GDT: Tampa Bay @ New Jersey - 03/29/2012

NJCroMag

I want to see caps miss playoffs. Wonder how many bandwagon fans will be gone then ;)

Worth it to see thombas get mad like a baby

Devils won for all the sick kids in newark tonight, and wow the Peds ER was packed!

Edited by Dead

Well I guess tonight is proof that the Devils are much better with Boulton and Janssen in the lineup. :rolleyes:

You know, just looking at the Caps' roster, it's pretty remarkable that they aren't a definite playoff team. I guess Backstrom and Green are huge parts of their success (although Green may not be the same player he once was), but their D is incredibly strong and they've got some young forwards that can really contribute. There's actually a pretty nice mix of veterans with the young guys too. And plus there's Vokoun (who probably should be having a slightly better year). But I'd have picked them to be one of the top teams in the East in the beginning of the year. In any case, I'm rooting for them to miss the playoffs in hopes of a tiny chance that Wideman may sign with NJ this offseason. I know it's wishful thinking and goaltending is probably the biggest thing to worry about this offseason, but we can dream.

This may be the most amazing part of the game: 68% on faceoffs for the team. Zajac was amazing (.778), but Elias, Henrique, and Josefson were either at or above 0.700 as well. Pretty impressive. Nearly everyone on the team played a good game tonight, which is good to see. You've got to be realistic though and note that Tampa is not playing for very much anymore. Who cares, it's a confidence booster nonetheless.

This is the Tampa Bay Lightning folks, let's not get too proud of ourselves.

The Devils really can't win around here some nights.

They beat a team they're supposed to, and take advantage of said team's weaknesses, and it's "Well, it's only the Lightning."

If they had lost, then it's "The Devils can't afford to lose a game like this, they have to beat the teams lower that them in the standings, blah blah blah"

Anyway, I was hoping for 20 points in a tough month, and the Devils reached that number with a game to spare. There's reasons for concern, but that all depends on how far one thinks this team is capable of going come playoff time. If they beat Florida, I'll really feel like they're playing with house money from the second round on.

This is the Tampa Bay Lightning folks, let's not get too proud of ourselves.

yeah but these were games we weren't consistently winning. We have been letting should-win games turn into an a$$-whooping. We also have a tendency to let teams hang around when we have a lead, rather than getting that 2 or 3 goal cushion..

They beat a team they're supposed to, and take advantage of said team's weaknesses, and it's "Well, it's only the Lightning."

If they had lost, then it's "The Devils can't afford to lose a game like this, they have to beat the teams lower that them in the standings, blah blah blah"

Anyway, I was hoping for 20 points in a tough month, and the Devils reached that number with a game to spare. There's reasons for concern, but that all depends on how far one thinks this team is capable of going come playoff time. If they beat Florida, I'll really feel like they're playing with house money from the second round on.

I'm not sure what to make of last night, really. I can't remember the last time they were so god-awful and so brilliant in the same game for such prolonged stretches. The first thirty minutes they looked like the Columbus Blue Jackets, even when they started scoring they weren't playing that well until the Zidlicky goal. At that point it looked like the switch turned and all of a sudden they morphed into the '80's Russians :P

Hopefully the second half of the game got them out of the scoring funk. Marty wasn't great last night, but it's about time the team bailed him out after all the times he's bailed their butts out, especially lately.

Has a goalie ever been yanked TWICE before LOL!! Devils O played well and our lines dominated. but roloson did give up a few softies and we also gave up 4 goals on 20 shots and a bunch of our guys had negative nights

henrique played well again 2 pts and a +3, JJ looked like a sniper last night. nice to see poni and zub get rewarded for their hard work. kovy one goal on one shot! parise 0 goals on 7 shots, weird

I'm not sure what to make of last night, really. I can't remember the last time they were so god-awful and so brilliant in the same game for such prolonged stretches. The first thirty minutes they looked like the Columbus Blue Jackets, even when they started scoring they weren't playing that well until the Zidlicky goal. At that point it looked like the switch turned and all of a sudden they morphed into the '80's Russians :P

Hopefully the second half of the game got them out of the scoring funk. Marty wasn't great last night, but it's about time the team bailed him out after all the times he's bailed their butts out, especially lately.

Strange game for sure...for a game with 10 goals scored, the energy was kind of "blah" (in the first half of the game mostly).

But even if Tampa clearly has issues on defense and in goal, just hitting the back of the net for these guys is a good good thing...maybe they breathe a little easier now.

And yeah, after the Chicago game, Marty deserved some help...nice to see that he got it.

Has a goalie ever been yanked TWICE before LOL!! Devils O played well and our lines dominated. but roloson did give up a few softies and we also gave up 4 goals on 20 shots and a bunch of our guys had negative nights

henrique played well again 2 pts and a +3, JJ looked like a sniper last night. nice to see poni and zub get rewarded for their hard work. kovy one goal on one shot! parise 0 goals on 7 shots, weird

Yeah what was that all about, re: Roloson and Caron after it was 4-3? I didn't hear anything about what happened there.

Yeah what was that all about, re: Roloson and Caron after it was 4-3? I didn't hear anything about what happened there.

I thought it was just Boucher being a wanker and trying to get a timeout without using one by pulling the goalie twice...but apparently it was Roloson trying to pull himself and Boucher getting mad at that and yelling him back into the net :lol: