Shanahan signs

gionta182

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So he turns 40 next week, eh?

Yeahhhhhhhhh... I think Lou is gonna have to ask him to come in and work on Saturdays.... Oh Oh and yeahhh some Sundays as well... yeahhh because they might be losing some people soon at trade deadlien and they might have to play catchup to the Rangers with those games in hand...

(/end Bill Lumberg)

Edited by nmigliore

HA! I thought he was gonna get $3-4 million! Wow, great work, Lou!

But Sather couldn't find room for him to fit under the Rangers' cap. HA!

Goes to show how much Shanny just wanted to play, not so much just seek another paycheck.

actually - sather likely just didn't want him on the roster and wanted to give his kids a chance.

at this $ figure, its clear that NOBODY wanted shannahan.

because he's on the cap, no matter what, lou made it cheap so if he stinks, he sits and it doesn't really affect anything.

Yeahhhhhhhhh... I think Lou is gonna have to ask him to come in and work on Saturdays.... Oh Oh and yeahhh some Sundays as well... yeahhh because they might be losing some people soon at trade deadlien and they might have to play catchup to the Rangers with those games in hand...

(/end Bill Lumberg)

Have you seen my "O" face?

avery-2.png

I think Lou's next target could be Guerin.

LOL. Thats funny.

Shanny essentially re-signs here at the same level that he blew us off for the first time.

He and his agent anticipated more, but he found out no one in the league see much value in him. Good signing by Lou we need some quality depth for the third and fourth line.

I would cry ALOT of happy tears. ALOT.

You and me both MB.

I was just kidding around, BUT I would trade for Arnott anytime. He is the one player I always hoped would comeback to the Devils. Hey, one can dream. :P

HA!!!

Okay, so what's the over-under on Shanahan getting 8 goals in the remaining half-season?

Take the over Don. He is a goal scorer and will score goals for the Devils. I'll take the over.

23 in 73 games last year also on the 3rd/4th line plus PP. I would honestly pick the over here.

i think that's a bad bet, but i think 8 is a solid line.

shocked the contract is for this little. i figured even though lou was bidding against himself that shanahan is a marquee player and would have a problem taking such a huge paycut. i guess it shows that shanny really wanted to play again and that he wanted to leave his new team room to get some other guys if they wanted to.

http://njmg.typepad.com/devilsblog/2009/01...lly-signed.html

He'll practice in Columbus. So maybe he'll play on the island or against the Preds most likely unless Lou wants him to practice with the team for a little longer.

I hope his first game is in Nashville, it would be awesome to be one of the only Devils fans to see his return live! :evil:

http://njmg.typepad.com/devilsblog/2009/01...lly-signed.html

He'll practice in Columbus. So maybe he'll play on the island or against the Preds most likely unless Lou wants him to practice with the team for a little longer.

Good news to hear. Maybe he will play in the NYI game on Saturday night. if Lou and Sutter wants him to practice more with the team it could be Nashville, definitely the habs game back home at the Prudential Center.