The Mad Hatters are in.

#62 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:36 AM

Since we ave 20 teams can we get the draft order out early???

No prob, I wanted as many teams as possible to beat up Redrum ;)

After last years 3rd place finish, and hopefrully some lessons leaqrned in the draft I'm primed for a run at my 2nd crown!!

plus getting PIM out of the equation will help me, that was a stat i never did very well with...
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#63 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,432 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:43 AM

Yep, registration closed now.

I'll do the draft order as early as tonight, and post it after ayl decides on his slot.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#64 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,328 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:40 PM

Honestly... there are a good 6/7 picks I wouldn't mind having with my pick.
So I'm going to play it safe, and go 5th. 1 spot back where I picked last year (but in a smaller pool).

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#65 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,432 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:27 PM

Very well, I just did my 'drawing' (writing the other nineteen teams' names on paper, shuffling them with face down and then throwing them in random order before turning them over). Without any further ado, here's the draft order:

1. Storm Josh
2. New Jersey Angels
3. Kovalnuts
4. the beavers
5. Sworn Defenders
6. DevilSwimminw/Sharks
7. Dynamo Nation
8. Zidlicky My Balls
9. VOODOO
10. NickNJD
11. Pineys
12. Onddeck
13. jacob glass josefson
14. The GHDI Cru
15. Devil Dan 56
16. Mad Hatters
17. Have Another Donut
18. New Jersey Swamps (I better win the league again cause I always draw the short straw with my own draft order :P Though at least I get my two picks fairly close to each other)
19. steveo28584

That's the order for every odd round including round one. Round 2 inverses so the team picking 19th picks first in the 2nd round (back-to-back), I pick second and so on. There's eighteen total rounds to the draft.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 17 January 2013 - 10:01 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#66 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,328 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

19. New Jersey Swamps (I better win the league again cause I always draw the short straw with my own draft order :P Though at least I get my two picks fairly close to each other)

Hopefully you're not phone drafting (or whatever happened last year in the 2nd/3rd rounds)...
and since I'm hoping... I hope I find another elite goaltender in the 3rd round swing :) not likely.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#67 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,432 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

It was really my fault for the most part, I had some anti-virus program running when I was on a non high-speed computer and couldn't get into the draft room 'at all' in the 2nd/3rd rounds. The 4th/5th was when I had my phone fiasco and drafted Hiller and some ECHL guy when I was trying to pick Marty. Even when I finally stopped the program though I still flashed in and out later in the draft anyway.

None of that this year, and I have a high-speed now to boot. So long as we don't have any hurricanes/power outages, I'm set. Although picking 19 isn't ideal for autodrafting if I 'was' forced to, at least I was able to get Ovechkin at #1 last year, for what lack of good that did me. Plus there are few sure things this year, so maybe going back of the pack is better.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 15 January 2013 - 05:01 PM.

#68 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,328 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:06 PM

This will be my first fantasy hockey team, so any tips/advice would be great.

Thanks

If this is your first time ever... this is a good format to start in (and I feel is superior anyway).

You are drafting a 2 line line team... which includes 2 starting RW, C, LW.... 4 Dmen, and 1 starting goalie. And a utility player. for 48 games each.
If you have the most goals... you get 20pts... the least? 1pt
If you have the best save percentage... you get 20... worst, 1pt etc

If there are no injuries, it's logical to start your best players and monitor from there. But injuries, cold streaks, hot streaks, etc happen. So you need to adjust your team as needed. Some like to jump ahead early by frontloading their games played... but in the end, you only get 48 games for each position.

Centers are common, but high scoring centers who win faceoffs are something you should keep an eye on. So is +/-. Is it better to have a 20-20-40pt -10 guy as a utility player, or a 15-17-32pt +5 on your roster? It depends. Do you need the goals/assists/points... or do you need to keep your +/- up?

Goalies are a key to your season. They get a lot of stats for your team, and your fortunes often ride with them. Three main strategies...
1- Draft an elite goalie early (1st/2nd).
2- Drafted two mid tier goalies and play the hot hand
3- Go for broke with your sleeper goalie and hope it works out

Don't undervalue dmen... you'll find similar scoring lines from fowards on waivers once you clear the elite dmen... but you can't play them on D.

Have fun, and don't get discouraged. I came in 2nd 2 years ago, 1st last year... but I've also been in the cellar in years past. You live, you learn... and its fantasy hockey. Always fun.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#69 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:21 AM

Have to agree w/ Ayl, 5 to 6 top picks, so getting the 8th pick does not make me happy, I may have to adjust my original draft plan...
Maybe Goalie 1st round.

Did that once w/ Luongo... did not work out so well...
Posted Image

2006 JHL CHAMPION!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#70 nick17112

nick17112

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:50 PM

Thank you for the help :)

If this is your first time ever... this is a good format to start in (and I feel is superior anyway).

You are drafting a 2 line line team... which includes 2 starting RW, C, LW.... 4 Dmen, and 1 starting goalie. And a utility player. for 48 games each.
If you have the most goals... you get 20pts... the least? 1pt
If you have the best save percentage... you get 20... worst, 1pt etc

If there are no injuries, it's logical to start your best players and monitor from there. But injuries, cold streaks, hot streaks, etc happen. So you need to adjust your team as needed. Some like to jump ahead early by frontloading their games played... but in the end, you only get 48 games for each position.

Centers are common, but high scoring centers who win faceoffs are something you should keep an eye on. So is +/-. Is it better to have a 20-20-40pt -10 guy as a utility player, or a 15-17-32pt +5 on your roster? It depends. Do you need the goals/assists/points... or do you need to keep your +/- up?

Goalies are a key to your season. They get a lot of stats for your team, and your fortunes often ride with them. Three main strategies...
1- Draft an elite goalie early (1st/2nd).
2- Drafted two mid tier goalies and play the hot hand
3- Go for broke with your sleeper goalie and hope it works out

Don't undervalue dmen... you'll find similar scoring lines from fowards on waivers once you clear the elite dmen... but you can't play them on D.

Have fun, and don't get discouraged. I came in 2nd 2 years ago, 1st last year... but I've also been in the cellar in years past. You live, you learn... and its fantasy hockey. Always fun.

Zach Parise - Gone but not forgotten!!!!!

#71 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,034 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:03 AM

http://hockey.fantas...ockey/testdraft

Just got that in the yahoo email to test if my system worked.

#72 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,432 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:38 PM

Another thing to remember is that lineups are daily, lineup spots don't lock until a player's game starts. So if you have two guys with a 7 PM game playing the same position, you can literally switch them in and out until 6:59 (though you have to go by Yahoo time and not your own watch lol).

#73 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:53 PM

http://hockey.fantas...ockey/testdraft

Just got that in the yahoo email to test if my system worked.

Got that as well, was hoping to draft on my phone, but no flash on the iphone so going to have to make sure im at a computer...
Posted Image

2006 JHL CHAMPION!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#74 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

Is there any way to leave the league? I dont think I am going to be able to make the draft and keep up with the league. Id rather let someone who will be active play

#75 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,432 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

Never mind, found the team name. I'll just boot you. No sense trying to find another team now that there's barely 24 hours before the draft, we'll just go with 19...I don't feel like trying to recruit someone, making sure they get in AND having to re-do the draft order the last minute :rant:

Draft order is now adjusted...everyone from 8-20 moves up a spot.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 17 January 2013 - 08:05 PM.

#76 StormJosh

StormJosh

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:14 AM

I got first pick?!??! Awwww yeah!

Are we allowed to trade picks? Its for sale if so!!

#77 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,432 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:25 AM

No, no draft pick trades, it's more or less impossible to do with a 19-team live draft.

#78 StormJosh

StormJosh

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:07 AM

It can be as simple as a gentleman's agreement to draft on someones behalf for that particular pick.

#79 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,328 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:23 AM

Agreed... but you wouldn't be trading the pick offically.

It would be Malkin, etc for X and Y officially... always free to trade as you wish :)

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#80 StormJosh

StormJosh

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

king of the castle king of the castle la la la la

0 user(s) are reading this topic