those are all great players. i might even be willing to say that im glad to have a player being discussed with those players

thats my opinion

Oh I know it has zero words, but that is what other players who play against Kovalchuk think: He is overrated. I don't think the salary has anything to do with it, but like your post, that is my opinion.

I believe he is overpaid and overrated (again an opinion), but apparently a vast number of NHL players who play against Kovalchuk think so too)

I cannot believe no one has mentioned #3 on the list. At least laugh at that!

i think it would be best as people being viewed as overpaid and therefor overrated....who knows. I think Kovy is an incredible athlete and I love having him on my team but don't know if he is worth what we gave him (my opinion not meant to be argumentative). On the other hand I think Elias is underrated because he seems like a complete player to me and is a guy you would want on the eyes no matter the situation.

That list should be titled 'Players NHL players are jealous of'

This.