Rolston....

Beetlebum

We are talking about the guy who wouldn't go into the corners if he was on fire and there was a bucket of water there. He lazily skated around until he got a chance to fire a slapshot high or wide or both.

Not to mention the fat paycheck he happily accepted for all of that

So the guy is miserable for the Devils for three whole seasons, then is awful for the Islanders for over half a season, is useless for the Bruins for the first 9 games with them, but because he follows that up with 5 games where he happened to pick up some points, some people ACTUALLY want him back now!?

jackie-chan-wtf.png

So the guy is miserable for the Devils for three whole seasons, then is awful for the Islanders for over half a season, is useless for the Bruins for the first 9 games with them, but because he follows that up with 5 games where he happened to pick up some points, some people ACTUALLY want him back now!?

jackie-chan-wtf.png

no no.... just one

No, definitely not. He has no place on the current Devils team. I know everyone has bad memories of the Devils' most recent run with Rolston, but I think it was the contract more than anything. Under Lemaire, he was somewhat effective. He actually was one of our top scorers last year by the end. Not saying he was good, or I would have wanted him to finish his contract here, but he wasn't quite as bad as many people make him seem.

He's playing very well. Good for him. Doesn't mean the Devils were wrong to trade him. It didn't work out for 3 seasons.

He's rejuvenated because he went from barely playing with the Islanders thinking his career might end there to playing key minutes for the defending Cup Champions. This stuff is very common in sports.

People blame Lou for a lot of things, but saying it was a mistake to get rid of Rolston might be a new low.

jackie-chan-wtf.png

Indeed. I realize we are very much a "what have you done for me lately?" fan base, but this is a bit ridiculous.