Fantasy Baseball Season Thread

NJDevs4978

An anal question: How did Derek release a player then get him right back, was there a glitch in the system or something? When I dumped Barmes I tried to get him back but the system didn't even let me put in a claim for him (presumably you can't claim someone you yourself let go on waivers).

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An anal question: How did Derek release a player then get him right back, was there a glitch in the system or something?  When I dumped Barmes I tried to get him back but the system didn't even let me put in a claim for him (presumably you can't claim someone you yourself let go on waivers).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's because I had one guy coming off the DL and one going on. I had to drop a player first to activate Berkman. Then, I put Bonds on the DL which gave me an extra spot again.

RD, there are a couple of guys I am interested in. I'll see about making an offer.

That's cool RD. Take as much time as you need.

P.S. LaTroy Hawkins stinks :angry:!!!!!

I know it didn't matter anyway since I have no chance against Hasan with my guys not hitting. But cmon. Could they at least let Prior finish the game? He could have gotten me a CG category. Dusty Baker is a moron.

Edited by Derek21

I've got 2 MVP candidates playing regularly on my team (Floyd, Kent) and I'm still near the bottom of the league. that's what happens when you can't steal any bases and have wildly inconsistent pitching, varying from 2.00 era one week to 7.00 the next.

how about this, Piazza has 3hr in his past 3 ab's.

Edited by '7'

I've got 2 MVP candidates playing regularly on my team (Floyd, Kent) and I'm still near the bottom of the league. that's what happens when you can't steal any bases and have wildly inconsistent pitching, varying from 2.00 era one week to 7.00 the next.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There's only a six-game difference between first and eleventh though. And you did pretty good with most of your pickups/drops, you probably WOULD be in bad shape if you had to be saddled with the roster someone else drafted :lol: Floyd's been a pleasant surprise, he's really turned back the clock three-five years. I never thought Mike would hit .210 for the whole year but I'm still holding my breath wondering if (when?) the other shoe drops - i.e. him getting hurt.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There's only a six-game difference between first and eleventh though. And you did pretty good with most of your pickups/drops, you probably WOULD be in bad shape if you had to be saddled with the roster someone else drafted :lol: Floyd's been a pleasant surprise, he's really turned back the clock three-five years. I never thought Mike would hit .210 for the whole year but I'm still holding my breath wondering if (when?) the other shoe drops - i.e. him getting hurt.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

exactly how I feel about Floyd.

Reyes actually has 3 walks in his last 4 games.

Welll for now it's 6-4 because Zito and Prior put you ahead in K's and ERA for the moment and you were already ahead in WHIP and BA.  And you're only 2 HR's behind in that category so it's not quite over yet, though I lead the other five categories by a pretty healthy margin.

Anyway, Baker isn't neccesarily a moron for taking Prior out, it was only his fourth or fifth start off the DL right?  But he IS a moron for bringing Hawkins INTO the game.  I know Borowski's due back soon and they want him to close, can't they give anyone else at least a looksie first (not that I want them to do that, mind you :P)?  Hawkins already proved he is not a closer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's hard to believe considering some of the stats in our match-up. I would just like my team to get 2-3 categories. It's kind of like the bind you were in last week, except the stats were closer.

You're probably right about Prior. But what other options do the Cubs have? Hawkins is awful. They lost Chad Fox for the year. They really don't got anyone who can close until Borowski returns.

I could see Karsay winding up there.

My pitching seems to be consistantly good, if not excellent, but my offense just isn't there. A lot of the guys that I thought I could count on have been off to really crappy years. Derrek Lee has been a nice surprise, but otherwise, my guys are really fizzling in the O-categories, especially average. I made a few proposals, so we'll see what happens.

I have good pitching too. But Danny Haren ruined what could have been a good week for my pitchers. And I have really bad luck getting wins. Take Zito tonight and Prior earlier. Some weeks, it's like that.

I have good pitching too. But Danny Haren ruined what could have been a good week for my pitchers. And I have really bad luck getting wins. Take Zito tonight and Prior earlier. Some weeks, it's like that.

Well as bad as Hampton and Haren were for you earlier in the week, Brown and his replacement Estes were equally bad for me. But what really hurt me pitchingwise this week was Jason Schmidt. Sheesh, I keep harping on the back end of my rotation but my supposed top pitcher AND top reliever (Foulke) need to get their heads out of their butts or it won't matter who's at the back end of my rotation. And Chen gave you seven innings without allowing an earned run today; oh well, another week of losing ERA and WHIP :doh1: But at least I'll still win 6-4 overall it looks like.

Edited by Hasan4978

I'd like Wilkerson more if they stop batting him leadoff :P I do think Matsui will turn it around, he was like a career .290 hitter coming into the season and even when cold still has 21 RBI's in 30 games. Of course there's always the possiblity that being in his walk year has the opposite effect on him that it does on some other players who have career years in their walk year (cough Adrian Beltre cough). Derek Lowe struggled in a similar way last year, I didn't think Matsui'd be another player who did but who knows.

Edited by Hasan4978

Thanks dr. I know that Matsui can very well turn it around but sometimes you gotta take risks. And unfortunately for me, I HAVE to take those risks with the way my team is going right now. I think I do have a very good team, but we'll see what happens. I thought the trade I made with Legend could benefit us both. We'll see what happens. :)

EDIT: I wanted to add -- you gotta give up something to get something, there's no way I can offer Ray Durham and get Wilkerson in return, just not going to happen. Crazy thing is that I picked up Thomson off of waivers early in the season, then dropped him, then added him again a week or two ago...now I'm able to use him as a bargaining chip in a trade! Gotta love fantasy baseball! :P

Edited by RoughDraft

Has, Schmidt should be pitching a lot better. I don't know what the deal is there. Foulke looked to be straightening out finally with a couple of saves in a row.

Chen was a gamble because:

A.He's pitching well

B.He plays on a good hitting team

I really need to add some team speed. Damn you Clown. You're going to get it for acquiring the guy I wanted :evil:.

Man, if we had CG's or SHO's as categories, I might have comeback and won :lol:. Damn it. Oh well. Hampton had a CG 2-hit shutout. Anyway, I got him on my other team in a league where we have CG's and SHO's ;-).

Guess I'll have to settle for a 6-4 defeat. Considering how the week was going, I'd take that.