PLEASE READ:Posters are entitled to their opinions

Weekes Head

I'm tired of posters being bashed for asking questions or expressing their thoughts and opinions. There's no reason to attack a poster or make them feel as though they cannot express their thoughts or even simply ask a question. I know some of us are getting a bit frustrated with the team this season, but please, do not take it out on your fellow fans and posters.

Let's not turn this board into a war zone now. We're all, for the most part, struggling together with the team. Don't take your frustrations out on other posters, please.

Thanks.

RD

Keeps your opinions about this to yourself, RD.

Sorry, I missed the venom in the last couple of 'juicy' threads, I had to make up for it.

I agree.... its not for the moderators to police manners and general politeness. One person on this board knows the most about hockey - unfortunately about 15 people think it is them. Most know it is me...

Keeps your opinions about this to yourself, RD. 

Sorry, I missed the venom in the last couple of 'juicy' threads, I had to make up for it.

I agree.... its not for the moderators to police manners and general politeness. One person on this board knows the most about hockey - unfortunately about 15 people think it is them. Most know it is me...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<_< Cute.

:P

I agree...but I also feel that, even if it does get out of hand which it shouldn't but it could as we've seen, the Administrators need to show a bit more maturity. I know of one post in particular when someone expressed thier opinion and someone else didn't like it and said something uncalled for then two, yes two, different Administrators seemed to join in on the attitude and remarks instead of trying to defuse the situation. I think the Administrators should be held to a higher degree of responsibility in these situations because that is after all partly what defines them as administrators. It seemed that post quickly turned into a 4 on 1 and two of those posters being adminstrators until DM came in and stopped it in a very respectible and quick manner.

Good topic to start...This is a board, where everyone is entitled to their opinions. Noone should have people jumping down their throats for posting something..unless it is ignorant towards another poster. It's freedom of thought and speech...

that is true though... unless it's my board the admins do have to be a BIT above the level of the posters... case in point when Red locked the NLD thread cause of a personal issue elsewhere... you can't have an open forum like that...while yes it's ok that certain curse words can be not allowed in the forum (though I don't like that, I accept that as a house rule.... would be more an issue if the admins could swear and I couldn't)

the personal attacks DID get nasty yesterday

(and you wonder why I rooted for Pizza :lol:)

but maybe it's a thing that should be addressed PRIVATELY first and foremost though..... just my weird off center, but yet oddly balanced opinon :)

Well, if you guys and gals have problems with the way we admin the board, send us a PM and let us know about it. Of course we try to be as professional as possible, but remember -- we're all human, and we all have emotions as well. We're not just admins, we're posters on this board. Sometimes we may say things that maybe we shouldn't have said, but I don't think it's fair to completely fault us for that. I'll admit, there have been times when I went over the line, but I try hard to take my job here seriously. Above anything else, I want to make sure the posters here can have fun and discuss the teams and game they love. That's what this board is really about -- our collective love of the game of hockey.

I have to echo the sentiment that sometimes the Admins tend to make the situation worse. I read the boards every day, although I only post when I feel compelled to. Alot of the times, when things get out of hand, I want to say something, only to see that one of the Admins has jumped in and taken sides (for lack of a better way of putting it). Then, at that point, who can you say something to that's going listen?

I don't think neccessarily anyone is saying here too much of a direct problem with the board's admins, but what i think we are getting here what people thinks an admin's role is on an internet forum... it's actually kinda interesting to see

besides anytime I've had a real bitch I know I went right back with it :whistling:

I personally think all the Admins here have done a great job with this board.

I may not be a veteran or have 10,000 posts but I'm here every single day at least 10 times. I love this site and I'm so glad I have the privelage to have a place like this to discuss hockey and my favorite team.

I know emotions can run high at times - especially with sports, it's a competitive nature.

The Admins will try their best to referee this place, but sometimes we all have a 'Fraser' moment :P

I personally think all the Admins here have done a great job with this board. 

I may not be a veteran or have 10,000 posts but I'm here every single day at least 10 times.  I love this site and I'm so glad I have the privelage to have a place like this to discuss hockey and my favorite team. 

I know emotions can run high at times - especially with sports, it's a competitive nature. 

The Admins will try their best to referee this place, but sometimes we all have a 'Fraser' moment  :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree with your assessment jbech. I too don't post often but pop in to see what's up. Just like I'm doing now.

Well I must have missed the latest threads though I know of one that sorta deteriorated last night :doh1:

My two cents: I think quite a few people have a hard time differentiating between a different opinion and an outright attack. Some people get way too sensitive to dissenting opinions and think they're attacks if say one person has one viewpoint that most of the board doesn't agree with, they feel ganged up on even if none of the posts become attacks per se. And other posters do get in attack mode and either don't realize they've crossed the line or don't really care.

As RD said, anyone has a problem with one of us specifically, discuss it with us personally and off-board. If that doesn't work or if you just have a general problem with the way the board is moderated then discuss it with DM off-board. I don't claim to be perfect either though I'm pretty sure I had little to do with last night or today being I wasn't around :P

Seriously though, there's no reason to have 'this' thread turn into another battle zone. And some people do need to learn by and large to not take things out on each other.

Edited by Hasan4978

Hey, sometimes it's fun posting something that you know will get a reaction. :evil:

Not that I've ever done that. :whistling:

Still, there is a limit to what you should be calling each other in a civil..."discussion".

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you mean like going into a football thread and saying nothing but yay Colts ?? ;)