Zidlicky close to re-signing?

sundstrom

I mean, your example of Johnny Boychuk is just bad - if the Devils had Johnny Boychuk, or a guy like him, you would complain all the time that he shoots like an idiot and no one respects his shot and it doesn't do anything.  I agree that it would be nice if the Devils had some better shooters, and Gelinas is certainly a guy unafraid to shoot the puck, but when you give examples that are that far off from reality, I have to take issue with what you're seeing.  

Appreciate your apology for your lashing out post before, and I'm sorry too.

See I agree with Triumph here - whenever there is talk of actually ANY acquisition defensive or offensive, the names that come up won't work here - it's apples to apples - at best a new set of disabilities to hate on.

It's not you Sterio - it's pandemic and eternal.  I think people just want a different song, thinking it equals a better one.

See I agree with Triumph here - whenever there is talk of actually ANY acquisition defensive or offensive, the names that come up won't work here - it's apples to apples - at best a new set of disabilities to hate on.

It's not you Sterio - it's pandemic and eternal.  I think people just want a different song, thinking it equals a better one.

there was never any talk of "acquisition" in what i brought up... for the 3rd time... i said Zid was our only guy who had a dangerous shot (explaining why we should keep him at least another year). And i named a few examples of teams with guys with canons. Even if i would of messed up and named the worst dman in the league. Does it change anything to my initial point that we need Zid cause he's the only one bringing that dimension to our team. nop.

there was never any talk of "acquisition" in what i brought up... for the 3rd time... i said Zid was our only guy who had a dangerous shot (explaining why we should keep him at least another year). And i named a few examples of teams with guys with canons. Even if i would of messed up and named the worst dman in the league. Does it change anything to my initial point that we need Zid cause he's the only one bringing that dimension to our team. nop.

I'm with you on this one, for the simple fact that Zidlicky seems more inclined to take shots than some of our forwards sometimes. If not him, then who is Lou gonna sign? I guess that's the real question. I think we have a lot more to lose by letting Zidlicky go than we do with the other guys like Volchenkov, Salvador, and Tallinder. Zidlicky's the unlucky one of the group whose contract is up though, otherwise I'd think his job was the safest of the 4.

I think a major problem with the offense is from the back end. The D needs the green light to make some runs, especially Adam and Andy. The biggest problem with Zids is that he takes too many penalties, usually at the worst of times.

Edited by hystyk28

Chara's shot is really overrated, who cares how hard your shot is when you have absolutely no accuracy.

Shot blocking has become very important in this league. Very few are anxious to get in the way of

his shot. Yes, skidmarks on their shorts. Ask our Capt.

How many point shots, pp or even strength, are actually shots?? I'll bet 90% are out there ment to be

tipped.

Very few in this league shot blows it by any goaltender from the blue line.