Pick your poison

Revan

47 members have voted

1. 1. What would be easier to endure?

• Getting swept for the first time in club's history
    • Losing in 5 and watching the Kings celebrate with the Cup at the Rock

So, just in case there is no miracle and the Devils don't win this series (and not even two games), which of those scenarios would be less tough for you guys to stomach? I've always enjoyed the fact the Devs have never been swept and losing in 4 in the Stanley Cup Final is the worst time to do so. But if winning on Wednesday means coming back to the Rock just to host a Kings' cup celebration, that would be brutal for the home fans.

Why would I care about getting swept, it's just a statistic. It's nice we haven't been swept, but who flipping cares if we lose in Game 4 or Game 5? At least winning Game 4 would give us a sliver of hope for a few days, extend the season longer. We won't have hockey for at least three months after this, and who knows how much longer if there's another lockout.

fvck it. If they're destined to lose this one, let the Kings fans have their moment. I'm not ready to wave the white flag yet, but if they're just going to edge out a win Wednesday only to turn around and go down in flames on Saturday, I'd rather just get my money back - I could really use the extra $900 or so I paid for tickets rather than watch the Kings celebrate in our building.

AGAIN - I am not giving up, selling out, whatever the fvck else some of you will say (not necessarily those who've already posted here, but those who inevitably will) - but if they win Wednesday, it better be the beginning of an historic run, and not a throwaway win in a series where we're otherwise outclassed. I can find a silver lining in a sweep, and in going to the second game of an epic comeback (whether it's ultimately successful or not), but I won't be a happy camper if I paid a sh!t ton of money to watch the Kings win the Cup on our ice in five games.

Get the fvck out of here with this weak ass sh!t.

Fck off w this sh!t

This is a legit question. It's painful for all of us and I'm terribly disappointed with how this series turned out, but realistically speaking, the chance of this ending with the worst case scenario is pretty big. So, I'm just wondering what would be less painful.

I think I'd take a loss in five - doesn't make a huge difference, but at least it's one more win and this is what this sport is all about. And I don't really like the word "swept" going together with "Devils" in history books. Of course, as I said, I'm not a local, so I won't have to watch all that in person, that's why I'm asking you guys.

Edited by Revan

And I don't really like the word "swept" going together with "Devils" in history books. Of course, as I said, I'm not a local, so I won't have to watch all that in person, that's why I'm asking you guys.

I'm with you on that, it's always been nice to at least have that to hang your hat on, but I guess my opinion changes slightly when I've got such a hefty financial stake in it.

I'd love for there to be a game 5 - I've already bought the tickets, I'm going to the game if/when it happens, but it'll feel like such a huge waste to me personally if we can't at least then push it to a game 6.

Well nobody wants to hear those stupid hypotheticals while the series is still technically going on and people don't want to give up after a month and a half.

If we were up 3-0 it would be equally as stupid wanting to know if we should clinch on the road or at home, who cares? Just get it done. And if we lose, who cares where it's at? If it's at home, big whoop, at least we had some fun at home the last month and a half. I have to admit a perverse curiosity over just how bad the boos would be for Bettman in Game 5, but that's about it. He might seriously need the secret service there, Devil fans would be in even more of a foul mood and were already inclined to give him the business.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Its a completely legitimate and practical question. No one is giving up on this team...he asked whether you'd rather lose in 4 or 5.

It's a bullsh!t question. If there was a choice for I could give a fvcks less that's what I would go with. I want to win. I don't give a sh!t if people are woe is me we are down 3-0. Threads like this are garbage.

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1

It's a bullsh!t question. If there was a choice for I could give a fvcks less that's what I would go with. I want to win. I don't give a sh!t if people are woe is me we are down 3-0. Threads like this are garbage.

See all those I's? That's a big part of why this question is not bullsh!t. It's good you think that but some of us see this as a practical and mature hockey question - if we lose, how would you rather it done? Rather then screaming, "fvck any non-believers - you aren't real fvcking fans, get off these boards if you don't believe we are going to win." You don't like it? Fine. Go chill in the "True Believers" thread rather than crying about the legitimacy of this thread.

Edited by ben00rs

So, just in case there is no miracle and the Devils don't win this series (and not even two games), which of those scenarios would be less tough for you guys to stomach? I've always enjoyed the fact the Devs have never been swept and losing in 4 in the Stanley Cup Final is the worst time to do so. But if winning on Wednesday means coming back to the Rock just to host a Kings' cup celebration, that would be brutal for the home fans.

I dont want to see them get swept because that would basically mean they didnt put up a fight at all, especially after this 4-0 asss-kicking. If the Kings win, fukk it. But I dont want to see a sweep. That's too demoralizing.

We're down but not out yet. If they win on Wednesday, who the hell knows what could happen.

If they lose, I will be very disappointed.

See all those I's? That's a big part of why this question is not bullsh!t. It's good you think that but some of us see this as a practical and mature hockey question - if we lose, how would you rather it done? Rather then screaming, "fvck any non-believers - you aren't real fvcking fans, get off these boards if you don't believe we are going to win." You don't like it? Fine. Go chill in the "True Believers" thread rather than crying about the legitimacy of this thread.

Did I post any of that? No. There's a chance we can never make the finals again. So no I don't want to choose whether or not I want to lose in game 4 or lose in game 5 so now you can go fvck off.

Edited by Satans Hockey

Ok, I see how you work and argue now.

There's a chance we can never make the finals again.

Look at other teams around the league who haven't won cups since they have been around, Buffalo, Vancouver, St. Louis. Look at all those teams who have long droughts in between cups, Philly, Boston and Chicago before their cup wins in the last 2 seasons. Look at the Rangers from 1940 to 1994.

This is why it infuriates me that this thread even exists. To have to choose whether or not we want to lose this series in 4 or 5 is fvcking ridiculous.

I'm not saying you gotta get your poms poms out and drink your kool aid but fvck this sh!t thread.