Return of Gomez

Beetlebum

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He should have just taken the trade to the Islanders at the deadline and played with their kids for his full salary. But i don't want him back either, though Idon't see it as a purely poisonous move.

While I could see it happening, I'd rather Lou focus on getting Zach re-signed as soon as possible. Also, I thank gomez for signing with the rangers because it saved the Devils from being stuck paying him millions for less production than rolston, plus with the money we would have payed gomez we got Kovy instead.

No, Gomez will join Washington and bring Ovechkin down with him. However, the Pre-season will predict Gomez will record 70+ assists with Ovy, who should score at least 60 with Gomez setting him up.

This might be really good for Gomez. What he needs is to grow up and understand that he knows hockey. He's being a big baby and not taking responsibility for the game on the whole. It's always been the way he's been. He's not lazy or whiney -- he's just... I dont know what he is, because all of those cliches are just not really productive thinking -- he's afraid of failure - what a load of crap <_<

gomez just won't step up to the plate. He doesn't understand what it means. He has all these ideas in his head and he just doesn't get his place in it all. he thinks he needs something outside of himself. it's the curse of talent. You just do it and it works and you dont understand it. When things crap out then you're triple baffled.

Even when he teaches now I'm sure he's thinking I was told to do this -- so and so told me to do that.... he never accepts the credit for knowing himself. Gomez is intuitive thinking at it's most tragic.

:unsure: I think he needs to go to school... I think he should take some classes over the summer. He needs to learn to think. He has to understand in a very clear way that we control our lives. We make choices by thinking about things a certain way. You choose how you think not merely how you react or how you interpret.

Gomez is going through life interpreting and reacting to things around and assuming those are thoughts and choices. Btu they aren't. It's just liek his not taking shots. it's why he's such a great playmaker. Play making is taking what you've been given and making the best of it. Dude can CREATE from nothing. He's always got to have somethign to bounce off of -- :saddevil: He just needs to give himself more credit. Coming back to the Devils actually woudl just let him continue on this same path. I think he's very close to learning hwo to do it alone. You teach best what you most need to learn.

I think maybe sticking him with another hyper intuitive thinker who is EXTREMELY focused like Ovechkin.... he might get frustrated into making the connection of the lessons he's been taught. I think Gomez will know things that Ovechkin doesn't and it will sufficiently stun him into getting some confidence in HIMSELF. not merely his reaction time and positive outlook.

Bahhh! barnie.gif The man drives me to distraction...

Edited by Pepperkorn

Like I have been saying: Gomez did the unforgivable with the whole Rangers things - however, he has been rightfully humiliated in the league and has paid his penance and should now return at a reasonable price.

Henrique should move to wing and let Gomez center.

Move Henrique out of center where he has been playing well for that hasbeen turncoat Gomez?!?

NO THANKS

The problem with Gomez is personality, not talent. The Devils would know better than us if his personality has matured or not.

I remember hearing stories about how Larry Robinson used to make Gomez regularly step on a scale in an effort to motivate him to stay in better game shape. Given how badly his play has dropped off, I'm guessing his raw talent hasn't aged well enough to still compensate for his problematic personality.