removal of heat pressed numbers and names?

Scottie2Hottie

Basically I have an old Reebok jersey with heat pressed parise details on it that I got from NHL.com and I feel odd wearing it. Is there a legit way to remove these details safely from the jersey? I can deal with marks from where the numbers and stuff were. I have heard something about soaking the parts for removal in acetone, but I'm skeptical about that. Ideas anyone?

Edited by Scottie2Hottie

Basically I have an old Reebok jersey with heat pressed parise details on it that I got from NHL.com and I feel odd wearing it. Is there a legit way to remove these details safely from the jersey? I can deal with marks from where the numbers and stuff were. I have heard something about soaking the parts for removal in acetone, but I'm skeptical about that. Ideas anyone?

I used acetone on the backside of my rolston jersey and removed the cheap numbers and nameplate. Got Brunner on it afterwards. The nameplate came off very easily without any marks left. The numbers left marks but I was able to get alot of it off eventually. Ill see if I can post a before and after picture

You can still see the outline of the cheap numbers a bit. If your picky about your jerseys then you probably wouldn't like it. But if you are like me and just want to recycle a jersey to get an active player then it's worth it i guess. I didnt soak it, I used cotton balls soaked in the acetone and only applied it to the backside of the numbers and nameplate. I used a decent amount of it but I didnt "soak" the entire jersey or anything. It's was time consuming though. Took an hour, maybe two. I took my time to make sure I wasn't damaging the actual jersey.

EDIT: there was alot of the glue left on the numbers. I went back with an iron afterwards and that removed alot of it. I'm sure with enough time you can get it so its not noticeable anymore. Just haven't had the time to go back and removed the remaining outline.

Edited by njd3b1ink