Wendy's Owner

lucifer91

I honestly don't think Bettman would let the Devils leave NJ, as crazy as that sounds.

The entire line of thinking that Bettman wants the Devils gone is absurd. I dislike him for other reasons, but this is not even factual or with any merit.

It would be a huge black eye for the league if the Devils went anywhere, especially in this market. Bettman knows that.

I said all along that i believe the Devils need a corporate run ownership for long term financial stability. While you lose some of the "attachment" an owner like VBK has for the team, it is the best thing for them. If you're worried about them being "flipped" down the road, it's a legit concern, but who would have thought VBK would be in this position if everything is to be taken for face value?

Also, it can not be overlooked that the Devils DO play in the NY market. They should never be in danger of moving because of that without even going into the arena/lease.

Edited by SJP20

As long as the new ownership maintains it's commitment to New Jersey in general and Newark in particular, I have no problem at all with this. I'd love to see a Wendy's in the Prudential Center as a concessions option. It'd also open the door to more hockey-related Wendy's promotion in general which helps the league in general and would help the Devils assuming that guys like Ilya Kovalchuk would be involved in those promos.

If I saw Ilya Kovalchuk in a Wendy's commercial I'd go nuts. I'd have to tape it, and leave a backup in a bank deposit box.

at this point its our only chance so far that this guy buys the team through bankruptcy and getting the new owner through court really kinda like the Stars did

but i'd still like Vanderbeek to be around so i dont know how it could work, but for sure his plan isnt gonna work using advanced money to pay the current bill. So it can only go downhill with just Jeff trying to do everything himself

what im wondering now... if this is all true, how fast can it happen?

This sounds like really good news for the devils. I would be surprised if this falls through, the banks would probably love to sell the arena debt if they could even get 60c on the dollar (140m vs 250m). He would force JVB out through bankruptcy if not a buyout before then, and our financial troubles would be over (read no more debt to deal with, except newark but thats a much smaller problem).

No freakin way Bettman lets JVB get away with securitizing the MSG deal, thats the same crap the dodgers owner tried, it would bleed this franchise dry for years and 87m is a joke of a return to get in exchange. JVB seems really desperate at this point, I can't imagine he'll be able to hold on to the team.

To all you guys worried about the Devils moving, no chance, we were #12 in revenues last year, we are in a good market. Our financial problems stem from the arena debt and that is about to be solved. Hopefully this is settled before Parise hits up the open market...

and honestly if you read the articles it actually quite nice for devils fans just not for the faint of heart. Either JVB reworks his debt by basically paying it down as part of a restructure or Mr Billionaire sweeps in and buys. Either way the Devils are not moving, the value of the franchise is in their rights with the arena and their TV contract which are both based on them being here.

This sounds like really good news for the devils. I would be surprised if this falls through, the banks would probably love to sell the arena debt if they could even get 60c on the dollar (140m vs 250m). He would force JVB out through bankruptcy if not a buyout before then, and our financial troubles would be over (read no more debt to deal with, except newark but thats a much smaller problem).

No freakin way Bettman lets JVB get away with securitizing the MSG deal, thats the same crap the dodgers owner tried, it would bleed this franchise dry for years and 87m is a joke of a return to get in exchange. JVB seems really desperate at this point, I can't imagine he'll be able to hold on to the team.

To all you guys worried about the Devils moving, no chance, we were #12 in revenues last year, we are in a good market. Our financial problems stem from the arena debt and that is about to be solved. Hopefully this is settled before Parise hits up the open market...

it's not the same as the dogers deal, In the dogers deal he was trying to pay off his divorce. In this deal JVB uses the TV deal to pay down team debt so that they basically are more stable, it's a situation that everyone would be happier with.

it's not the same as the dogers deal, In the dogers deal he was trying to pay off his divorce. In this deal JVB uses the TV deal to pay down team debt so that they basically are more stable, it's a situation that everyone would be happier with.

except that, as the forbes article notes, the league would be unhappy because that's a revenue stream denied a future owner. i don't think it's a good move for the team long-term and hope that the league doesn't allow it.