GDT: Philadelphia Flyers @ New Jersey Devils 7pm

njdevil26

Playing without Zajac is hurting us more than playing without any other Devils im pretty sure

Well, tonight, i don't think it would have mattered much at all. They played a terrible game. Deboer will certainly have his choice of passengers. The only bright spot was Brodeur, and if he has to play like that all season he'll have to retire.

The 4th line has epic potential of complete inept. Tedenby down there is Mac-like. It's a waste of everyone's time and effort. It's like a game of "which of these doesn't belong".

The PP is going to be an abysmal failure until they learn one of these days that you need someone to take a beating in front. PP QB? Too early yet, but Larsson is only 18 and he's going to look it at times.

For the record, before anyone screams "Deboer sucks", this time it won't be the coach who goes if it turns south.

You're going to see Zharkov and/or Pelley again to correct more of Lou's mistakes in Boulton. It's a toss up between Mills and Pelley. It won't matter much.

I don't expect a win every night, but I do expect the team show up and be competitive for at least some of the game. I expect them to be able to look like a team that has a chance of scoring a goal on their opponent for at least part of the game. Essentially, I'd like to be entertained for at least some of every game. Make it a somewhat worthy spectacle.

Now there will be points in the season when the team is just not up for it. They are mentally or physically checked out, and that makes it possible for these low expectations to not be fulfilled. This shouldn't be happening on the first game of the season though.

It's not the result that makes me worry (I can take a loss on the first of 82). It's the performance (or lack thereof).

i liked how Marty and Chico mentioned they havent played in 6 days and the Flyers just played. That does make somewhat of a difference. Its early, Flyers are one of the leagues favorites to win it all, and they have that stupid goalie who i cant stand casue he's so freaking big and good. Im not a hockey expert but Fayne and Kovulchuk were my goats in this game casue i noticed then missing passes or turning it over a few times. Im not freaking out, i wasnt expecting a win, but i was expecting at least one goal. The thing that bothered me is from the introductions to the post game interviews, it seemed like Parise seemed like he wasnt excited to be here. he seemed like someone who is just playing it as hard as they can but cant wait till they leave, thats just the vibe i got from him, i am hopefully wrong. Debour is talking now, hes got that name for a reason, when he talks , he is boring. Hes almost as bad as Sutter in a post game interview. that said , im getting boring, heres to hoping the Devils work out hte kinks and show us the last part of last season.

Was at the game and the one thing I'll say is that the crowd was dying for something to cheer about. Way less flyer fans then usual, and good energy at the start.

I honestly can't think of any positives except for Marty and Larsson. Whatever, its the first game, and the flyers played. It was the Devils first game in a week whereas the flyers already had a game. Big difference. We'll be fine boys

Was at the game and the one thing I'll say is that the crowd was dying for something to cheer about. Way less flyer fans then usual, and good energy at the start.

I honestly can't think of any positives except for Marty and Larsson. Whatever, its the first game, and the flyers played. It was the Devils first game in a week whereas the flyers already had a game. Big difference. We'll be fine boys

I was in 107.

Huge Flyers presence at the back of the section. Not much for us to cheer about though.

Kovy sucked.

Fayne was putrid.

Clarkson was awful.

Zach was invisible.

I was in 107.

Huge Flyers presence at the back of the section. Not much for us to cheer about though.

Kovy sucked.

Fayne was putrid.

Clarkson was awful.

Zach was invisible.

I was also in 107, and there were a bunch of Phailure fans in the back. They were annoying as fvck. But throughout the building, there weren't very many at all- it was a 98-2 Devils crowd by my estimation, and they did nothing to give anyone anything to cheer about.

oh boy, we are really bad. It's going to be a long season.

I have to say this performance falls on DeBoer. The team simply was not ready to play any NHL team tonight. That falls on the coach.

sorry - i don't blame deboer for this one. there was aggressive play which looked ok and that's what he brought. the pp has some life once they got set up but their breakout was terrible as usual. and more often than not, they sat still and didn't move on it.

my issue had much more to do with a clear lack of chemistry between linemates and this is of huge concern to me.

Here is the thing. losing to the flyers, maybe not a huge deal. But the way we played today... disgusting. we had maybe 1 chance to score a goal. The Sykora shot at the end of the 2nd. We had no traffic in front, we looked small, and it looked like a calm and composed win by the flyers. Brodeur looked good IMO.

this upset me as well. this was an easy game for the flyers which was exactly what deboer said he didn't want - especially from his bottom lines which were vacant.

holy hell was clarkson bad tonight - i mean worst hockey player in the league bad.

Playing without Zajac is hurting us more than playing without any other Devils im pretty sure

i know that triumph among others can't find enough value in one guy - espcially someone like zajac but his absence throws everything out of whack and it showed tonight.

Agreed! Josefson is a much better option than Zubrus. Tedenby should be the other winger. The Devils have to go with what they've got and those two swedes are the closest thing they have to top 6 material. Palmieri doesn't even belong on this team.

except he isn't. kovy played with nik antropov who is very similar to zubrus in skill set and size.

the problem is the system they are playing under lemaire they moved up the ice as a 5 man unit. this is not something that happens in pete system thus far.

I'm sure everything has been said.

Essentially, I'm with Sundstrom.

1. Zero chemistry going on....Tedenby and Mills?

2. I actually think Clarkie wasn't as bad tonight as you're thinking, but I was sitting in the corner of the rink downstairs, hard to get a view.

3. Zajac, Zajac, Zajac. Him being out is huge issue. We have no centers. Elias shouldn't be playing with ZP9.

Give these a shot maybe

Parise-Elias-Zubrus

Kovy-Henrique-Sykora

Clarkson-Josefson-Teddy

Boulton-Mills-Zharkov (we need his speed)

Separate Anton and Sal.

Edited by HellOnICE