Nhl Awards

brylin18

Well, I think our minds may have been washed by the playoffs... Last time I checked, their were debates about Brodeur vs Belfour... and Turco being a monkey wrench (since he got injured)...

Im hoping Brodeur...

Im not sure if he's getting it... HE DESERVES IT, but I dont like how the media all of a sudden gave him the unoffcial Vezina... yet when press mattered, they dilluted his image...

Madden wont win the Selke, although he's the best canidate... they will go for points...

If you dont win the Vezina, you aren't winning the Hart...

So I have a bad feeling about this...

What I think the results will be:

Hart: Forsberg

Norris: Lidstorm

Vezina: Belfour <---WHAT A CROCK

Calder: Zetterberg

Selke: Lehiten

Byng: Lidstorm

Pearson: Naslund

Masterton: Rucchin

Adams: Jacques Lemaire

How I would vote:

Hart: Brodeur

Norris: Lidstorm

Vezina: Brodeur

Calder: Jackman

Selke: Madden

Byng: Lidstorm

Pearson: Naslund

Masterton: Rucchin

Adams: Jacques Lemaire

it's the only thing Melrose says that i actually agree with, there is no earthly reason Stevens should not have won a norris by now. God I was so upset in 2001. And then that pic with him putting his sweater over the little crappy Avs fan kid...that was just ... ohhhh gawd! :evilcry: I'm so happy this June!

Call me a pessemist, but this is how I see the awards falling.

Hart - Naslund

Norris - Hatcher

Selke - Lehtnin

Vezina - Turco (He carried that team far more than Brodeur had to)

Calder - Nash

Byng - Lidstrom (The Wings always get something)

Adams - Lemaire

I'm not going to be happy if the Devils walk away with no extra hardware, but I'd say it's a very striking possibility. Naslund was so important to the Canucks making their strides this season, Turco was dominant during the regular season(another one of those important 'stipulations' that the league uses to rob worthy candidates), and Lehtnin had the best +/- rating, at 4th overall. JM was second best of the bunch, 80th on the +/- list. I don't think that will cut it.

Hickmania:

Vezina - Turco (He carried that team far more than Brodeur had to)

No he didn't; the Stars had a much better (regular season) offense than the Devils. Turco had better numbers, especially GAA but he only played in 55 games.

If Marty gets passed over AGAIN it'll be for Belfruit.

I think he'll get the Vezina this time though since the voting was done before the playoffs and Marty had a lot of positive publicity during the season. No way he gets the Hart though. Not when they can vote Forsberg :P And I doubt Madden gets the Selke either. We'll see though.