Italy Vs United States Sat 6/16/06

LOTCB

I guarantee victory for the United States tomorrow and the USA will advance in the "random" Group E....

This is perhaps the biggest game in USA Men's Soccer World Cup history....we need to win this game, otherwise it sets the American soccer program back a ways for awhile...

USA needs to show some patience early...set some plays up and stop going for the long plays (I do not claim to be a soccer expert by any means, I hope I made any sense with that last statement of mine!) :lol:

USA!!! USA!!! :clap::clap::clap:

Edited by LOTCB

oook... coz I like you all... I will root for US :dance:

(expect the unexpected)

(aaaand it's REALLY unexpected tonight... )

I wonder who Dad is going to root for. He watched most of his soccer when he was living in Italy and he still reads the Italian papers to follow it. Maybe he'll just be happy whoever wins (and if the US wins, maybe I'll get a call from Mom that he had a heart attack from the shock).

too bad USA can't score, 1-0 Italy. I really hate Italy.

as I say that Italy scores on themselves 1-1, so USA really hasn't scored still lol

Same here..i proclaim game over...and the usa scores...i should do that more often!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Same here..i proclaim game over...and the usa scores...i should do that more often!!! :lol::lol::lol:

We need to be negative more often. :rofl:

Italy is only playing with 10 men now cause a dirty Italian got a red card for elbowing McBride right in the face and busting him open.

Edited by Satans Hockey

We need to be negative more often. :rofl:

Italy is only playing with 10 men now cause a dirty Italian got a red card for elbowing McBride right in the face and busting him open.

The red card is HUGE...especially when you consider Italy likes to counter...now they have to do that a man short...

GO USA!!!!!! :clap::clap::clap:

Make-up call??? Make-up for what?! The Italian red card was deserved, hell McBride bled profusely and had to be taken off for a few minutes. The US red card was disgusting. Yellow yes but definitely not red. Franz Beckenbauer is right, the refs are handing out cards the way doctors hand out pieces of lollipop to kids.

This has been a really physical game though, guess the US player's allusion to war wasn't too far off :rolleyes: I can't complain about anything the US did in the first half except can we cut it with the stupid offside trap PLEASE? That's all a world-class team needs, an easy goal :P Hell Costa Rica scored twice on Germany because of the lame offside trap.

Oh and I don't want to hear about playing for a tie either, a tie isn't going to do anything with the US's terrible goal differential, they need a win. And not only that but a win would put the US in control of its own destiny against Ghana anyway.

Edited by Hasan4978

Make-up call??? Make-up for what?! The Italian red card was deserved, hell McBride bled profusely and had to be taken off for a few minutes. The US red card was disgusting. Yellow yes but definitely not red.

They handed out a red card because they remembered..wait we are supposed to be anti-usa now...quick, make the yellow card a red.

Di$gu$ting.

They handed out a red card because they remembered..wait we are supposed to be anti-usa now...quick, make the yellow card a red.

Di$gu$ting.

Exactly, and now Eddie Pope gets a red card. This is not looking good.

Italy has a man advantage now cause USA is playing with 9 men. If USA can win now it would be a miracle.

Jesus christ these dirty Italians dive like Carolina.

Exactly, and now Eddie Pope gets a red card. This is not looking good.

Italy has a man advantage now cause USA is playing with 9 men. If USA can win now it would be a miracle.

Do what I did.

Turn it off.

Ive had my fill of soccer. Wake me up when the tourney is not in Europe.

I take back what I said before, a draw would be a frigging miracle :P

I wouldn't have had any issue with Pope getting the red (off of two yellows) if it didn't come two freaking minutes after halftime and two minutes after sending off another US player. It's as if the officials were saying 'fvck you for your dissent' after Arena justifiably bitched about the first one :rolleyes: After all, how dare we play physical against Italy! :lol::doh1:

People that complain about NHL officiating calling every little thing, this World Cup has been ten times worse. Not just this game though this game's become the nadir for soccer's new standard of throwing people in figurative jail for legal tackles.

Edited by Hasan4978

Make-up call??? Make-up for what?! The Italian red card was deserved, hell McBride bled profusely and had to be taken off for a few minutes. The US red card was disgusting. Yellow yes but definitely not red. Franz Beckenbauer is right, the refs are handing out cards the way doctors hand out pieces of lollipop to kids.

This has been a really physical game though, guess the US player's allusion to war wasn't too far off :rolleyes: I can't complain about anything the US did in the first half except can we cut it with the stupid offside trap PLEASE? That's all a world-class team needs, an easy goal :P Hell Costa Rica scored twice on Germany because of the lame offside trap.

Oh and I don't want to hear about playing for a tie either, a tie isn't going to do anything with the US's terrible goal differential, they need a win. And not only that but a win would put the US in control of its own destiny against Ghana anyway.

Confused by the bold statement here. Didn't the US guy get the red because that was his second yellow and therefore an automatic red? As with the second red.....or did I miss something?

No I meant Mastrioni did deserve a yellow card but definitely didn't deserve a red card. He got a straight red, that wasn't because of a second yellow.

I'd love to see the Italian papers if they ever did manage to blow this game - or even fail to win it, they'd be crying the match was thrown :lol:

Edited by Hasan4978

That was why Pope got the red card (because of two yellows), not Mastrioni.

EDIT: Well we lost a goal, what else is new...that rule's a new one on me, I thought passive offsides was allowed :lol: I guess not when you screen the goalie though :P

Edited by Hasan4978