Anyone Going to Devils/Isles on Saturday

Daniel

I can't justify making that miserable drive for the first game back from all this lockout nonsense. I'm very curious to see what attendence is like though.

If it makes a difference, you can take a train then bus to get there. That's what I plan doing if I decide to go.

I'm talking with a friend who's an Islanders fan about going and getting handicap seats because I'm on crutches atm. I wanted to see Parise return to the Rock bc that game was the day before my procedure, but still living on the Island I hate to waste a Devils Islanders matchup while they're still playing at the Colliseum, especially to open the season. So if the handicap seats aren't really expensive i'll be going

Wait tilt they see devils fans really invade their rink after they move to barclays

probably about the same. weekend games in nassau mean about 25% of the crowd is pulling for the devils. i don't think we're capable of bringing much more than that.

Edited by pattyelias

FYI if you're going to the game -

There is going to be a large Devils fan tailgate in the NVMC parking lot before the game, in between the arena and Marriot (looks like 2 parallel lines in the image below). I did this last year and it was an absolute blast. Bring some brews and chill with some fans

9upuhaty.jpg

Photo from last year: e4ysuzug.jpg

There is going to be a large Devils fan tailgate in the NVMC parking lot before the game, in between the arena and Marriot (looks like 2 parallel lines in the image below). I did this last year and it was an absolute blast. Bring some brews and chill with some fans

9upuhaty.jpg

Photo from last year: e4ysuzug.jpg

Is there going to be any transportation provided? The mass transit options to the Colliseum are a mess.

AWESOME. See you there... Can't believe I missed this last year. I didn't exactly "miss it", I just didn't know where it was. I was at the arena 3 hours before the game with some random Devils fans I met on the train. We just kinda hit up the liquor store across the street, and drank amongst ourselves. Had no idea all the Devils were directly on the other side of us... Dammit.

I can't justify making that miserable drive for the first game back from all this lockout nonsense. I'm very curious to see what attendence is like though.

I'd rather have my first game seeing live action be at the Rock too, it would feel a little weird for me if it was on the road.

Is there going to be any transportation provided? The mass transit options to the Colliseum are a mess.

Not for this game, unfortunately.. The group tailgate is basically a fan-run thing (and BYO, though I'm sure some fellow fans would share a beer).. We only had transportation there last year because it was a team-run trip

If you're going to the game then definitely check it out

Ill be there - ill keep an eye out for the Devils fan tailgate spot in the parking lot too.

I'll be in Section 334. Wheres everyone sitting?

Last Isles/Devils game I was at was last March. There was a BeerFest in the basement of the Coliseum before the game that day that my girlfriend and I attended - that was a good time. Devils won in the last minute of the game as I recall. Isles fans were so mad. It was great.