1105 replies to this topic

#181 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,801 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:10 AM

Yikes, that celebration is a little...excessive.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#182 Default

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:32 AM

The guy is, what, 18?
I'd be doing worse, Kenny Powers stuff, give him a break.

#183 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,893 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:43 AM

The Sharks' announcers in the SJ-Phoenix game alluded to a drinking game where you drink whenever they refer to the Coyotes as the 'desert dogs'. They've called them the desert dogs at least 7 or 8 times since I started watching. Pretty funny.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#184 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:49 PM

Yikes, that celebration is a little...excessive.

And thats why its awesome.

#185 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,352 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:00 PM

I woulda done the Superman on ice at age 18 at the NHL level, with a goal at 4 seconds to go...

#186 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,144 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:09 PM

That sort of reminded me of this:

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#187 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,678 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

Meszaros is out for a month for the flyers... im a bit worried t hough... i wouldnt want them to get REALLY BAD and land jones, mackinnon or drouin...

www.SterioDesign.com

#188 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,316 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

Crazy bad luck so far. Shea Weber curse lives on.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#189 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

Gomez + Oleg Tverdovsky. Here's actually an old article from the Post about it: http://www.njdevs.co...?showtopic=3331

I remember being disappointed that year when the Devils biggest acquistion was Marshall....worked out pretty damn well though!

Wow, what a blast from the past! Crazy to think of all the big moves Lou tried to make right before they ended up winning the Cup.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#190 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,893 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:25 PM

Wow, what a blast from the past! Crazy to think of all the big moves Lou tried to make right before they ended up winning the Cup.

. Reading that thread was fun- blast from the past is right! I was actually at that Devils-Atlanta game and remember the buzz about Gomez being a healthy scratch. There was a big feeling of disappointment in the building that night after we found out no deal got done for a scorer. Then they lost to the Thrashers, compounding the disappointment. I remember thinking 'this team just won't be able to score enough in the playoffs' and being very annoyed that our biggest acquisition was Grant Marshall. Boy, how happy was I to be wrong lol.

Edited by MadDog2020, 25 January 2013 - 06:29 PM.

#191 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,678 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

i hope carolina doesnt go to OT too, extra points could be important this shorts season

Edited by SterioDesign, 25 January 2013 - 07:13 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#192 JSR

JSR

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:28 PM

Thank you Winnipeg and Boston, Devils in sole possession of first place in the Atlantic!

#193 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:06 PM

Who would have thought the Isles might be our biggest competitors?

Posted ImagePosted Image

Chocolate + Devil = My life

#194 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,937 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:20 PM

. Reading that thread was fun- blast from the past is right! I was actually at that Devils-Atlanta game and remember the buzz about Gomez being a healthy scratch. There was a big feeling of disappointment in the building that night after we found out no deal got done for a scorer. Then they lost to the Thrashers, compounding the disappointment. I remember thinking 'this team just won't be able to score enough in the playoffs' and being very annoyed that our biggest acquisition was Grant Marshall. Boy, how happy was I to be wrong lol.

If you want real lolz go to the Hall of Fame folder and read the Trade Deadline thread and the NJ/Atlanta game thread from that night. Classic woe-is-meism at its finest.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#195 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,893 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:25 PM

If you want real lolz go to the Hall of Fame folder and read the Trade Deadline thread and the NJ/Atlanta game thread from that night. Classic woe-is-meism at its finest.

Yeah I'll have to go take a look at that, I'm sure it's gold looking back on it. Had I been a member of the board back then, I probably would've been contributing to the woe-is-meism, I was really pissed that night lol.

#196 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,937 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:28 PM

Yeah I'll have to go take a look at that, I'm sure it's gold looking back on it. Had I been a member of the board back then, I probably would've been contributing to the woe-is-meism, I was really pissed that night lol.

I had an odd amount of faith in that team, maybe it was all the tough wins they were getting, or the fact they didn't lose more than two games in a row for a long time. Not that I thought they would win it all but I didn't think they'd go in the playoffs to die a quick death.

I looked in the HOF folder, the trade deadline thread isn't there (I could have sworn it was there, but I suppose it still exists somewhere 'here'), but the Atl-NJ game thread is, on the second page. There's more than enough stuff there anyway.

http://www.njdevs.co...?showtopic=3311

Edited by NJDevs4978, 25 January 2013 - 11:30 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#197 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,893 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:40 PM

I had an odd amount of faith in that team, maybe it was all the tough wins they were getting, or the fact they didn't lose more than two games in a row for a long time. Not that I thought they would win it all but I didn't think they'd go in the playoffs to die a quick death.

I looked in the HOF folder, the trade deadline thread isn't there (I could have sworn it was there, but I suppose it still exists somewhere 'here'), but the Atl-NJ game thread is, on the second page. There's more than enough stuff there anyway.

http://www.njdevs.co...?showtopic=3311

. As good as they were in the regular season that year, I worried that the 03 team didn't have enough firepower up front to match up with Ottawa- and I REALLY wanted a Cup that year because we all knew the window with Stevens, Dano, and Nieds was getting smaller and smaller, and I thought that team would probably be our best shot at getting one more. I thought a Selanne or a Palffy would get us in position to run with the Sens better- and that was my main concern because everyone KNEW that year the East went through Ottawa. They were a VERY talented team in 03, ran away with the Presidents Trophy. Not to mention the Devils' power play was dead last in the league that year. That scared me headed into the playoffs too. So when we didn't land anyone at the deadline, I thought Lou dropped the ball. I've never been happier to have been wrong about anything in my life lol.

#198 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,316 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:02 AM

Parise's 2nd goal tonight is a classic Parise goal.

Poni zero points 3 shots in 4 games...Lou do it up. :giggle:

Edited by Zubie#8, 26 January 2013 - 01:06 AM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#199 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,893 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:14 AM

Haha here's a classic post from that Devils-Atlanta game thread: "Just watch, the Devils win the cup. While were all at the arena getting totally wasted celebrating, Lou puts up his old wrinkly middle finger so high to see. ESPN, Laffs, Flyers, Rags, and all other doubters see the big F-YOU from our buddy Lou. I still trust him, he must know something that we don't, or is that he didn't want to disturb the chemestry?"

Turned out to be incredibly prophetic lol.

#200 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:37 AM

Parise's 2nd goal tonight is a classic Parise goal.

Poni zero points 3 shots in 4 games...Lou do it up. :giggle:

Who needs Parise when we have Josefson?
6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users