Scott Stevens

Beetlebum

Mehh-- there just wouldn't have been any shots off the face off and like someone said in another thread - that weird stuff we aren't used to. Event hen I think White could have taken care of that stuff had he been there - taken the tentative garbage out of our D.

And he'd have been in some vets heads some -- in a fun way. I think he'd have had some fun in this series because he's over it, and they're over it, you know? He could have messed with them and it would have worked :giggle: These vets think they deserve something -- I dont think our guys realize their thinking, they dont see that even as an issue - and I think it would help if it was squelched jovially -- that they are tasting a bit of success -- a glimmer of hope - Stevens would have known how to laugh at them and put 'em in their place :lol: But this is stuff that must be effortless - no point in anyone doing that on this team.

:unsure: am I saying Stevens would have brought some much needed ... LEVITY?????

:o I am! :huh:

Well I wouldn't go THAT far :lol:

I wonder... see the Devils had a clear idea with the Rangers - the group mindset clicked.. They dont know a tack to take on this team. Maybe they're thinking who do you shut down? and get cowed by the talent on the team -- they're giving the Canes permission to win. That just can't happen.

Basically they can't take the "we'll outwork you" approach here -- they dont beleive they CAN outwork Carolina...

They can't take the "You're a nonfactor" approach because they can't focus on one key guy here - like a Jagr. Not that the Rangers weren't deep -- it's just with a Jagr you can mess with the other guys easier - young guys who dont know they're a HUGE factor - who will roll over if they think their go-to-guy is gone. With the Canes if you try that you'll scare yourself thinking but then there's this guy - that guy - and all the grinders...middle.gif we're screwed guys :unsure: which is TOTAL crap -- but I think that's what's going on here partially.

The Devils are scared -- they're all thinking "they want it more" -- they're putting themselves in the Canes skates...

Who gives a F*** about the Canes? This isn't about The Canes... :argh:

Everyone on the board is doing the same thing. and it's a loser attitude <_<

:rant: but knowing that helps nothing... WHAT HELPS?

Scott -- can you just post here quick and say what helps because you can say it out loud and ... it'll scare the Canes :uni: because they'll beleive it too... it takes one win and someone to drop the mental bomb on them: You're SOLVED f*ckers! and they'll cave... but you gotta believe!

BELIEVE!!!

of course you also kind of have to know what it is - what the click factor is here and I can't see it... and I can't see anyone to communicate it -- but it's there.

Edited by Pepperkorn

if white is healthy for the rest of the series we will win it.

:blink:

Thats a bold statement, especially since its White you are talking about and we are down two games.

The O has to get started as well. The O has done nothing this series. That part of the game has to step up and take some of the pressure off the D. The Devils rely on other teams to make mistakes for their offensive chances, and Carolina doesn't make many.

Oh and bye the way -- it's not Stevens place to come in and talk to these guys. He's got to SIT ON HIS ASS like any regular fan now. He's got to tough it out and let these guys flush themselves down the sh!tter... I just thought I better put that FACT out there :evil:

(insert The Simpson's Nelson's "HAHA" here please)

Edited by Pepperkorn

Oh and bye the way -- it's not Stevens place to come in and talk to these guys. He's got to SIT ON HIS ASS like any regular fan now. He's got to tough it out and let these guys flush themselves down the sh!tter... I just thought I better put that FACT out there :evil:

he has in the past already this year.

OMG - REALLY?!?!?!?!?!

<_<

in regular season...sure, and completely appropriate.

Playoffs...? Unless he has something significant to impart, no one wants to hear it. It's like your mom asking you to do your homework... no sh*t -- but it's not happening is it?

I don't see him having anything productive to add at this point. Bodyslamming only works... **gasp** ahhh geez - bodyslamming and Scott Stevens mmmm... I can't even write it without my mind wandering to places it shouldn't...tender.gif ... err anyhow -- Stevens woul dmore than likely only irritate at this juncture.

-- I sound like an a$$hole -- sorry :saddevil: . I guess what I mean is; what Stevens has to offer in a playoff run, can't be taught. Too easy for guys to say "easy for you to say" What do you think he could do or say? I'd love to hear it, sincerely.

Edited by Pepperkorn

Didn't we think it was kind of lame when Messier went and talked to the Rangers in Round 1?

I think they need to find their own way. It's their team now. If they are capable they are capable, if they aren't, they aren't but that's what we are about to find out. They have to do it themselves.

Now, if he wants to tell Gionta he's too small to be useful in the playoffs, well, that might be OK. Someone has to do it. :evil:

i didn't think it was lame. a player with a connection to the franchise like harry carson and lt with the giants, messier with the rangers, and stevens and dano should comeback and speak to the team when they need them. especially since they were big parts of most of these guys careers when they were just kids.

Who gives a F*** about the Canes? This isn't about The Canes... :argh:

Everyone on the board is doing the same thing. and it's a loser attitude <_<

:rant: but knowing that helps nothing... WHAT HELPS?

Scott -- can you just post here quick and say what helps because you can say it out loud and ... it'll scare the Canes :uni: because they'll beleive it too... it takes one win and someone to drop the mental bomb on them: You're SOLVED f*ckers! and they'll cave... but you gotta believe!

BELIEVE!!!

There it is....in a nutshell....YOU GOTTA BELIEVE!

Ehh, not so much, huh?

Because he did it I'm supposed to change my mind?

No, I don't. It's not his place. It only stands to benefit me, his showing up -- Devils may have won because of it, I certainly get my Stevens fixes I so crave ... but it's not his place.

It was his place when he was on the team (and hid out like a jerk-off) -- to me it isn't now. They have to pull this stuff from themselves. Here is where the Devils and I have different view on things.

Fortunately, the Devils know better than you. All great organizations get the alumni involved: look at the Yankees. Guidry, Mattingly, Nettles, Sojo, Girardi, Reggie Jackson have all come back, and worked in some capacity, for them. Pretty successful sports franchise.

In essence, until Lou names a successor, Stevens is still The Captain of this team, whether he's on it or not. If they brought in Kirk Muller, who played for the Devils when some of these players were in diapers, I would have a problem with that. But they all know The Captain, and most played with him. It certainly is his place, and if HE thought it wasn't, he'd stay away.

Who hid out like a jerk-off? I don't understand that comment.

Because he did it I'm supposed to change my mind?

No, I don't. It's not his place. It only stands to benefit me, his showing up -- Devils may have won because of it, I certainly get my Stevens fixes I so crave ... but it's not his place.

It was his place when he was on the team (and hid out like a jerk-off) -- to me it isn't now. They have to pull this stuff from themselves. Here is where the Devils and I have different view on things.

Edited by speedsk8r27

When he went into hiding while suffering pc syndrome. Don't you think the team could have used a word or two from him during the last playoff run?

:blahblah: Devils know better than me ... :rolleyes: Stopping by and saying a few words is fine - shyt knows someone HAD to since no one on the bench could see the forest for the trees. But come off it... the Captain should play for the team... don't be as d*psh!t. I love Stevens more than anyone but I still dont agree with you. <_<

Why the personal insults? You were dead wrong, and the players, including Gomez, said that the talk inspired them. Typical puckbunny -- no insight into the intricacies of the game, or sports psychology in general. :lol:

When he went into hiding while suffering pc syndrome. Don't you think the team could have used a word or two from him during the last playoff run?

:blahblah: Devils know better than me ... :rolleyes: Stopping by and saying a few words is fine - shyt knows someone HAD to since no one on the bench could see the forest for the trees. But come off it... the Captain should play for the team... don't be as d*psh!t. I love Stevens more than anyone but I still dont agree with you. <_<