Early guess for the calder

SterioDesign

Lets say Larsson make the team and play the whole season, do you guys think he could have a season similar to what Myer got to win the calder 2 years back? 11g 37a +13 ?

not too sure which rookies made their respective team this year but on top of my head Landeskog, RNH, Johansen, Butler, Couturier, Niederreiter, Gubdbranson, Cowen, Tarasenko, Erixon, Zibanejad, Ellis, Tatar, Adam should be in the mix to compete for the calder

anyone else, im probably missing a few ? there's that kid in Carolina but i cant remember his name...

• Like 1

isnt tarasenko staying in the khl this season? maybe i read wrong. i think landeskog has an advamtage, colorado has shown in previous years that they willing to let their rookies learn as they play (duchene, o'reilly) and on a team needing depth at wing, he'lll have a lot of opportunities. i'd love to see larsson be in the discussion but its so hard for a rookie dman to get noticed, with the exception of myers a few seasons back i dont remember any rookie dman coming close. did doughty win it?

If the PP clicks relatively well (big if, I know) Larsson should pick up some serious points this year. I wouldn't be surprised if he's in the discussion for the calder

good call, i think his role in the PP would fit him perfectly for where he's at with his skill level right now, surrounded by players that can only help him

He would need to post something along the lines of Myers or better.

Without digging into it... 10-15g / 35-40a, +10 might get him the nod above the higher scoring wingers... but it's just hard for a d-man to compete with forwards to get "noticed" since d-men control the play more, but often get left off the stat sheet offensively.

Lets say Larsson make the team and play the whole season, do you guys think he could have a season similar to what Myer got to win the calder 2 years back? 11g 37a +13 ?

not too sure which rookies made their respective team this year but on top of my head Landeskog, RNH, Johansen, Butler, Couturier, Niederreiter, Gubdbranson, Cowen, Tarasenko, Erixon, Zibanejad, Ellis, Tatar, Adam should be in the mix to compete for the calder

anyone else, im probably missing a few ? there's that kid in Carolina but i cant remember his name...

I think Braydon Schenn still qualifies as a rookie. If so, think he has the leg up being older than most of the players on your list and playing for what should be a good team.

He was considered for #1 overall and called one of the most NHL-ready draftees of 2011 (remember that [in]famous quote from a guy raving about him being better than Lidstrom was at that age?), so I imagine he should have a shot at it.

The issue might be guys who enter the league being a year older.