Streit to isles

CMONPETEYD

Streit leeched off of Montreal's amazing powerplay. Considering that Streit brings very little other than his PP prowess, he better hope that the Islanders surround him with some better players (Huselius, etc.) so he can be effective.

Edited by Voros19

What slump?

He was a minus player on a very good Habs team. While he was solid offensively, he was a defensive liability. Plus, half of his points were scored on the PP, and the Isles won't have as good of a PP as the Habs did last year.

He was a minus player on a very good Habs team. While he was solid offensively, he was a defensive liability. Plus, half of his points were scored on the PP, and the Isles won't have as good of a PP as the Habs did last year.

Yeah, I pretty much said that with my previous post.

However he just came off a career year. Hardly a "slump".

Then what would going to the Isles have to do with his defensive play? You're not making sense. Streit was never a good defensive player.

But the Habs got better and his +/- remained bad. That shows that his defense was not improving at all. Perhaps slump was not the correct word, but playing for the Isles won't help his defensive game. And when he doesn't rack up as many points b/c he'll be without the Habs' PP, people will be less willing to overlook his poor defense.

You're all forgetting that he came up and played LW for a few games. I didn't follow the habs much, but from reading some of their boards, lots of people claimed he was poor defensemen.

I wonder how many of those points came from him playing LW.

Very few. Most came from the point on the PP.