KOVALCHUK OUT TONIGHT GAME 2

mikepeluso8

He's like Clarkson if you removed the goal-scoring talent and added more falling down.

Swear to god, I spit out my coffee LOL

I'm rocking the Kovy jersey tonight on my couch :)

You realize he was playing hurt, right? And you realize he's been playing hurt since the middle of the FLA series, right?

I mean, some of you people are acting like he just lolly-gagged his way through game 1 when anyone with 1/2 a brain could tell something was seriously wrong with him physically the past 2 weeks.

The haters are going to take any opportunity to criticize, whether or not it is warranted is irrelevant to them.

Sestito is the trash they took up from Albany?

This move made me cringe too. Albany may not have quality options and Zharkov is as good as gone at this point. In my opinion, if any forward deserves a call up from Albany it is Zalewski.

I'm glad they went with Harrold up front and Larsson in though.

This move made me cringe too. Albany may not have quality options and Zharkov is as good as gone at this point.

This had not even occurred to me. Where are Zharkov and Tedenby even? After the AHL season ends are the players required to remain in the U.S. by their contracts or can they go back to Europe? Can anyone who understands the AHL call up process better than I shed light on the Devils' options?

Edited by halfsharkalligatorhalfman

For the sake of comparison, I looked up what the Devils did in the five games Kovalchuk missed in the regular season. They went 3-2 in his absense:

- 3-2 OT win vs Winnipeg

- 3-2 win vs Carolina

- 3-1 loss vs Washington

- 3-2 SO win at Washington

- 4-3 loss at Boston).

But this was all back in November when the Devils were a completely different team, completely inept on the PP, surrendering shorties left and right, relying on the SO for wins, getting shaky goaltending, struggling to score, blowing leads like crazy, so on and so forth. So, in short, this post reveals nothing and was a waste of time for you to read.

The New Jersey Devils. Brought to you by the Number 3.

This had not even occurred to me. Where are Zharkov and Tedenby even? After the AHL season ends are the players required to remain in the U.S. by their contracts or can they go back to Europe? Can anyone who understands the AHL call up process better than I shed light on the Devils' options?

Zharkov and Tedenby are currently skating in Albany with about half the Albany roster it seems. They call those players Black Aces. I'm not sure on the contract specifics but it seems like its common for minor leaguers to do this. My comment on Zharkov being as good as gone is my own speculation. Earlier this year I ran across a Russian rumor somewhere that said he was going to return to Russia if he didn't have a spot in NJ by the end of this year.

Obviously the goal is to win both in NJ, but I think more realistically, the goal should be to get Kovy back for Game 5 in a 2-2 series. Depending on how badly he is hurt, that could be the best option. A week off for Kovy should leave him fresh, for maybe the first time all year.