42 replies to this topic

#1 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:16 PM

I know not to take things seriously from Rangers fans who call on the radio but these comments are getting worse.

1) "Martin Brodeur is not that great of a goalie because he didnt win the Conn Smythe in 2003"

2) "The Prudential Center and the Devils organization is ridiculous because they have cheerleaders. Seriously who has cheerleaders in the NHL"

3) "Devils fans are a bunch of frauds. They only come out during the playoffs and they dont sell out like the Rangers"

4) "The 1995 Stanley Cup championship shouldn't count because it was a shortened season"

I heard all of these in a span of a week. To the credit of WFAN, Mike Francesa, Joe Benigno, and Evan Roberts defended the Devils in most of these points. On a side note, Mike Fransesca said that he doubt the cheerleaders were Lou's idea :rolleyes:

#2 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:22 PM

3) "Devils fans are a bunch of frauds. They only come out during the playoffs and they dont sell out like the Rangers"

Speaking of, an entire fanbase that doesn't come out of the closet until a Rangers-Devils Eastern Conference Final...

#3 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:32 PM

4) "The 1995 Stanley Cup championship shouldn't count because it was a shortened season"

I was unaware that the Rangers and rest of the NHL played 82 games that year and we were the only team to play the shortened 48 game schedule.... :rolleyes:
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#4 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,503 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:42 PM

The NBA already declared they're only handing out half a trophy this year. :lol: if you're interested in knowing, it'll be the bottom half so it can still stand on its own.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#5 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,795 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:48 PM

I also heard one Rag fan refer to Stevens as a dirty player.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#6 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,727 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:49 PM

If the NYR won the SC in 1995 the shortened season logic/comments would not apply to them. lol

Edited by StarDew, 25 May 2012 - 12:49 PM.

Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#7 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,067 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:50 PM

I was unaware that the Rangers and rest of the NHL played 82 games that year and we were the only team to play the shortened 48 game schedule.... :rolleyes:

That statement never made any sense to me either. They really are scraping the bottom of the barrel

#8 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,067 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:52 PM

Speaking of, an entire fanbase that doesn't come out of the closet until a Rangers-Devils Eastern Conference Final...

I am also wearing today to work my kovy player tee that I have worn a bunch of times before on casual Friday. Today when I was out at lunch at the store I had a bunch of different people tell me the devils suck and whatnot. I never heard a peep when I wore this shirt before but now I hear it today suddenly. If anything, a lot of people who could not care about hockey are suddenly rangers fans and it is mostly because they have new York in their name.

#9 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:55 PM

they're all a bunch of fvck faces

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#10 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:02 PM

I know not to take things seriously from Rangers fans who call on the radio but these comments are getting worse.

1) "Martin Brodeur is not that great of a goalie because he didnt win the Conn Smythe in 2003"

2) "The Prudential Center and the Devils organization is ridiculous because they have cheerleaders. Seriously who has cheerleaders in the NHL"

I heard all of these in a span of a week. To the credit of WFAN, Mike Francesa, Joe Benigno, and Evan Roberts defended the Devils in most of these points. On a side note, Mike Fransesca said that he doubt the cheerleaders were Lou's idea :rolleyes:

Flyer fans might be the most violent, but the Ranger fans by and large are the dumbest. I'm sure there were worse comments than that made. And StarDew is 100% right, those dummies would never have said a word about shortened seasons if they had repeated as SC Champs.

And no franchise is more ridiculous than the Rangers. I can't think of one single NHL franchise that has celebrated one Cup win over and over again as shamelessly as the Rangers have (and their fans buy right into it every time...after awhile you'd think some of them would say "Geez, can we move past this already?"). The only team that was even in the vicinity of that level of cheesiness was Carolina, when they raised their Cup banner twice.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 25 May 2012 - 03:14 PM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#11 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,472 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:12 PM

Ranger fan "About that parade thing, the Devils can take their 100 fans and have it in Newark or the Meadowlands or in Manasquan..."

believe-zubrus.jpg

#12 NJCroMag

NJCroMag

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:13 PM

I like how not one single comment here applies to anything that's happening on the ice.

Desperation?
"A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness."

#13 Lateralous

Lateralous

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:15 PM

Some of the Devils callers haven't exactly been stellar either.

The Ranger caller going off about how Giguere winning the Conn Smythe in 2003 somehow reflects badly on the Devils was the top one IMO.

#14 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,156 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:15 PM

Why anyone bothers listening to WFAN is still something I'll never understand.

#15 Lateralous

Lateralous

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:16 PM

Ranger fan "About that parade thing, the Devils can take their 100 fans and have it in Newark or the Meadowlands or in Manasquan..."

I love how these guys think they are witty. Like we didn't see that one coming.

#16 BCdevil

BCdevil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:17 PM

I am convinced that the Devils dancers are usually on the section 16 platform so Lou has to see them as little as possible (he sits in the box right above it for those who don't know).
Posted Image

#17 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,067 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:19 PM

Lol always love that one too. Didn't some of the worst people of the 20th century also get paraded down the canyon of Heroes too?

#18 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:21 PM

Why do they think it bothers us? We can have a parade in the parking lot of a Wawa in Freehold for all I care, as long as we win another Stanley Cup.
Posted Image

#19 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:23 PM

I love how these guys think they are witty. Like we didn't see that one coming.

Attendance jokes.
Parking lot jokes.
Neutral zone trap/boring jokes.
Calling the Devils the "Debbies"

That's about 95% of the comedic material Ranger fans have in their arsenal.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#20 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,503 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:26 PM

Why do they think it bothers us? We can have a parade in the parking lot of a Wawa in Freehold for all I care, as long as we win another Stanley Cup.

That's be great. I could pop in, grab a sandwich and then get a choco(my phone wants to autocorrect that to Chico) taco after its over.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users