Rumor- Kovalchuk to Devils

adavid

I just found it. It's at the end of the interview: "By the way, did you hear that Kovalchuk is going to the New Jersey Devils?" Didn't sound like speculation to me.

I knew I wasn't hearing things! :lol:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what if we put stonehands on kovy's line? Would that make up for his lack of defense?

If we didn't have to give up ZZ, Elias, or Martin, this could be a good move.

Gaborik won a whole game by himself, kovalchuk is more than capable of doing the same playing with D that allows at least one goal fewer per game than ATL.

if Kovalchuk was here, we'd stampede over everyone.

I'd say trade bergfors. there is a difference between being a game breaker and a scorer that racks up points beating up on lesser teams. Lets not forget that Kovalchuk is 26, and Elias is going to be around for only a couple years more...

Which Devils would kinda fit Atlanta's demands?

From the Kings, Waddell asked for Jack Johnson and/or Oscar Moller or Wayne Simmonds, prospects, draft picks and 2009 first rounder Brayden Schenn. But this might've been asking too much, so Waddell may be preparing another offer.

Notice they are asking for prospectS and draft pickS

Edit: the source is ESPN insider

Edited by cubanjd305

was just listening to NHL live and when the topic of Kovalchuk came up (like it does everyday) they said they think he is going to end up on an eastern conference team and that the two most likely teams are the flyers and the devils.

When...been listening for a while an interview with Myers

The suspense is killing me. How sexy does this look?

koviejersey.jpg

I am salivating at the thought of this rumor SOMEHOW being true!

Very sexy...heck I was thinking about making one a few years ago just to piss off Thrashers fans when I watch the Devils play them at Philips Arena.

:evil:

http://pa-in.facebook.com/posted.php...#s280461231027

Audio is up on facebook. It is at the very end of Potvins segment.

He sounds serious, and likens this move to the Mogilny one.

Immediately before he starts talking about it, they were discussing how some players don't work in some systems. They talked about how Jokinen didn't work in Calgary b/c he didn't play good D.

I know it's fun to speculate, but this just isn't happening for the reasons that are obvious to everyone... the asking price will be too high for a player who will not resign at the end of the year. Also, I think everyone knows that if you're talking trade with the Devils, you don't leak the existence of negotiations to the press, or else Lou won't deal with you in the future.

This is one of two things: either (1) someone's idle speculation being turned to into a rumor; or (2) Atlanta or some other third party planting rumors that will drive up the perceived demand.

http://pa-in.facebook.com/posted.php...#s280461231027

Audio is up on facebook. It is at the very end of Potvins segment.

He sounds serious, and likens this move to the Mogilny one.

Immediately before he starts talking about it, they were discussing how some players don't work in some systems. They talked about how Jokinen didn't work in Calgary b/c he didn't play good D.

link doesnt work? can you post full link without all the dots.

I just listened to the audio. Potvin obviously wasn't saying a deal was done, he said it would make sense in the same way the Mogilny deal made sense for the Devils. My own speculation is he sounds like he believes the Devils are making a push for Kovalchuk, like they did when they got Mogilny, based upon his tone and how he says things.

I know it's fun to speculate, but this just isn't happening for the reasons that are obvious to everyone... the asking price will be too high for a player who will not resign at the end of the year. Also, I think everyone knows that if you're talking trade with the Devils, you don't leak the existence of negotiations to the press, or else Lou won't deal with you in the future.

Your second reason is more likely than the first for why this won't happen. Lou's been known to kill trades as soon as any rumor of it surfaces. But I think a lot of people are overestimating the cost of a rental player. It won't be peanuts, but it wouldn't take Parise, Elias, half the farm and a 1st.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.