Zajac Could Be Back in 2 Weeks

Colin226

So when Travis is back do we put Henrique centering Kovalchuk now or we move him on the wing with Zach

with Zajac

Parise - Zajac - Tedenby

Kovalchuk - Henrique - Clarkson

Sykora - Elias - Zubrus

Janssen - Carter - Zharkov

until Josefson is back we cant really put Parise Zajac Henrique together without splitting the Sykora Elias Zubs line really... cant wait tho...

Parise Zajac Henrique... ZZ Pup line! cause yeah... Henrique is really the team's little puppy right now lol

it is conceivable that they put kovalchuk w/ carter and clarkson while keeping henrique on RW w/ parise and zajac.

I have a bad feeling Kovalchuk will be with Henrique at center. They could be one of those lines that shoot well over their head while being poor in possession. At least Zajac and Parise can face somewhat tough competition until Zajac is ready for prime minutes.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac

Parise - Zajac - Tedenby

Sykora - Elias - Zubrus

I like this a lot. I'm so sick of seeing Kovalchuk on the right wing.

This Zajac talk has got me anxious. This team needs him back soon.

Edited by nessus

So when Travis is back do we put Henrique centering Kovalchuk now or we move him on the wing with Zach

with Zajac

Parise - Zajac - Tedenby

Sykora - Elias - Zubrus

No way Henrique gets wasted with Kovalchuk. Hes gotta stay with Parise.

Wasted? I think Henrique can be very good for Kovalchuk while Parise's production can pick back up when he reunites with Zajac. In my opinion, its important to get 2 out of the three players on the lines set.

Parise-Zajac-RW

Kovy-Henrique-RW

Sykora-Elias-Zubs

Ever changing 4th line

When Josefson comes back he can go to center and Henrique can go to RW. The open RW's will most likely not be set and will not be constant unless some real good chemistry is developed.

well obviously when Josefson is back we can put Henrique on the RW but until then what else can you do? put our top 2 centers on the same line? to play and build chemistry with a guy who could leave this summer instead of trying to build something with the guy that we're gonna have for like another 45 years ?

Parise-Zajac-Tedenby

Kovy-Henrique-Clarkson

Sykora-Elias-Zubrus

Palmieri-Carter-Janssen/Boulton/etc

In this set up, Teddy, Clarkson and Zubrus could all end up being switched around as I have a tough time imagining Tedenby getting 1st line minutes when he's barely played even on the 3rd line and even has been a scratch lately. I also don't know how well Clarkson would look with Kovy and that might be a defensive zone disaster as well, so maybe you end up with Zubrus with Kovy and Henrique, while Clarkson plays with Zach and Zajac.

OR

Parise-Zajac-Clarkson

Kovy-Henrique-Zubrus or Kovy-Elias-Zubrus

Tedenby-Elias-Sykora or Tedenby-Henrique-Sykora or Sykora-Henrique-Palmieri

Palmieri-Carter-____ or Tedenby-Carter-_____

This set up seems more balanced and the only changes I could see happening here are Henrique and Elias changing places so that Elias centers Kovy and then either Sykora or Zubrus would be the RW on that line. The 3rd line would then be made up of Tedenby-Henrique-Zubrus/Sykora. I would think Zubrus would get the first shot at the time with Kovy and Patty since he's more defenzively responsible and the 3rd line would be able to be kept away from playing against dangerous opposition, at least at home that is, on the road those lines may be shuffled around.

it's conceivable in the same way that it's conceivable that they start scratching tallinder in favor of fraser or begin matching elias to 4th lines. no way.

that's a bit harsh. kovalchuk has played with some bad centers and made them into something. i'm not saying its permanent - i'm saying i could see them try it. i just do not want kovalchuk and parise on the same line - it is not working.

that's a bit harsh. kovalchuk has played with some bad centers and made them into something. i'm not saying its permanent - i'm saying i could see them try it. i just do not want kovalchuk and parise on the same line - it is not working.

Carter has been horrible the last two games. Yes, Kovalchuk played with Todd White and Rich Peverley, but they are not Ryan Carter, who is clearly a 4th line center.

Carter has been horrible the last two games. Yes, Kovalchuk played with Todd White and Rich Peverley, but they are not Ryan Carter, who is clearly a 4th line center.

do you have any combo that you're happy with that doesn't have parise/kovalchuk on the same line when zajac returns? i mean, i'd almost like to start looking into it now becuase that line is getting killed.

do you have any combo that you're happy with that doesn't have parise/kovalchuk on the same line when zajac returns? i mean, i'd almost like to start looking into it now becuase that line is getting killed.

reports of that line getting killed are greatly exaggerated. now that kovalchuk appears to be at 90% the line hasn't been that bad.

but you could go

sykora-elias-zubrus

kovalchuk-zajac-palmieri

parise-henrique-clarkson

Kovalchuk - Elias - Sykora

Parise - Zajac - Zubrus

Palmieri/Tedenby - Henrique - Clarkson

I know that line is going but in 2 weeks time will it still be shooting at 12%? I think this is the best option.

I like that 3rd line with tedenby and henrique but I don't like splitting up the sykora/elias/zubrus line.