Giroux

Marshall

:cheers:

Yeah in the video shanny basically takes his whole shift into consideration including him turning his back to the play to complain to the ref after fayne's legal hit. He then went after zubrus and "violently" chopped at his stick and then drive his shoulder up to make contact with his head.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=60&id=176718

I like how Shanny explains that they took the full context of the play into consideration, basically that Giroux was acting like a little baby for not getting a call he wanted, and took his frustration out of Zubies head.

I think his behavior during the whole shift cleared up any question about intent.

But I agree they need to end this tomorrow night. Keep the throttle down and move on to the next round.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/claude-giroux-philadelphias-leading-scorer-suspended-game-5-192731202--nhl.html;_ylt=ApBxxJ7Uq36H_6E0a49OB2l7vLYF

dont know how much of it is true. Giroux was heard to have said the team is panicking and lost confidence.......Time for the devils to finish this off

trying to get the devils to be overconfident. If Flyers win game 5 thats dangerous. It WILL give them some confidence and momentum, with a fired up Giroux = not good

Yeah in the video shanny basically takes his whole shift into consideration including him turning his back to the play to complain to the ref after fayne's legal hit.

He was complaining about Brodeur playing the puck outside of the trapezoid.

People need to stop comparing this to the Devils rallying around Kovy's absence in game 2. The Devils took a player who was ineffective due to injury out of the lineup and actually had a better team on the ice in game 2 than the version that was there in game 1. The Flyers are losing a top player and replacing him with a guy who wasn't previously playing.

I get what you're saying, but you can't discount the fact that the Flyers are looking for anything to latch onto right now. This may give them more incentive in Game 5 to simplify their game, play tight D, and counter our mistakes. Or they could fall apart completely and get blown out in Game 5. But it definitely gives them something to try and rally around with the mantra that, if they win on Tuesday in Philly, we get Giroux back in Game 6 and would be 1 road win away from returning for a Game 7 in their building.

Obviously, the suspension is a good thing for the Devils, but they need to show that killer instinct and keep pressuring the puck on the forecheck and clogging the passing lanes through the neutral zone. They can't take this team lightly just because they don't have Giroux (although according to ESPN a week ago, he's the best player in hockey right now).

The important thing is that DeBoer and the Devils are well aware of the threat of the Flyers rallying around a lost teammate:

https://twitter.com/#!/TGfireandice/status/199578705788538880

Pete DeBoer warned that if Giroux was suspended, "Teams in that situation in that situation have a tendency to rise to the occasion.”

I think the Devils will do their best to try and close out the series ASAP.

I get what you're saying, but you can't discount the fact that the Flyers are looking for anything to latch onto right now. This may give them more incentive in Game 5 to simplify their game, play tight D, and counter our mistakes. Or they could fall apart completely and get blown out in Game 5. But it definitely gives them something to try and rally around with the mantra that, if they win on Tuesday in Philly, we get Giroux back in Game 6 and would be 1 road win away from returning for a Game 7 in their building.

Obviously, the suspension is a good thing for the Devils, but they need to show that killer instinct and keep pressuring the puck on the forecheck and clogging the passing lanes through the neutral zone. They can't take this team lightly just because they don't have Giroux (although according to ESPN a week ago, he's the best player in hockey right now).

I definitely agree that Philly could take a step back and play better fundamental hockey because they are without their best player. I just don't think it's comparable to the Kovy situation.

I think its digusting that these internet tough guys threaten people and their families online. Its a sport. It is not life and death

To fans that haven't seen their team win a cup in 30+ years it is...so here's to hoping its another Flyers death :cheers:

Edited by hit the post

To me if the devils play the game the way they have for the last three games there is nothong philly can do about it. It seems by the post game interviews that the flyers really have no answer to what the devils are doing. Look completely lost. This devils is a confident group right now. I do not see a let down in game 5. Just keep doing what they are doing